1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few picts of mine.....
IMG1983.jpg

IMG1981.jpg

IMG1976.jpg

IMG1980.jpg

I am LONG overdue with the decent pics of this guy, so accept my apology and go grab a cup of tea, you are about to be photo spammed!

He is on a TT slim for those curious

boba1lowquality.png

boba2lowquality.png

boba3lowquality.png

boba4lowquality.png

boba5lowquality.png

boba6lowquality.png

boba7lowquality.png

boba8lowquality.png

boba9lowquality.png

boba10lowquality.png

boba11lowquality.png

boba12lowquality.png

boba14lowquality.png

boba15lowquality.png

boba16lowquality.png

boba17lowquality.png

boba18lowquality.png

boba13lowquality.png

aaaand lastly

"Load captain solo into the cargo hold.."

boba19lowquality.png

Interesting how when the red blocks out the off shade of green and makes it look darker, he looks tons better, think I'm gonna repaint

Last edited:
Well cancelled my preorder from one place & ordered direct from Sideshow, too long a wait for this guy

Well your in Australia....that explains everything. But I am glad your finally getting a Fett. You Australia SSC fans are sure dedicated to pay that kind of shipping I personally don't know if I would still be collecting 1/6 if I had to pay the shipping you do.

boba18lowquality.png

great pics. whats the recipe on the stormy? apart from that, they look shiny

They're sandtroopers in the middle of being modded, but it would work for an ST too.

I repainted them pure white, but that was too white, so did a very watery greenish tan wash, that basically made the plastic a darker shade of white and matched the paint SSC used for the helmet (I didn't respray helmet or I'd lose the decals, so I just used tamiya paint thinner to strip the gunky weathering off) You can prob skip this with a stormtrooper, but for the sandies I needed rid of that factory weathering quick

Then I airbrushed it with thinned tamiya gloss in many layers to make it as shiney as possible.

The armour is actually on a tt slim also, as the SSC bodies are ungainly and proportionately weird with wide hips. If you wanna put a storm/sandtrooper on a tt slim its quite an operation as the body isn't as thin as an armour body, so if you want to know that part just ask.

I covered over the black forehead band on their helmets, and replaced it with a new, irregular one made from a piece of black fine line masking tape glued on (mimics the real rubber look at that scale) as in the movies none of their helmets have a straight brow like the ssc helmet

If you have a stormtrooper this is easy to do, its a bit tougher going from sandtrooper to this, but I want some perfect sandies (without abandoning these guys and buying marmit :lol )so this is the half way point

I have more pics and before/after pics in my custom thread, don't wanna photo spam with sandtroopers now lol

LOL, I wonder if that's the same place I'm trying to cancel mine from but had no reply. They should have got it in by now.:dunno

Yeah I'm sure it is, at least the email isn't bouncing, first I sent a request for info, then 2 weeks later with no reply I sent a cancellation..... at least theres no deposit on this like another product, if I loose my deposit on that I my call an end to my collecting days I think.. pS loving those pics of Boba on the TT looks near perfect

Model number won't get you far, just the overpriced old single released one, look out for these HT figure's bodies - Red Skull, Sweeney Todd, Jack Sparrow.

Rarer but would technically work - Bruce Lee (what a waste of the sculpt under all the armour haha) Batman, Michael Jackson

There are probably more but I can't think of them atm

So after having this guy since it shipped back in June/July (?) I noticed my vest had a small rip behind the right top armor piece so I emailed SSC to see what they could do.

Their great customer service quickly responded and informed me they were mailing me a new vest. However, they also included instructions for me to destroy my current vest, one I receive the new one, and that they wanted pics as proof otherwise I will be charged for the replacement.

I certainly understand their concern for the possibility that I may turn the extra vest into profit or whatnot but it just seems extreme and I honestly feel bad doing this to the vest. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. :monkey2

Anyone ever receive a similar request from SSC?

Yeah, they make you do that sometimes when they don't make you return the part or item. I've had them request I destroy lithographs that were bent and send them proof as well.

Back