1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe mine was a repack, but I was disappointed considering this is a 2.0. The difference between HT quality & SS quality is wide though the prices are pretty much the same. Does anybody know if you return an item on SS, do they keep the NRD if you preordered? Their website states something as much, but that would be incredibly dumb to penalize someone for preordering.

I understand your disappoint and frustration. Sideshow can be really hit or miss in terms of quality control. I'm getting mine today so I'll add to the discussion when I open it.

If you're unsatisfied with the figure because of quality control issues, they should refund you the NRD and shipping cost. But you'll have to make it clear that it's because it didn't live up to your expectations vs you just not wanting it. Take lots of photos.

Are you sure you don't want to try getting an exchange first? Maybe you just got a bad figure. If you really like IG-88 and the bounty hunters, it might be worth a shot.

I don't really expect HT to ever get to the bounty hunters, even years down the road. They'll be perpetually busy with the sequel trilogy, anthology films, and whatever comes after, as well as revisiting the OT and even PT if Anakin does well. An ESB Fett is possible, but I don't know about the rest. If they do, great. But who knows.

I didn't know that. It would've helped if it came with instructions I guess lol
Yeah, it's lame that it doesn't come with instructions. Check out Youtube there's some good reviews on the older figure and at least one on the ver.2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind getting this and Bossk but I feel like there's no reason to collect only a couple of these guys given that they don't do anything beyond standing there in one scene. They look cool though.

I wouldn't mind getting this and Bossk but I feel like there's no reason to collect only a couple of these guys given that they don't do anything beyond standing there in one scene. They look cool though.

It's from Empire Strikes Back though, for me that's enough. Like being a benchwarmer on one of the best teams of all time.

I understand your disappoint and frustration. Sideshow can be really hit or miss in terms of quality control. I'm getting mine today so I'll add to the discussion when I open it.

If you're unsatisfied with the figure because of quality control issues, they should refund you the NRD and shipping cost. But you'll have to make it clear that it's because it didn't live up to your expectations vs you just not wanting it. Take lots of photos.

Are you sure you don't want to try getting an exchange first? Maybe you just got a bad figure. If you really like IG-88 and the bounty hunters, it might be worth a shot.

I don't really expect HT to ever get to the bounty hunters, even years down the road. They'll be perpetually busy with the sequel trilogy, anthology films, and whatever comes after, as well as revisiting the OT and even PT if Anakin does well. An ESB Fett is possible, but I don't know about the rest. If they do, great. But who knows.

You know after loading him up the nostalgia hits you and things look better. Do any owners of this figure v1 or v2 have 2 working elbows on this guy? The mines can be glued to the magnets. Maybe I won't return him after all, but I suspect he's a statue(like in the movie) or he's frustrating as heck.

You know after loading him up the nostalgia hits you and things look better. Do any owners of this figure v1 or v2 have 2 working elbows on this guy? The mines can be glued to the magnets. Maybe I won't return him after all, but I suspect he's a statue(like in the movie) or he's frustrating as heck.

At the very least I would contact them for replacements for the mines and the blaster if you decide to keep it. No reason things like that shouldn't be perfect out of the box. It's on them to make it right for you.

Mine came, and the outer box had been re-taped. The inner box was busted up, torn, and the tray had been re-taped poorly. The rifle peg that stick into the arm was broken, and his leg was broken off. SUPER disappointed. I'm making a claim with sideshow to return this POS for a refund.

I can't believe they sent you an unpainted head sculpt.

I think he meant unweathered without the brown wash like in the production photo pics on Sideshow's site.

I opened mine and it's the same.

Mine came, and the outer box had been re-taped. The inner box was busted up, torn, and the tray had been re-taped poorly. The rifle peg that stick into the arm was broken, and his leg was broken off. SUPER disappointed. I'm making a claim with sideshow to return this POS for a refund.

Okay, glad it's not just me. The box had clearly been opened and re-taped. Something must've happened at the factory.

Luckily nothing was broken, but the right leg wire doesn't wrap around the back of the leg like in Sideshow's promo pictures and it's all a mess in the front. Can anyone else confirm theirs is like this?

This is exactly how it came

IMG_1221.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

Wow thats pretty bad. I am sure they will get you a new one if thats what you want. I would be fuming though.

As for the unweathered head. It looks ridiculous with the new body.

Would it be possible to apply a similar wash to match the body? If so, someone needs to post up a "recipe" because that would drive me nuts

Wow thats pretty bad. I am sure they will get you a new one if thats what you want. I would be fuming though.

As for the unweathered head. It looks ridiculous with the new body.

At first I just wanted a replacement, but honestly this quality is terrible for a $200 figure. I want out now... just give me a refund and take this crap back. I'd rather spend on a quality hot toys.

That's pretty crappy. Jeez I dunno how mine will look when it arrives. If it arrives cause Harvey.

If mine arrives like these I will ask for a replacement or a refund if I can't be guaranteed proper QA. This is ridiculous.

Back