12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also mentioned this when I first posted about the loose joints. Mine also holds good poses.

Was told today that my order should ship by tomorrow at the latest. Was told that shiping was short staffed and they had a big promotion last week
which is why not many made it out last week.

Anyhow its gopod news becuase I don't want to have to call them again.
But I'll call Weds again if it doesn't go out.

If all goes well I should have it by Thursday. :)

I am curious to hear more reports about this.

It holds it's poses but the joints are loose. Without a stand, this puppy will take a dive.

I think this figure looks great. I give SSC a A+ on its appearance. The head sculpt is amazing!

That being said, I'm not impressed by the quality of it at all. The armor, while being hard cast plastic, seems cheap and fragile. Much like the Hot toys Robocop plastic. The kind that turns white when it gets bent. Remarkedly, the hand pegs are made out of the same junk. My big force wield hand peg broke off right out the package. Clean snap as I pulled it out the blister. It twisted a bit and that's where it stayed.:monkey2 I expected it to be head and shoulders over the Medi stuff...I guess I expected too much. They took three years to develop this and IMHO, Medi's is still better. The armor is just too clunky on the figure. It moves around too much for my taste. Those cankles...oh those cankles are annoying.

The last big disappointment is the body suit. While allowing for greater movement than the Medi one (a plus for SSC), the body suit lines are printed on the pleather body suit. Medi's sewed lines look much better and adds a sense of better quality too.

Not a bad figure to own, but for the wait and considering that they had someone do it first, they could have delivered much more. I guess that's why Medi's are +$150 bucks and SSC's was $90.:rolleyes:

Edit: I would like to clarify something...this figure looks VERY VERY Good. It has the Hot Toys influences. It can be put in some truely dynamic poses. It just comes across as being cheaply made. I liken it to the Gundam figures. I had always liked the look of those things. One day about 8 years back, TRU started carrying the small kits. I was like COOL! I really wanted to put one together and check it out. Now the $15 price tag was a bit steep considering this was back in the day when the $4 action figure was king! So with some trepidation, I bought it. Got it home and discovered it was made of light weight brittle model plastic...for fifteen bucks! It was a BIG disappointment cause it seemed very cheap. And that's what ole Clone Obi feels like, a cheap model kit...but it looks outstanding.

Last edited:
Mine is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, but from the pics I've seen, the brown on the belt bothers me. I'm still confused on whether or not the brown was intentional or a factory error that happened through the production process. I've heard some folks say that it looks more like glue residue mixed with the color of the brown fabric. Some have been able to get it off with rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip. I wish Sideshow would address whether or not it was intentional as I don't like to alter any of my figures from the way they were intended to be. However, if this was a factory error, I'm more likely to try to correct it myself.

The armor is just too clunky on the figure. It moves around too much for my taste. Those cankles...oh those cankles are annoying.

That is what I'm finding the most annoying the ankles are terrible and although cotton helps the armor on the legs flop around when there is a breeze.

Medicom's calf armor to shoe not only looks better but functions with more support.

Mine is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, but from the pics I've seen, the brown on the belt bothers me. I'm still confused on whether or not the brown was intentional or a factory error that happened through the production process. I've heard some folks say that it looks more like glue residue mixed with the color of the brown fabric. Some have been able to get it off with rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip. I wish Sideshow would address whether or not it was intentional as I don't like to alter any of my figures from the way they were intended to be. However, if this was a factory error, I'm more likely to try to correct it myself.

I don't think it's intentional. When Obi is in the box there is thin plastic tied around the belt. I'm pretty sure after the belt is glued and put in the package by the factory it has not fully cured then the chemical has an interaction with the fabric on the robe. Like I said earlier this can be fixed, but it does take a little elbow grease to remove and looks mucho better after.

That is what I'm finding the most annoying the ankles are terrible and although cotton helps the armor on the legs flop around when there is a breeze.

Medicom's calf armor to shoe not only looks better but functions with more support.

I don't think it's intentional. When Obi is in the box there is thin plastic tied around the belt. I'm pretty sure after the belt is glued and put in the package by the factory it has not fully cured then the chemical has an interaction with the fabric on the robe. Like I said earlier this can be fixed, but it does take a little elbow grease to remove and looks mucho better after.

Forgot about that belt...that stood out as odd when I first opened it.

Taking the brown off with alcohol doesn't harm the finish or any seal on the belt does it? Just want to be sure it doesn't take the finish off and make it dull. As I said, I've never altered any of my figures before, so I'm a little apprehensive. I've always wanted to use the water treatment on my figures robes and tunics because I like they way they look when I've seen pics of others who have done it, but I've always been too scared to try it. I'm always afraid dyes from the fabrics and leathers could bleed onto each other.

I understand about being apprehensive. These are not cheap figures, but using rubbing alcohol didn't appear to harm the finish. Water alone will not remove it and even with rubbing alcohol you have to really work it...I would say it's safe. I tried on the back of the belt first to test. At least the residue is not on the actual belt but the belt boxes.

As far as water treatment goes. I use it on all my figs. I use a little squirt bottle instead of running the fig under a water spout (you will have more control with a bottle.

Word of caution though.

Do not get water on leather items such as Jedi belts, for they will bleed onto the fabric. If your careful you will have amazing results especially on the robes.

Just got an email from SS, seems like my waitlist wont convert.

Date: October 9, 2008
Subject: Regarding your Obi-Wan Kenobi: General – Clone Wars – Exclusive (#21751) wait list reservation.

Dear Star Wars Collector,

We wanted to take this opportunity to e-mail you about your Wait List Reservation for the Obi-Wan Kenobi: General – Clone Wars – Exclusive (#21751.)

At this time, very few items have become available to the wait list through cancellations and credit card declines. However, we will continue to keep this list open in the hopes that stock may become available.

Don't give up hope just yet...I got an email like that months ago which was pretty much the same...they didn't expect to be able to fill my waitlist.

It converted like two weeks later :)

I am still waiting though...no shipping notice for me yet, but mine converted in July or August I think.

I just got mine today! Weird since I live in Hawaii I usually get mine months after continental mainland collectors.

Any ways, overall its a great figure. The joints seem a bit on the loose side but have smooth action and they hold poses very well. It feels similar to the Volks neo guy body.

The armor detail is amazing! Although I could not figure out how to remove it to expose the body. Looks like SS glued the armor togeather. I'm too chicken to go any farther I'll wait till someone figures it out.

I am very perplexed. I live in California and my order status doesn't even say Shipping Soon.

Sometimes orders get inadvertently skipped. I've had to call once or twice to see why the status hadn't changed, and that's been the answer.

If that ever happened to me....
Guillotine_smiley.gif
. I'm kidding.... or am I? :D

That's very nice with the helmet...I wish he had one to start with...

I guess no one would buy the regular clone trooper then...

Still waiting for SSC to ship mine. Its been a week now since I was preauthed so last night a bought an exclusive of a trusted dealer for a few bucks more than what I would pay through SSC and I should have it Thursday.

I still may wind up with 2 exclusives and if I do I'll pick the one I like the most and then either return one to SSC or sell it here.
Just depends on when SSC ships it out . If I have my fig Thursday and SSC still hasn't shipped mine I'll cancel it . Of course it will probably ship out tonight.:rolleyes:

The belt looks white and clean in the pics on Sideshow, but they're still labeled as "prototype", so Sideshow could claim the brown is intentional weathering for the finished product.

Don't they normally update those pictures by now to show the final maunufactured piece?

Back