1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BF57465E-70DD-4A6C-AFA4-E29C650E42D8-3903-00000A586BA8B7F6.jpg

Sigh. No one's gonna like this, and I truly hate to contradict anyone, but that pic is not Jeremy Bulloch.

It's John Fass Morton, the actor who played the snowspeeder gunner, Dack.

https://www.bobafettmp.com/bobafett/bio/themen/themen.html

I'm sure they had very similar heights, but nonetheless, it's not Bulloch in the hallway scenes.

Rubio. You are correct. But this pic clearly is bulloch.
y8yvazam.jpg

He's also wearing a tall heel imperial officer boot which has about the same 2 inch heel that Lando's boots have. If you look at their shoulders and eye level you'll see Lando is a hair taller.

Nil. Those pics of mine were from Celebration 4 at the 501st banquet. Got to meet a lot of the greats and get really drunk with them. Jeremy, Julian Glover, David Prowse, Richard LeParmentier. And some prequel guys too like Jerome Blake who played Mas Ameeda and Alan Rusco who played Plo Koon. It was pretty friggin cool.
azypemy7.jpg
u5uryve2.jpg
uny6e2ur.jpg
3aqega7y.jpg
upagured.jpg

BF57465E-70DD-4A6C-AFA4-E29C650E42D8-3903-00000A586BA8B7F6.jpg

Sigh. No one's gonna like this, and I truly hate to contradict anyone, but that pic is not Jeremy Bulloch.

It's John Fass Morton, the actor who played the snowspeeder gunner, Dack.

https://www.bobafettmp.com/bobafett/bio/themen/themen.html

I'm sure they had very similar heights, but nonetheless, it's not Bulloch in the hallway scenes.

Nope, that makes sense. Thats actually good info to know, I love all the little side trivia of standins and reused actors and such, thanks for the link.

Nope, that makes sense. Thats actually good info to know, I love all the little side trivia of standins and reused actors and such, thanks for the link.

I love that kinda thing, as well. Considering that there were so many masks and costumes in the Star Wars movies, it's really hard to keep track of who played what part, when.

For example, Bob Anderson played Darth Vader in many of the lightsaber fight scenes. Most notably the swordplay in ESB. If you re-watch the scene that ends with Luke getting his hand cut off, you can see that David Prowse is NOT in the suit. Bob Anderson is a much smaller guy, and he looks absolutely TINY in those shots, especially with the gigantic Darth Vader helmet. Making the Medicom Darth Vader ABSOLUTELY to scale lol! (kidding, kidding)

Seriously, re-watch that scene with the volume turned down. You'll be traumatized.

Haaa!!! That's hilarious. I never noticed that. Wow. As big of a Star Wars nerd as I am and I didn't know something? I'm slipping dude. I guess you learn something everyday.

Nil. That is some funny ***** bro. I was thinking the same thing while posting that pic! LOL!!!

I love that kinda thing, as well. Considering that there were so many masks and costumes in the Star Wars movies, it's really hard to keep track of who played what part, when.

For example, Bob Anderson played Darth Vader in many of the lightsaber fight scenes. Most notably the swordplay in ESB. If you re-watch the scene that ends with Luke getting his hand cut off, you can see that David Prowse is NOT in the suit. Bob Anderson is a much smaller guy, and he looks absolutely TINY in those shots, especially with the gigantic Darth Vader helmet. Making the Medicom Darth Vader ABSOLUTELY to scale lol! (kidding, kidding)

Seriously, re-watch that scene with the volume turned down. You'll be traumatized.

:lol
The behind the scenes of the OT is definitely its own world within a world, I've said before I find some of the facts about pre production, production, and what happened post production as interesting as I find the movies.

Indeed, but it's still slightly taller than standard Medi. And also bulkier. It will look smallish on a normal TT indeed. But IMO the sculpt is great, and lots of folks have their SS on Slims, where IMO the SS sculpt looks too big on a slim.

Bulloch was a shorty, I like my Fett's height.

He's shorter than Lando with full gear.

SizeCompare4.jpg

Medicom next to a SS on a slim next to a stock SS that's very badly painted :lol. Almost no difference in size, excluding sculpting. Michael Crawford in his original review for Medi Fett stated Medi's helmet is on the large side, so it works for Slim TT's. As does Tomy's. The only reason Tomy's might appear SMALL on a sideshow Slim Fett is that the chest pieces are too big on SS's for a slim, and too small on the Medi for a slim, which is why I resculpted my Medi chest pieces to be inbetween. (I'm obsessed lolz :lol)

Which is why I hate all the Medi scale bashing because in this case, Medi is more in scale with Fett than Sideshows is next to Hot Toys figures for example. Height wise that is, he's still too scrawny though. Sideshow Fett is plainly too damn big.

Look at the pants, and you'll see mine is just as big as a normal TT slim.

:slap It's not bashing if you are just pointing it out, not putting it down! It's a fact that Medi figures - Threepio, Han, Boba, all of them - are a slightly smaller scale. It says so on the Medi sale pages on the SSC website.

The problem for me - and many others - is that the scale of figures I want to pose my Boba next to are more like the Boba on the right, i.e. a stock SSC figure. And if you compare the Medi on the left with that fig, it is too small. I have seen countless pics where a Medi fig - through futzing, modding, camera angle or whatever - appear to be in scale. I almost bought the Medi Threepio because of some of those pics. But in hand, the figs are not just shorter, they are "smaller" - their outfits and accessories are more petite overall.

I think your custom looks incredible, but if I that type of custom Boba will not be in scale with my group of SSC figs (I know, some people don't mind a 12" tall Vader next to a 12" tall Boba) - it's the reason I point it out.

The Boba in the middle - SSC on the slim - to me looks a little "pole driver" Boba. Like there all his elements have been vertically hammered/crunched down together, making his body foreshortened - making the vest look too long, the pants too "fat" etc.

Overall, the Medi is still the best Boba out there, but it just won't work for me - and many others - because of the scale issue, even with lots of mods. This issue keeps being raised because people keep saying "it's the right height" when it just isn't when placed next to SSC figs, which is THE company that produces the most SW figs.

And by the way, focus on the REAL man behind the armor, the face that I always imagined being behind that helmet since 1980, the man who fills out that armor plated vest better than any of 'em...

1324155179_resized.jpg

:slap It's not bashing if you are just pointing it out, not putting it down! It's a fact that Medi figures - Threepio, Han, Boba, all of them - are a slightly smaller scale. It says so on the Medi sale pages on the SSC website.

The problem for me - and many others - is that the scale of figures I want to pose my Boba next to are more like the Boba on the right, i.e. a stock SSC figure. And if you compare the Medi on the left with that fig, it is too small. I have seen countless pics where a Medi fig - through futzing, modding, camera angle or whatever - appear to be in scale. I almost bought the Medi Threepio because of some of those pics. But in hand, the figs are not just shorter, they are "smaller" - their outfits and accessories are more petite overall.

I think your custom looks incredible, but if I that type of custom Boba will not be in scale with my group of SSC figs (I know, some people don't mind a 12" tall Vader next to a 12" tall Boba) - it's the reason I point it out.

The Boba in the middle - SSC on the slim - to me looks a little "pole driver" Boba. Like there all his elements have been vertically hammered/crunched down together, making his body foreshortened - making the vest look too long, the pants too "fat" etc.

Overall, the Medi is still the best Boba out there, but it just won't work for me - and many others - because of the scale issue, even with lots of mods. This issue keeps being raised because people keep saying "it's the right height" when it just isn't when placed next to SSC figs, which is THE company that produces the most SW figs.

And by the way, focus on the REAL man behind the armor, the face that I always imagined being behind that helmet since 1980, the man who fills out that armor plated vest better than any of 'em...

1324155179_resized.jpg

I guess my Fett is in scale with the moment he talks to vader and says hes no good to me dead. :lol

SizeCompare4.jpg

Medicom next to a SS on a slim next to a stock SS that's very badly painted :lol.

People may bash Medicom's scale issues, but usually there is a common courtesy that is reserved for customs made by other board members.

Sorry my custom isn't up to your Medicom standards, you egotistical prick.

People may bash Medicom's scale issues, but usually there is a common courtesy that is reserved for customs made by other board members.

No means to hurt your feelings man. But your choice of colours is just strange to my eyes. Only used this pic to show heights is all. I mean. As long as you're happy with it it's fine right? But I'm entitled to my opinion and in my opinion that doesn't look good. Can't handle criticism, don't post it.

But sorry for bashing you. Wasn't meant like that.

Last edited:
Nil. That is some funny ***** bro. I was thinking the same thing while posting that pic! LOL!!!

I kept thinking he looks familiar, now I know why, he looks alot like Tim Credeur from the UFC. Who is this guy? Someone from the movies or a friend of yours?

No means to hurt your feelings man. But your choice of colours is just strange to my eyes. Only used this pic to show heights is all. I mean. As long as you're happy with it it's fine right? But I'm entitled to my opinion and in my opinion that doesn't look good. Can't handle criticism, don't post it.

But sorry for bashing you. Wasn't meant like that.

I think if I remember that pic correctly, the colors were based off of a 3.75" action figure Fett. :dunno

Nil. That's Alan Ruscoe. The man behind Plo Koon, Bib Fortuna, and Daultay Dofine in episode 1. He was also Lott Dod in episode 2 and Mangalore Kino in the Fifth Element. Mostly roles behind masks and makeup.

That's Don Bies. The mastermind behind getting remote controlled R2 to work.
evymu6u7.jpg

I recognize him from the behind the scenes stuff from episode 1. Wow. He was in the fett suit for the ROTJ special edition work? Awesome.

Cut him some slack. He's the self proclaimed King of Awesome, and we humor him concerning his Boba obsession...

I think if I remember that pic correctly, the colors were based off of a 3.75" action figure Fett. :dunno

Yes, that was the concept behind his color scheme, Vintage Kenner meets modern SSC. It was a cool concept.

Nil. That's Alan Ruscoe. The man behind Plo Koon, Bib Fortuna, and Daultay Dofine in episode 1. He was also Lott Dod in episode 2 and Mangalore Kino in the Fifth Element. Mostly roles behind masks and makeup.

That's Don Bies. The mastermind behind getting remote controlled R2 to work.
evymu6u7.jpg

I recognize him from the behind the scenes stuff from episode 1. Wow. He was in the fett suit for the ROTJ special edition work? Awesome.

That pic of Bies just sort of sticks a pin in the Boba mystique. And he plays "ladykiller" Boba...

And Don Bies only worked on the Special Editions and Prequels. He had nothing to do with R2D2 in any of the original trilogy films - remote control or otherwise.

Back