12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because it's completely contrived. It was never ever even once hinted at before that Anakin would have an apprentice. Not in the zillions of EU books and comics... and certainly not in the films. What's more, everything about Anakin and his relationship with Obi-Wan and the Jedi Council would point to the opposite of them allowing him to mentor a Padawan of his own.

Clearly, this was just some "wild hair" idea that was made up just to add more "oomph" to the new animated CW. It doesn't fit in at all with what's come before, and that's what is rightfully bugging people.

Legitimate complaint, and i can see where you're comming fro now :)
Don't nessacaraly agree with it, I'll reserve my judgement till i see how it all plays out personaly. If it seems trite and contrived on the big screen, THEN I'll hate it. But I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt till it's out.

You guys are all acting like an order of priests calling BLASPHEMY and ready to burn the witch. Wait till you see it. Maybe it'll suck, maybe it won't. If it does work who cares about continuity. If you are looking for continuity in Star Wars you are in for a hard row to hoe.

But at least see it first before you decide it sucks.

Because it's completely contrived. It was never ever even once hinted at before that Anakin would have an apprentice. Not in the zillions of EU books and comics... and certainly not in the films. What's more, everything about Anakin and his relationship with Obi-Wan and the Jedi Council would point to the opposite of them allowing him to mentor a Padawan of his own.

Clearly, this was just some "wild hair" idea that was made up just to add more "oomph" to the new animated CW. It doesn't fit in at all with what's come before, and that's what is rightfully bugging people.
:lecture

Sad but true.

I hope the live action series rocks!(and i hope i'm surprised by the animated,but it's lookin kinda bleak)

That's true Wolverine was never a Jedi Master so I see how this works now...:confused:

Its like this, Wolverine was paired with Kitty to show a more human side to him instead of just the 'psycho killer' and to try and bring a younger audience to the comics.

Anakin is being paired with Shaak Ti Jr there to bring a more human side to him and to appeal to a younger audience.

Batman had Robin for the younger appeal.

Superman, then you had Superboy stories to appeal to younger audiences.

Even Roy Rogers had Trigger.

OK you can ignore the last one...

Anyway, I meant, this is nothing new.

You guys are all acting like an order of priests calling BLASPHEMY and ready to burn the witch. Wait till you see it. Maybe it'll suck, maybe it won't. If it does work who cares about continuity. If you are looking for continuity in Star Wars you are in for a hard row to hoe. But at least see it first before you decide it sucks.

BLASPHEMY.

Its like this, Wolverine was paired with Kitty to show a more human side to him instead of just the 'psycho killer' and to try and bring a younger audience to the comics.

Makes sense although I have a feeling that Shaak Ti junior isn't aimed at the younger audience.....

At least we know Anakin won't kill her.....

2175_press03-001.jpg

obibsv1.jpg

obibsv2.jpg

Thought this thread could use an image refresh, man I can't wait to own this figure :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

How tight do y'all reckon the belt is? I was just looking at my Gentle Giant statue and noticed that it looks like the tabbards (or whatever they are called) are pinched or something under the belt, but in this one their more spread out (if that makes any sense at all). I think the GG one looks better, but I figure its just a matter of futzing.

Oh, and I just noticed (and maybe this is all old news, I wasn't able to keep up with the whole thread) but looks like his AOTC saber.

It should be his AOTC saber to match the part of Clone Wars this figure is based on.

On that note though, I think it'd be a neat element to see both Obi-Wan losing his AOTC saber in the new series, as well as constructing his new one.

2175_press03-001.jpg

obibsv1.jpg

obibsv2.jpg

Thought this thread could use an image refresh, man I can't wait to own this figure :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

After looking at it more clearly...I really don't see Ewan McGregor as much as I thought I did. The eyes look a little too squinty and if you can't get the eyes down then it can pick apart the rest of sculpt. I'm not trying to re-open a can of worms here because even though I don't see McGregor as much as I thought before, I do see Obi-Wan Kenobi! And that's good enough for me. :rock

Oh man I really hope Sideshow paints the eyes straight on...we don't need this plague of the "lazy-eyes" wandering into the 12'' figure line like it did with Padme (coming from the AH! Comiquettes of course).

Gotcha. I never paid that close of attention so I didn't know which one he used. I can't remember exactly how he lost it, so its always possible he retrieved it after the battle was over.

Gotcha. I never paid that close of attention so I didn't know which one he used. I can't remember exactly how he lost it, so its always possible he retrieved it after the battle was over.

Well unless it's detailed in the EU material, he didn't lose it, it was just confescated when the Geonosians arrested him.

So it makes sense that he was able to get it back. I really need to watch the movies again, its been too long, I'm forgetting too much.

It's Star Wars, it doesn't have to make sense. Like I said, Tartakovsky and crew may have done it for ease of drawing as much as anything.

It's Star Wars, it doesn't have to make sense. Like I said, Tartakovsky and crew may have done it for ease of drawing as much as anything.

True! Also might have been that they didn't know what his ROTS saber would look like.

And who's to say he didn't have another just like it? :D A matched set, kinda like twin Walker Colts. :rock But he only carried one at a time, because someone told him that using two sabers makes it seem like he's compensating for something... :monkey3

Ugh. Tired. Going to bed. :eek:

True! Also might have been that they didn't know what his ROTS saber would look like.

That could be it too. It's been so long, I can't remember how much of ROTS was known when CW started, by the second half of Volume 1 they knew of Grievous.

Back