1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes to discussions of Medi scale issues, it is NEVER "nuff said"!:lecture:rotfl

I used the term "distorted" - by which I meant flared. It was literally distorted somehow and the ESB screen used one is the only Boba helmet that exhibits that flaring. Even the helmet accidentally scanned by MR (made right before the screen used one) didn't have that distortion despite being nearly a 100% match finish wise to the screen used one.

But I'm with you - other than the stunning weathering apps, I'm not a fan of the SSC helmet (along with most of the SSC outfit including chest/shoulder armor, braids, vest and pouch belt.)

What's wrong with the belt? And I actually did call the medi undersized if you reread it. Just the Ss is even more oversized, it shows when you flare it. It becomes imba big. Whereas the medi when flared comes closer to 1 6th scale (working on that atm :lol)
?

What's wrong with the belt? And I actually did call the medi undersized if you reread it. Just the Ss is even more oversized, it shows when you flare it. It becomes imba big. Whereas the medi when flared comes closer to 1 6th scale (working on that atm :lol)
?

Too reddish (yes, you can repaint but it's "leather" finish,) shape of the pouch flaps/button placement is wrong. Don't like the visible affix point of pouches to belt.

Like many of the pieces on the SSC, taken together, it's a great quality presentation, though one that is in general not very screen accurate.

I used the term "distorted" - by which I meant flared. It was literally distorted somehow and the ESB screen used one is the only Boba helmet that exhibits that flaring. Even the helmet accidentally scanned by MR (made right before the screen used one) didn't have that distortion despite being nearly a 100% match finish wise to the screen used one.

But I'm with you - other than the stunning weathering apps, I'm not a fan of the SSC helmet (along with most of the SSC outfit including chest/shoulder armor, braids, vest and pouch belt.)

IMG_0450.jpg

this is the pic i'm using for reference

boba%20esb.jpg

This flare hoopla is driving me nuts. The SSC Fett's helmet has plenty of flare. More than enough.

The ESB flare is much more myth than fact.

Notice how in some pictures, the SSC helmet has almost no flare?

fett.jpg

........But in others, it does?

006a.jpg

Then congratulations. You just unraveled the flare mystery. Lens distortion, angle, distance, and so forth have more to do with the flare than anything else.

Unfortunately, some of you guys that have good intentions are really butchering some pretty nice figures.

Last edited:
Um.... no. The guys over at The Dented Helmet have something to say when it comes to the ESB bucket "flare."

Fact: The SSC bucket is pinched and elongated. It is not an accurate representation of the ESB bucket in terms of both shape and paint.

I've decided to pass on this figure, too much messing around with it to get it right.

Helmet mods, wrong colour, crappy braids, vest issues, swapping it to a TT body, nup I'll pass and wait for their ROTJ version.

It's Boba Fett, a little more effort would've been good.

Too reddish (yes, you can repaint but it's "leather" finish,) shape of the pouch flaps/button placement is wrong. Don't like the visible affix point of pouches to belt.

Like many of the pieces on the SSC, taken together, it's a great quality presentation, though one that is in general not very screen accurate.

Plastic beats leather though IMO.

EDIT: The hell did I just type? I fail.

Reverse that obviously.

Last edited:
I've decided to pass on this figure, too much messing around with it to get it right.

Helmet mods, wrong colour, crappy braids, vest issues, swapping it to a TT body, nup I'll pass and wait for their ROTJ version.

It's Boba Fett, a little more effort would've been good.

Going to be interesting to see what SCC does with both Vader and Fett version 2 releases.

They certainly seem to be taking their time with Vader; almost seems to have been pulled from its original schedule - announced six months ago, preorder still months away, release date maybe mid year next year or later?

No word on ROTJ version of Boba yet... I think SSC is paying attention to the issues both version 1 releases had.:clap

I think we all want "ultimate" versions of these two that require futzing, not a ton of mods.

Um.... no. The guys over at The Dented Helmet have something to say when it comes to the ESB bucket "flare."

Fact: The SSC bucket is pinched and elongated. It is not an accurate representation of the ESB bucket in terms of both shape and paint.

Lol. Quote it for me.

Or pm me over there. Screen name is rubio95 (psst! I'm one of the guys over at The Dented Helmet).

Lollers/

Wow, Rubio, amazing job on that Boba Fett bucket. Didn't realize you were into the 1:1 stuff (not a regular at DH). Great work!

Then you of all people should know how grossly innacurate the SSC bucket is.

Trust me, I'm aware of the inaccuracy. But of all of them, the 'flare' isn't one. Sculpt, yes. Flare, no.

And thanks, Sol. The costume should be a beauty when she's done! I'll keep you guys updated.

This flare hoopla is driving me nuts. The SSC Fett's helmet has plenty of flare. More than enough.

The ESB flare is much more myth than fact.

Notice how in some pictures, the SSC helmet has almost no flare?

fett.jpg

........But in others, it does?

006a.jpg

Then congratulations. You just unraveled the flare mystery. Lens distortion, angle, distance, and so forth have more to do with the flare than anything else.

Unfortunately, some of you guys that have good intentions are really butchering some pretty nice figures.

and I'll butcher you too if you stand in the way of my flare!!!! :fireworks:
dr_evazan.jpg

but lets cut the one up manship and attitude surrounding this figure on the forum, and just accept a load of us are trying to get our toy to be exactly what we want it to be based off perceptions in our minds.

In my mind, boba has a wider jaw than ssc's, and those pics you posted don't alleviate my issue, whereas flaring it out capture's those 'moments of lense distortion' that obviously have formed my nostalgic basis of the character in ESB

Last edited:
If you pull his head down, he has a flare. Fair enough, but on ESB he has a flare from a straight on view.

boba%20esb.jpg

Say what you want, but Sideshows Fett does NOT look like that. Even if it had the correct flare, the cheeks arent deep enough, he has no triangles on his forehead, he has a VERY off-looking visor sculpt, ánd his colors are wrong. Sculpt ánd paintwise, It's a nice figure sure, but not accurate.

Last edited:
but lets cut the one up manship and attitude surrounding this figure on the forum, and just accept a load of us are trying to get our toy to be exactly what we want it to be based off perceptions in our minds.

In my mind, boba has a wider jaw than ssc's, and those pics you posted don't alleviate my issue, whereas flaring it out capture's those 'moments of lense distortion' that obviously have formed my nostalgic basis of the character in ESB

No problem! Just don't say that you're making it 'screen-accurate', because you're not.

Keep up the good work. I'm not ripping on the fact that you're customizing your figures, I enjoy the pictures and discussion. If you're having fun, then that's all that matters. But it's easy to overdo it.

I'm not a fan of SideShow's Boba Fett. In fact, over time I like it less and less (other than the fact that it's Boba Fett). I made the vest modification, but other than that, I've left mine alone. A shame, since so very much of the figure is done very well. Repaints and reshaping modifcations don't solve the problem of inaccurate sculpting, pure and simple.

The Tomy helmet, admittedly, is intriguing to me. The sculpt is much closer to being accurate than the SideShow version. I'll probably look into getting one of those.

No problem! Just don't say that you're making it 'screen-accurate', because you're not.

Or what exactly?
You're going to act like a dip****?
2 late.
Heres my screen accurate Boba fett...
images

Disagree? Please go lick someones ass who cares for your opinion. :wave

Last edited:
Wow nil. You get so hostile sometimes. You must be a very passionate person. I admire your style but holy s*** was that out of left field.

PS. I enjoy licking ass.

Back