1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like the SSC Fett, but if I had to have one I would choose the ROTJ Medicom Fett. Its great right out of the box.

If you like customizing, a modded/kitbashed SSC/Medi Fett would look the best. It just depends how much work one wants to put into it. The SSC Fett needs lots of work done to it.

man i keep hearing this malarkey about the medicom ROTJ. i had that turd and sold it within the month a while back!! the scale of it just kills it..when they start making REAL 1/6 figures i'll seriously consider them.

peace out
Miguel

man i keep hearing this malarkey about the medicom ROTJ. i had that turd and sold it within the month a while back!! the scale of it just kills it..when they start making REAL 1/6 figures i'll seriously consider them.

peace out
Miguel

Putting it on a Hot Toys slim body it smokes the SSC one period.

if by "smokes it" you mean it feels like a burn that you got it over the SST Fett, i agree.

Sorry guys bit scale aside medicom destroys Ssc straight out the box. And The scale isn't out much either. Ssc did some really nice bits on their boba but ultimately dropped the ball.

People that own Medi's seem to be wanting to support it's dominance over Sideshow's, without mentioning the things Sideshow improved upon.

I say for a 7 year old release Medicom still holds very well against the Sideshow, but Sideshow's is still better as a figure out of the box. And that's coming from a Medi owner.

Modded is another story.

Sorry guys bit scale aside medicom destroys Ssc straight out the box. And The scale isn't out much either. Ssc did some really nice bits on their boba but ultimately dropped the ball.

I don't agree..while i own both the SSC and Medicom ROTJ, the SSC Boba has a better paint application/better detailing with the Medicom having a good helmet sculpt but tad lacking then SS in the paint department/detailing though, i can get the Medicom Boba into some great dynamic poses but, this means nothing to me since i like Boba just resting his rifle over the arm or aiming pose...neck wrap is way better on the SS version.

Both are great figures for different reasons but, if you are comparing ESB Medicom to ESB SSC then clearly SS is the winner..i find the Medicom version of ESB Boba to look very bland.

I don't agree..while i own both the SSC and Medicom ROTJ, the SSC Boba has a better paint application/better detailing with the Medicom having a good helmet sculpt but tad lacking then SS in the paint department/detailing though, i can get the Medicom Boba into some great dynamic poses but, this means nothing to me since i like Boba just resting his rifle over the arm or aiming pose...neck wrap is way better on the SS version.

Both are great figures for different reasons but, if you are comparing ESB Medicom to ESB SSC then clearly SS is the winner..i find the Medicom version of ESB Boba to look very bland.

Agreed, and let's not forget even Medi's paint choices are móre accurate, but still not quite accurate. :lol

However, looking at the new ROTJ boba by Medi, and the SS Fett, which were released in the same timeframe, you clearly see Medi releases at this time has the ability to be better than SS.

Can anyone tell me exactly how tall is SS fett? Foot to top of helmet that is. If he is 12" tall I may pick this up but if he is shorter and I have to mod the height like I had to on my Medi I'll pass.

He is 12inches for sure and a bit more even i believe, i think my older Medicom figures are exactly 12inch.

Can anyone tell me exactly how tall is SS fett? Foot to top of helmet that is. If he is 12" tall I may pick this up but if he is shorter and I have to mod the height like I had to on my Medi I'll pass.

Jim, hes probably about half an inch taler than medi Jango, so I'd say pretty close to 12". They look ridiculously awesome together for a father/son shot. One of the times, like with Maul where the Medi scale helps. Other than that, I'd say hes a perfect height for posing with the bulk of SS stuff.

Thanks guys. I figured as much. I just wanted to know for sure. If anyone can post a pic next to a ruler I would greatly appreciate it.

Back