1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FettHeight.jpg

This is Fett in a full standing legs together position and the tape is placed on the stand with him. Crappy phone pic, but anyways, to the top of his helmet, just a tad over 12".

FettHeight.jpg

This is Fett in a full standing legs together position and the tape is placed on the stand with him. Crappy phone pic, but anyways, to the top of his helmet, just a tad over 12".

Thank you thank you thank you that helps my decision a lot.

Is this the only 1/6 figure that has the forward extended crotch grabber? I want another one for another figure.
Don't know how to search for / find one.

Yeah, but Boba is the only one that came with the extended grabber part of the stand. I only want the extended grabber. I can't even find a complete Boba stand for sale anywhere.

KGrHqJnwFBYWgVH3wBQbQkrT4jg60_35_zps04540a64.jpg

I might have a complete display base for sale - i ended up buying two boba fetts ,one for customizing and one for leaving as is, but the spare base is intact.

This is the Tomy Helmet posted earlier on the Medicom set on a slim TT.

sb0xdx.jpg

14trj9i.jpg

I think it looks great scalewise, I dont know where all the underscaled comments come from. Sideshow's helmet is oversized. Even on a normal TT.

This is the Tomy Helmet posted earlier on the Medicom set on a slim TT.

sb0xdx.jpg

14trj9i.jpg

I think it looks great scalewise, I dont know where all the underscaled comments come from. Sideshow's helmet is oversized. Even on a normal TT.

The scalewise issues with the Tomy helmet are only in the context of "regular" 1/6 (i.e. try it on the SSC Fett body), not with Medi 1/6 which as is constantly discussed, is somewhere in the 1/6-1/7 range.

Tomy helmets would be a great option for Medi scale custom figs (their ATAT driver helmet would make a brilliant - and very cheap - Medi scale fig,) though there are a few Tomys that are closer to true 1/6 scale.

What is "true" 1/6 I know is very debatable - people who use the GG busts as a basis for 1/6 articulated figs often find the GG stuff to be a little under scale in relation to regular HT/SSC figs.

Not really. 6 feet in real life = 12 inches. :dunno

What I mean is that for example, using similarly scaled bodies, SSC heads are generally larger than HT heads, and some people say that the SSC heads are over scale for 1/6. Yet many said the HT Indy head was noticeably too small, especially on the muscular bod he came on.

I found that a lot of SSC heads only appeared too large because of the early Prom bodies, which were too short in the torso, but they are physically bigger than many HT heads.

In military, comparing Dragon heads to Soldier Story, the SS ones are quite a bit smaller, even though they are on similar height bodies (in fact the standard SS bod is a little taller than a standard Dragon.) Some like the SS better because the hats/helmets scale the head up.

The hands on a Dragon are larger than the SS ones, just as SSC hands are a little bigger than some HT hands (and some say that HT hands are too small...)

The scalewise issues with the Tomy helmet are only in the context of "regular" 1/6 (i.e. try it on the SSC Fett body), not with Medi 1/6 which as is constantly discussed, is somewhere in the 1/6-1/7 range.

Tomy helmets would be a great option for Medi scale custom figs (their ATAT driver helmet would make a brilliant - and very cheap - Medi scale fig,) though there are a few Tomys that are closer to true 1/6 scale.

What is "true" 1/6 I know is very debatable - people who use the GG busts as a basis for 1/6 articulated figs often find the GG stuff to be a little under scale in relation to regular HT/SSC figs.

Like I said. He's on a slim TT. So HT scale. He looks on scale next to sideshows emperor.

But he just said it is on a Hot Toys slim so this is true 1:6 scale.

But he just said it is on a Hot Toys slim so this is true 1:6 scale.

Yes and no. Slim on the right.

review_ttcomp_3.jpg

Just pulled this pic from Michael's reviews, which calls the Slim "ideal for smaller adults or youths."

Some people have called the Medi Boba a teenage Boba based on not just his height, but also the overall "size/volume" of the pieces (even though a couple of pieces - e.g. gaunts - are the same size as the SSC fig,) so maybe this fits nicely for that reason, though adds a little to the height.

Like HT, Dragon also did a body (generally associated with Sepp Jung) that was a smaller adult/youth body, third from left...

images

I haven't seen side-by-sides, but I would imagine the Slim is only slightly bigger than the base Medi body.

Interestingly, the SSC fig looks pretty good ported to the slim, mostly due to the SSC boot but more importantly the fact that some stuff on the Boba costume was a bit too big for Bulloch's proportions (most noticeably the ESB helmet and jumpsuit) so the slightly larger SSC items on the slightly smaller body works.

Medi jumpsuit is too tight/stretched and short here...

14trj9i.jpg

Last edited:
Yes and no. Slim on the right.

review_ttcomp_3.jpg

Just pulled this pic from Michael's reviews, which calls the Slim "ideal for smaller adults or youths."

Some people have called the Medi Boba a teenage Boba based on not just his height, but also the overall "size/volume" of the pieces (even though a couple of pieces - e.g. gaunts - are the same size as the SSC fig,) so maybe this fits nicely for that reason, though adds a little to the height.

Like HT, Dragon also did a body (generally associated with Sepp Jung) that was a smaller adult/youth body, third from left...

images

I haven't seen side-by-sides, but I would imagine the Slim is only slightly bigger than the base Medi body.

Interestingly, the SSC fig looks pretty good ported to the slim, mostly due to the SSC boot but more importantly the fact that some stuff on the Boba costume was a bit too big for Bulloch's proportions (most noticeably the ESB helmet and jumpsuit) so the slightly larger SSC items on the slightly smaller body works.

Medi jumpsuit is too tight/stretched and short here...

14trj9i.jpg

So Medi's stuff looks underscaled on the Body. Which actually means the headsculpt is even more properly scaled.

SS Jedi Luke can wear SS's Boba helmet size-wise. Nuff said.

Sideshow is oversized, Medi is undersized, Tomy is inbetween. In scale. It's a comic style sculpt though. It doesn't look realistic proportion wise in itself.

Pretty nifty thing for 15$ tho!

Last edited:
I compared the Medi body suit to the SS and they are the exact same length. SS is just wider or more baggy. Oh and the Medi bodysuit sleeves are longer too. Bad form SS. Bad form. So aside from being on the thin or skinny side the two suits are essentially the same size.

I'm not sure if any of you guys have worn a real Boba Maker accurate helmet that my friends in the 501st wear but they are tight on your head and face. They are not big at all. There is also not much room for your face inside and these were cast from the original screen used prop.

I don't have SSC fett in hand but the helmet does seem a bit oversized.

As far as the slim TT goes its a great fit for Jeremy's physique. The only issue is its height. With a set of extended foot pegs the slim is perfect. The only issue you then run into is the fact that SS and medi's jumpsuits won't cover the longer legs.

I compared the Medi body suit to the SS and they are the exact same length. SS is just wider or more baggy. Oh and the Medi bodysuit sleeves are longer too. Bad form SS. Bad form. So aside from being on the thin or skinny side the two suits are essentially the same size.

I'm not sure if any of you guys have worn a real Boba Maker accurate helmet that my friends in the 501st wear but they are tight on your head and face. They are not big at all. There is also not much room for your face inside and these were cast from the original screen used prop.

I don't have SSC fett in hand but the helmet does seem a bit oversized.

As far as the slim TT goes its a great fit for Jeremy's physique. The only issue is its height. With a set of extended foot pegs the slim is perfect. The only issue you then run into is the fact that SS and medi's jumpsuits won't cover the longer legs.

The length of sleeves is just how the two manufacturers handled the gauntlet attachment, but the bagginess really is the size to some degree. Like putting a female bodysuit on a male fig - the narrowness consumes length. But you're right that the SSC jumpsuit does look short at the ankles no matter what, even on the slim.

Not sure what you mean about the Boba helmet being small - maybe to wear (internally) but if you look at the source pics at dented helmet, the thing is a full 2/3's the width of Bulloch's shoulders in ESB!

I know that screen-used helmet is distorted (unlike the ROTJ and others) and therefore wider, but what I mean is it is not even close to something like threepio's head that was snug to the point of essentially being visually no larger than the human head underneath.

The length of sleeves is just how the two manufacturers handled the gauntlet attachment, but the bagginess really is the size to some degree. Like putting a female bodysuit on a male fig - the narrowness consumes length. But you're right that the SSC jumpsuit does look short at the ankles no matter what, even on the slim.

Not sure what you mean about the Boba helmet being small - maybe to wear (internally) but if you look at the source pics at dented helmet, the thing is a full 2/3's the width of Bulloch's shoulders in ESB!

I know that screen-used helmet is distorted (unlike the ROTJ and others) and therefore wider, but what I mean is it is not even close to something like threepio's head that was snug to the point of essentially being visually no larger than the human head underneath.

Yes. However. You forget that in ESB the helmet is flared out. Thus wider. The Ss helmet is NOT flared out, and still as wide. So it's oversized. Logicallyw. :)

So Medi's stuff looks underscaled on the Body. Which actually means the headsculpt is even more properly scaled.

SS Jedi Luke can wear SS's Boba helmet size-wise. Nuff said.

Sideshow is oversized, Medi is undersized, Tomy is inbetween. In scale. It's a comic style sculpt though. It doesn't look realistic proportion wise in itself.

Pretty nifty thing for 15$ tho!

When it comes to discussions of Medi scale issues, it is NEVER "nuff said"!:lecture:rotfl

Yes. However. You forget that in ESB the helmet is flared out. Thus wider. The Ss helmet is NOT flared out, and still as wide. So it's oversized. Logicallyw. :)

I used the term "distorted" - by which I meant flared. It was literally distorted somehow and the ESB screen used one is the only Boba helmet that exhibits that flaring. Even the helmet accidentally scanned by MR (made right before the screen used one) didn't have that distortion despite being nearly a 100% match finish wise to the screen used one.

But I'm with you - other than the stunning weathering apps, I'm not a fan of the SSC helmet (along with most of the SSC outfit including chest/shoulder armor, braids, vest and pouch belt.)

Back