1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mine the other day as well. I agree the weathering could be a bit better but my only issue like others have said, is the shoulder joints. At first when I tried to turn them I thought they were a solid piece with the torso. Now that I've seen others being able to turn theirs I may give it another try. Just don't want to accidentally break it.

I also agree the seams and sprue marks could have been cleaned up better. I may take this on as a project and do some additional weathering. Overall, I think he looks good but probably not worth the $200+ price tag. Glad I was able to use my SS rewards to offset a large portion of the cost.

I was looking at a review of the original to see what's different and he actually has less/worse paint apps than that release

Sideshow advertised this release as having a more "movie accurate" paint scheme. The version 1 was a bit bronzer because of the washes they used versus the gray IG-88 normally appears in media. The quality of the paint and weathering was higher though. Looked far more realistic. Version 2 has a hastily applied wash job.

Apologies in advance for the criticisms I have for this figure if someone reading really likes it. The overall look of the version 2 is not the worst, but I don't think it's worth the money. If you really like IG-88, I really recommend seeking out the first release.

Received mine the other day as well. I agree the weathering could be a bit better but my only issue like others have said, is the shoulder joints. At first when I tried to turn them I thought they were a solid piece with the torso. Now that I've seen others being able to turn theirs I may give it another try. Just don't want to accidentally break it.

I also agree the seams and sprue marks could have been cleaned up better. I may take this on as a project and do some additional weathering. Overall, I think he looks good but probably not worth the $200+ price tag. Glad I was able to use my SS rewards to offset a large portion of the cost.

For the arms, I turned the upper arm ball joint outward, grab the round shoulder joint, and turned as hard as I could. Paint gets into that swivel joint with IG-88 so it often gets stuck.

Overall, ignoring the other issues, the version 2 IG-88 is definitely passable. With some work like cleaning up the sprue marks and fine tuning the weathering, it can look as great as it should. But you and others shouldn't have to fix the figure for what we pay.

I definitely agree that it is not worth the price. The figure felt really phoned in, like they cut as many corners as possible at the factory. I was genuinely shocked because I really liked what they did with 4-LOM.

Seeing all the complaints about version 2, I cancelled my order with SS and found an exclusive v1 on eBay for less than what I was expected to pay for the new one.

Welp, looks like mine will be here today late afternoon. Hopefully it's not a turd...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

The weathering is sevearly underwhelming it does feel extremely cheap compared to what I remember the first version was like. I mean the paint apps are pretty dang awful. Wtf @SSC?
cc69deac4cc78f5c12f464ccf3001cd5.jpg
3af275860ed75630d8314e44d99022a8.jpg
f2f37c4d4e366c3fb4b77a8471194db3.jpg
c4589777748d9df9e31363687472ec82.jpg

Nice pics, riblets! :clap This thread needs more.

I wonder if the underpainted/unpainted syringe things and first black cartridge/ammo box on the bandolier was intentional? My V.1 has the syringes and all the cartridges/ammo boxes painted as silver metal.

Even though it's not screen accurate, I prefer those black rubber elbow joints - really connects to the Kenner figure nicely and makes the figure pop a bit more vs more monochrome silver.

Scary how super-thin that wrist joint is.:horror Hope that's a metal pin, not plastic.

One of the things I really didn't like at all even on V.1 was SSC's decision to take the wedge cut out of the shoulder bell to improve articulation - but making it clearly different from the onscreen character. I'd rather it be a bit more restricted than be able to get the arms pointed out sideways. He has plenty of other arm articulation.

I received a brand new V1 a few days ago. It's as good as I remember, and significantly better than V2.

Aside from everything I've already mentioned like paint and build quality, one of the biggest things omitted from V2 are the ratcheted joints. I forgot the V1 had those in the elbows and ankles, allowing the figure to hold poses far better.

The rubber ribbing over the elbow joints were also properly secured. They were coming off on my V2 and others, judging from pictures.

The leg cable is also installed incorrectly versus V1 and the production pictures for V2. The cable that connects the two pods should wrap around the back of the leg. It's threaded in the wrong direction (or the pods are reversed).

V1 is the clear winner, hands down.

I think we all agree that version 1 is the better of the two. I myself despise version 2. I cannot believe just the overall lackingness of this figure. It really pisses me off.

I think we all agree that version 1 is the better of the two. I myself despise version 2. I cannot believe just the overall lackingness of this figure. It really pisses me off.

Unfortunate. I hope they don't botch the bossk 2.0 as well. The new proto headsculpt looked to be a huge improvement but now I'm concerned they will mail that figure in too.

I received my V2 IG-88 today, but haven't had time to check it out yet. I've been reading everyone's feedback, and while I never owned V1 I did a little research and discovered a big difference visually between the two that I'm sure you are all aware of. V1 comes with a holster for the stormtrooper blaster and the vibro axe, but V2 has neither... Which version is the more accurate when it comes to this detail???

Attachments

• 1000292_press10.jpg
    1000292_press10.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Review_SCIG88AssassinDroid03.jpg
    Review_SCIG88AssassinDroid03.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 117
Unfortunate. I hope they don't botch the bossk 2.0 as well. The new proto headsculpt looked to be a huge improvement but now I'm concerned they will mail that figure in too.
Yes, this. I have been contemplating cancelling my Bossk and Dengar order. I'm not sure if I even want to keep this IG88 or how to go about returning it.

Of course. You can always return if you don't like it. It seems like there's plenty of reasons to be upset with this half-assed item.

Let Sideshow repackage it for their V3.

After seeing this play out, you really have to wonder about Sideshow's future in 1/6 Star Wars.

Charge more for a 6-7 year old figure that comes with less - and then not deliver on QC.

I may be still in for Dengar (only because I have $50 off at PC,) but Luke Snowspeeder was officially my last Sideshow figure.

I left the Bounty Hunters long ago. I really wanted them, but pricing and space ultimately won out.

I have the v1 IG-88 and the v1 Bossk... and v1 Fett of course. The only one I really, really wanted was Zuckuss because I find his design interesting.

I love the idea of the Bounty Hunters, just like I like the idea of Ren's Knights... but I don't plan on devoting an entire shelf to their momentary screen time for over $1,200.

It's likely I won't spend that much on the entire Sequel Trilogy.

Back