1/6th Greedo and Cantina set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its Forbidden Planet International. Theyre still full price in the stores but £39.99 each online....
Theyve got a few nice things this time around, I also got the QMX stunt phaser for 30 quid!.

I literally bought greedo yesterday for £80 in forbidden planet international store... reckon i can walk in with the receipt and a bit of charm? lol

i'm gonna try, if it works thats the price of the table and chairs saved

edit: well im back (i live 1 minute up the road from them) and no luck, the manager looked younger than me lol (i'm 23) and gave me some weird convoluted story about how the warehouses and each FB international store is its own different entity, and they cant even refund the greedo i bought for £80 so i could reorder online, as it isnt damaged and thats their policy ('unwanted goods' fall under goodwill, not consumer rights, so i guess they have no good will :()

Last edited:
i'm gonna try, if it works thats the price of the table and chairs saved

edit: well im back (i live 1 minute up the road from them) and no luck, the manager looked younger than me lol (i'm 23) and gave me some weird convoluted story about how the warehouses and each FB international store is its own different entity, and they cant even refund the greedo i bought for £80 so i could reorder online, as it isnt damaged and thats their policy ('unwanted goods' fall under goodwill, not consumer rights, so i guess they have no good will :()

That is very poor customer service. Can't you get store credit and use for something different and then get greedo online?

Greedo is on sale for £39.99 at the online store. Wanted to order one, but I am in the USA, and they say that the shipping cost will be calculated and added when it ships.
Bummer, but not worth it... :(

They wouldn't give store credit either sithlord. I usually avoid forbidden planet international after the virus thing on their site a few years back but never actually realised the one down my road was the international one lol. I also avoid it as when on holiday i went to the new york one - the guy behind the desk kept whining to 1 of the couriers about how most of the customers are stupid and only look around, then i was left as the only person in the shop and was being eyeballed and followed around by the other lady that worked there haha :pfft:

all that aside, id jump at a £39.99 greedo and forget all that! greedo is worth £80 to me as he is a favourite alien, just woulda been better to wait longer in this case lol

Last edited:
They wouldn't give store credit either sithlord. I usually avoid forbidden planet international after the virus thing on their site a few years back but never actually realised the one down my road was the international one lol. I also avoid it as when on holiday i went to the new york one - the guy behind the desk kept whining to 1 of the couriers about how most of the customers are stupid and only look around, then i was left as the only person in the shop and was being eyeballed and followed around by the other lady that worked there haha :pfft:

all that aside, id jump at a £39.99 greedo and forget all that! greedo is worth £80 to me as he is a favourite alien, just woulda been better to wait longer in this case lol

I used to go to the forbidden planet store (not international) in southampton when it opened (years ago) but the last two times ive been that way - dont live near it like i used to i was asounded at how crap the staff were. no knowledge or interest it seems in either selling or the subject matter its self

:gah:

Picked up Greedo last night! I'm in Southern California for the week doing some work training and popped into Corner Store Comics (very cool place and very friendly people, BTW)...

Greedo is awesome!! Can't wait to display him with Hammerhead! Two of the very best SS SW figs ever made, really.

Glad you finally got one... Greedo is a great figure :rock

Yeah, he really is! Super impressive figure. The paint aps are about the bst I've ever seen on a SS figure, esp the eyes! Joints are nice and tight and the outfit looks great. SS nails aliens! :rock

It's nice getting caught up with these releases I waited on... Lando, Hammerhead, Greedo, etc. Just need an Emperor now... and maybe an orange pauldron Sandie. :D

Both of those are good choices. I got caught up on the OT, so now I'm getting some Clones to flesh out my PT collection before Grievous and the Battle Droids come out.

So I've been looking into the Cantina Environment and im almost sold. The only problem is I literally cant find anyone elses opinion on the piece. This thread is filled with Greedo talk (not interested in Greedo personally).
So what im asking is wether the environment is worth the $90?. Any QC issues? The usual.

So I've been looking into the Cantina Environment and im almost sold. The only problem is I literally cant find anyone elses opinion on the piece. This thread is filled with Greedo talk (not interested in Greedo personally).
So what im asking is wether the environment is worth the $90?. Any QC issues? The usual.

I recently got into the 12" star wars figure about 6 months ago when Sideshow previewed the Mos Eisley - Chalmun's Cantina set. I like how it was displayed at SDCC 2011 decided to jump on the cantina environment. I can't find anything wrong with the environment. I think the paint application could be better, especially on the weathering. You have to be careful not to chip the paint. Somehow I rest a small knife on it and it chipped the paint. Overall, I don't think it's worth $90. I got mine cheap using 50 dollars gift cards. I wouldn't get it unless your thinking of putting the set together.

hmm Well my plan is to use my gift card ($50) and use the environment for my other 1/6 figures. I dont care about the lack of weathering because I wont have the whole scene recreated.
Its really a matter of what else is there on the gift card eligible list that im interested in? I wouldn't mind another clone or emperor throne but im already financially restricted.

Back