12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed...I'm also interested to hear :)

The helmet is actually from a lolly pop candy that came out a couple of years ago. For the life of me I cant seem to recall the brand name. But as you can see its a great fit for 1/6. The whole helmet is split down the sides that make two halves that snap togeather. With some trimming it could fit over a 1/6 scale head. Thats the simplest kit bash that I ever did!:chew

The helmet is actually from a lolly pop candy that came out a couple of years ago. For the life of me I cant seem to recall the brand name. But as you can see its a great fit for 1/6. The whole helmet is split down the sides that make two halves that snap togeather. With some trimming it could fit over a 1/6 scale head. Thats the simplest kit bash that I ever did!:chew

Oops...did I say Medicom?:duh

A lolipop? I wonder if the 12" Clone Trooper Pez dispenser would work?:
giant_pez_CloneTrooper.jpg

Yeah it came out during AOTC, I had Darth, Jango, Clone & Stormtrooper & I remember thinking it would make a great figure helmet, but there where no good 1/6 figures around at the time. The clone & Jango where the best, darth was mildly better then Hasbro's and the Stormie looked a bit weird but better then Hasbros

more accurate than Sideshow's lol

weird

Even a PEZ dispenser is accurate!

:rotfl

I thought it looked familiar. For some reason the back section of mine turned yellow.

Even a PEZ dispenser is accurate!

:rotfl

Uh...bro? Didn't Shattered Dreams just school you in the other thread? So now you sneak off and whine about it here?:

I've seen the photos that the artists used and it looks the same. I don't know what to tell you people about the helmet. We have a picture of the trooper by itself, we made it exactly like the piture sent it in to LFL and it was approved. That's it no big conspiracy or anything.
Yes, your all wrong and we are right - move along please:D

BTW, I found a guy on eBay who tried to sell a whole box of those sucker heads (there's also Vader, Anakin, Jango) but they didn't sell. I sent him a message seeing if he'd be interested in just selling one or all of the clones.

Would any of you guys be interested in splitting the cost if I get an offer back from him? He started the bidding at $29.99 and it went unsold, so I don't think it'd be too costly.

BTW, I found a guy on eBay who tried to sell a whole box of those sucker heads (there's also Vader, Anakin, Jango) but they didn't sell. I sent him a message seeing if he'd be interested in just selling one or all of the clones.

Would any of you guys be interested in splitting the cost if I get an offer back from him? He started the bidding at $29.99 and it went unsold, so I don't think it'd be too costly.

I saw that too. The auction ended Oct. 8th. See if he'll still take the $30. I'm in for half if he does.

It holds it's poses but the joints are loose. Without a stand, this puppy will take a dive.

I think this figure looks great. I give SSC a A+ on its appearance. The head sculpt is amazing!

That being said, I'm not impressed by the quality of it at all. The armor, while being hard cast plastic, seems cheap and fragile. Much like the Hot toys Robocop plastic. The kind that turns white when it gets bent. Remarkedly, the hand pegs are made out of the same junk. My big force wield hand peg broke off right out the package. Clean snap as I pulled it out the blister. It twisted a bit and that's where it stayed.:monkey2 I expected it to be head and shoulders over the Medi stuff...I guess I expected too much. They took three years to develop this and IMHO, Medi's is still better. The armor is just too clunky on the figure. It moves around too much for my taste. Those cankles...oh those cankles are annoying.

The last big disappointment is the body suit. While allowing for greater movement than the Medi one (a plus for SSC), the body suit lines are printed on the pleather body suit. Medi's sewed lines look much better and adds a sense of better quality too.

Not a bad figure to own, but for the wait and considering that they had someone do it first, they could have delivered much more. I guess that's why Medi's are +$150 bucks and SSC's was $90.:rolleyes:

Edit: I would like to clarify something...this figure looks VERY VERY Good. It has the Hot Toys influences. It can be put in some truely dynamic poses. It just comes across as being cheaply made. I liken it to the Gundam figures. I had always liked the look of those things. One day about 8 years back, TRU started carrying the small kits. I was like COOL! I really wanted to put one together and check it out. Now the $15 price tag was a bit steep considering this was back in the day when the $4 action figure was king! So with some trepidation, I bought it. Got it home and discovered it was made of light weight brittle model plastic...for fifteen bucks! It was a BIG disappointment cause it seemed very cheap. And that's what ole Clone Obi feels like, a cheap model kit...but it looks outstanding.

I wonder if this is the quality standard for stormtrooper and utapau as well. If so I am likely to cancel the exclusive PO and get them cheaper down the line. frankly I am a bit disappointed how this is turning out.

I saw that too. The auction ended Oct. 8th. See if he'll still take the $30. I'm in for half if he does.

I'll let you know how it goes :duff They do appear to have a seam on the side... but doesn't seem to distracting and you could always putty, sand and paint if it really bugged you.

Back