1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow nil. You get so hostile sometimes. You must be a very passionate person. I admire your style but holy s*** was that out of left field.

PS. I enjoy licking ass.

I just don't see how someone gets off on telling someone else they can't claim thet their work is not working towards being screen accurate. Everyone here has different skill levels and wants their stuff to look good, its just jerkerrific imo to declare yourself a Boba expert then start telling everyone else whether they are or aren't able to claim they're working on screen accuracy. I mean does he have a Boba Fett degree of Science from Lucas or something? :lol

People like him are exactly why you will never see pics of anything I do to change my figures.

And...PS your second part of your post... TMI. :lol

Or what exactly?
You're going to act like a dip****?
2 late.
Heres my screen accurate Boba fett...
images

Disagree? Please go lick someones ass who cares for your opinion. :wave

I just don't see how someone gets off on telling someone else they can't claim thet their work is not working towards being screen accurate. Everyone here has different skill levels and wants their stuff to look good, its just jerkerrific imo to declare yourself a Boba expert then start telling everyone else whether they are or aren't able to claim they're working on screen accuracy. I mean does he have a Boba Fett degree of Science from Lucas or something? :lol

People like him are exactly why you will never see pics of anything I do to change my figures.

And...PS your second part of your post... TMI. :lol

Classy as always.

If the OP states that he is going for screen accuracy, then that OP needs to be prepared for critiques as well as praise.

That's all I did.

Seems like you're the only one getting in a tizzy about it.

Classy as always.

If the OP states that he is going for screen accuaracy, then that OP needs to be prepared for critiques as well as praise.

That's all I did.

Know it all as always.

No, you told him not to say hes going for screen accuracy.

I've been following these threads awhile, you've got no place to tell most of these guys about screen accuracy, they know their **** much better than you :lecture

Know it all as always.

No, you told him not to say hes going for screen accuracy.

I've been following these threads awhile, you've got no place to tell most of these guys about screen accuracy, they know their **** much better than you :lecture

Lol. Maybe you're right.

If you desire, I encourage you to check my credentials. I certainly am not the be-all, end-all authority on Boba Fett, but I know enough that I can be confident in expressing my views on this character regarding accuracy, color, sculpt, etc.

I like to debate the character. DE-BATE. My posts are well-thought out, they include photos (many of them are original photographs), evidence, and cosideration for other points of view. Never insulting, disrespectful, or rude. And my comments on Boba Fett (as well as my in-depth, FAIR review of the SideShow Boba Fett) have been well-received by just about everyone but YOU.

YOU can't mention Boba Fett figures without finding a way to bash Medicom.

YOU jump on the Medicom thread simply to bash Medicom.

YOU like to cause problems when there are none.

That's a troll, right?

Lol. Maybe you're right.

If you desire, I encourage you to check my credentials. I certainly am not the be-all, end-all authority on Boba Fett, but I know enough that I can be confident in expressing my views on this character regarding accuracy, color, sculpt, etc.

I like to debate the character. DE-BATE. My posts are well-thought out, they include photos (many of them are original photographs), evidence, and cosideration for other points of view. Never insulting, disrespectful, or rude. And my comments on Boba Fett (as well as my in-depth, FAIR review of the SideShow Boba Fett) have been well-received by just about everyone but YOU.

YOU like to cause problems when there are none.

That's a troll, right?

Check what credentials? I've read your crap time and again. You're a know it all puke.

I've praised Natrix's RotJ medi, so obviously I don't hate every Fett medi, but thats right, that always seemed to be your sticking point that I didn't think yours was as nice. Get over yourself you egotistical piece of crap.

I'm a medi hater? You're so full of ****,you must have your head up your ass. Theres a thread asking about your favorite all time figs of which I had medis in my top and a medi in my top 5 Star Wars figs. As usual Rubio95 talking out his ass. Have I taunted you and Oscorp for acting like a medi looks like a mini man out of the box before? Yup! Too bad you only understand what little you want from reading.

Again, you're bringing medi into the Sideshow thread... surprise!

Cause problems? Stop being a jackass and maybe I wouldn't call you out on it, but good attempt to bring up all your stupid **** to deflect what you said.

:clap

And my comments on Boba Fett (as well as my in-depth, FAIR review of the SideShow Boba Fett) have been well-received by just about everyone but YOU.

Just further derailing, but since dip**** brought it up, here was my actual responses to his rev iew from the same thread we're commenting in now.
Boy, I was really unfair to him thanking him for the review and telling him how great his pics were, boy oh boy what a tyrant I was... :lol

Thanks for the complete run down Rubio. :clap

From the pics, the only thing I have to disagree with is the helmet. I think its looked gorgeous in every single pic I've seen. As someone else more observent than myself pointed out, the T visor angle is off and maybe thats what is giving you the "off" look at some angles, but I'm fairly critical (I think) and tbh I would have never noticed this, its probably a detail that people who have built their own Fett costumes notice.

Anyways, thank you for the time you've spent taking pics and for providing this review. :hi5:

You take crazy pics Rubio. They really do look like someone in their approved fett gear getting pro photos taken.

Again, both in this very thread, both unedited (except for me bolding a few items). Good job *******, too bad you don't have the balls to apologize, you're just pure mouth. :lecture

You replied to this post of mine in the medi thread, so you knew after seeing the SS version I was going to just but the Medi version, so you can't act like you missed the post. Hmmm... sounds like I was really bashing the medi Fett there. Have I bashed the medi ESB? Well if calling it out for its faults is bashing, yes.

I don't remember the poster, but there was someone on these boards that did alot of corrections to their (RotJ) medi and had a pretty decent one by the time they were done. I may end up going that route rather than wait for the SS RotJ ver.

I'm such a medi hater. :lol

Oh...and another post from the medi thread to Rubio, this was right after Rubio started posting medi Fett photos from his lightbox:
Pro shots, its amazing what you can achieve with the lightbox, looks really good, man. :clap

Wow, two different threads, two different compliments to your photographic capabilities as well as one compliment to your review style. Hmmm... Oh speaking of Medi Fett thread, heres how I went over there and told off OSCORP when he posted his last set of pics:
Super cool shot. Love the way his armor catches the light.

Whew, I just go nuts over there don't I?

Last edited:
No problem! Just don't say that you're making it 'screen-accurate', because you're not.

As for a less passionate response, due to the flaws of the sculpt, I'm not calling the ssc boba, modded or not, totally screen accurate :lol

When you can't recreate something, the mission turns to approximation - approximating what you see so as a whole it appears accurate, and is the main thing with ssc 1/6 figures, as they each have their niggles. (as does the tomy sculpt, so perhaps avoid it as well)

One way I did this was to flare the helmet more, which I believe needed to happen based off pictures, which coincided with my preferential look as well, I'd call it 'more screen accurate', but definitely not definitive :)

There's a lot of tension surrounding this figure, but I'm just doing to it what I did to a lot of others, trying to make it more accurate, and if you don't agree with some of my observations, that's ok, but I will defend them if I feel somebody is being arsey :wink1:

I wouldn't necessarily trust a dentedhelmet member, as not every suit from that site is as well observed as others, just following a bunch of ESB screen caps (image degradation and all) like a drone till I get the damn thing done to a point where I get 'Luke Pursues the Captives - Departure of Boba Fett' by John Williams playing in my head whenever I look at it :lol

1 thing though, I feel like some of us should just take a trip to the custom section and try and get a sculptor to sculpt the definitive fett helmet, for all the effort its causing us!

1 thing though, I feel like some of us should just take a trip to the custom section and try and get a sculptor to sculpt the definitive fett helmet, for all the effort its causing us!

That would be awesome, but is it humanly possible to make a fett helm that everyone will agree upon at every angle? :lol

As for a less passionate response, due to the flaws of the sculpt, I'm not calling the ssc boba, modded or not, totally screen accurate :lol

When you can't recreate something, the mission turns to approximation - approximating what you see so as a whole it appears accurate, and is the main thing with ssc 1/6 figures, as they each have their niggles. (as does the tomy sculpt, so perhaps avoid it as well)

One way I did this was to flare the helmet more, which I believe needed to happen based off pictures, which coincided with my preferential look as well, I'd call it 'more screen accurate', but definitely not definitive :)

There's a lot of tension surrounding this figure, but I'm just doing to it what I did to a lot of others, trying to make it more accurate, and if you don't agree with some of my observations, that's ok, but I will defend them if I feel somebody is being arsey :wink1:

I wouldn't necessarily trust a dentedhelmet member, as not every suit from that site is as well observed as others, just following a bunch of ESB screen caps (image degradation and all) like a drone till I get the damn thing done to a point where I get 'Luke Pursues the Captives - Departure of Boba Fett' by John Williams playing in my head whenever I look at it :lol

good point there ,sir! i agree with you,and i think instead of exchanging insults,we should rather tell SSC how we like to see boba in the next version.i dont think that fett's images from the movie are all lense disstortions,that's rather impossble.:nana:the helmet is certainly flared,not as much as some suggest,but clearly more than SSC 's fett.and no,the dented helmet guys dont always get it right.but even Lucas got it wrong sometimes,:lol
colorwise its very difficult to tell whats exactly right,because colors really vary because of different negatives and filters used while filming.but SSC was off with the green on the helmet for sure.
and maybe some first class customizer here can help as all and build the perfectly shaped and sized boba fett bucket.:yess:

That would be awesome, but is it humanly possible to make a fett helm that everyone will agree upon at every angle? :lol

Not humanly, cybernetic technology is set to converge with consumer sculpting demand and I believe we can have an impartial solution by 2025 that will probably just be Jango Fett's helmet due to some terrible mistake.

colorwise its very difficult to tell whats exactly right,because colors really vary because of different negatives and filters used while filming.

I've conceded to the fact I wont get the shade right lol, its diff in all my references, and too hard to get a for sure shade matched to what is documented and used at 1:1 with model paints, so I'm just aiming for close, but on the desaturated side possibly.

just bought a boba tomy helmet ,curious how it will look on the SSC boba fett

In a pic I saw in an eBay auction about a month ago, it looked pretty clearly too small for the out-of-the-box SSC Fett, but maybe it was just the camera lens distorting it.

20pvbc6.jpg

Tomy helmet with Sideshow rangefinder piece.

Can you post a pic where the body and helmet are more square-on (like helmet and body directly facing/looking at the camera)?

In a pic I saw in an eBay auction about a month ago, it looked pretty clearly too small for the out-of-the-box SSC Fett, but maybe it was just the camera lens distorting it.

Can you post a pic where the body and helmet are more square-on (like helmet and body directly facing/looking at the camera)?

That's a medi fett not ssc

Back