12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine!
He came at 4:22pm on Thursday.
I was concerned when the shipping box appeared to be dented.
The top of the box was rounded and the figures box was snuggly shipped with only 1 sheet of bubble wrap. I thought my box was going to be messed up.
Luckily it wasn't.
I think SSC needs to work on their shipping better.
:chew

I got mine!
He came at 4:22pm on Thursday.
I was concerned when the shipping box appeared to be dented.
The top of the box was rounded and the figures box was snuggly shipped with only 1 sheet of bubble wrap. I thought my box was going to be messed up.
Luckily it wasn't.
I think SSC needs to work on their shipping better.
:chew

Mine was packed in the same method, similar to the Medicom figures I have received, usually my Sideshow figures have Styrofoam inserts. Oh well, I was expecting the worse, but the box is in great shape.

I'm dissappointingly excited right now. UPS says it should be here today, hasn't updated to say a different date, but the last message says arrival in MA at 1 am but at the main sort facility, nothing has it yet at the facility that drops it off, so I don't know if it's one of those cases where UPS is just sloppy and not updated yet, or if it's really still at the main hub and not out for delivery, should know shortly since delivery here is always at the same time. I really hope it comes today, otherwise I'll have to wait for Monday cuz it's coming to my office, but I really want him, very excited about this figure.

UPS is generally good about updating the Quantum View... but every so often there can be a pretty long lag in between. I would say unless you've recieved a different delivery date I'd still expect him to show up today.

i have to say i have had a LOT of Hot Toys and .. to me this looks like hot toys made the hole figure ... its ok ... but i see n\more hot toys in the figure than i do Sideshow

:duh

He wasn't in today's drop off, guess the UPS system just didn't update, Monday it is, oh well.

It's funny, but around here I would imagine most people have just as much anticipation for you to get your figure as they are to get theirs. Your pictures are like crack! :google Move further west! :lol

Sadly it would be next to impossible to make a suitable Utapao dio backdrop since the world was mostly empty space.

Maybe a rock wall...

i have to say i have had a LOT of Hot Toys and .. to me this looks like hot toys made the hole figure ... its ok ... but i see n\more hot toys in the figure than i do Sideshow

:duh

I think since HT are really the leader in 1/6 figures right now Sideshow is taking notice and learning from them. Sideshow made the figure (body made with HT) but I think the influence is very apparent. And I think we're gonna see it in a lot more figures coming out.

Ideally, I'd just shoot for Sideshow.

I know you shot for them once, but seriously, they need to hire you dude! Your skill with lighting and showing off the sculpts are IMO unmatched. Their photographer not only doesn't take the time with futzing the clothes, but also shoots them in a way that seems to hurt the overall appearance of the sculpt. I just think it makes sense to hire someone that gets people excited to buy their products.

It would be counter productive. People would expect the figures to show up looking like Sean's photos and cry foul even if there was a Kurgan font sized disclaimer.

It would be counter productive. People would expect the figures to show up looking like Sean's photos and cry foul even if there was a Kurgan font sized disclaimer!!!!!!.

:rock :rock :rock

oktoberkurganuarc.jpg

It would be counter productive. People would expect the figures to show up looking like Sean's photos and cry foul even if there was a Kurgan font sized disclaimer.

Exactly why any photos I did wouldn't be like my artsy stuff. When I have done stuff for them, there's a general guideline I have to follow for the main shots, but they've also let me do artsy stuff. Boba Fett and Jango Fett RAH shots came out nice I think, Maul RAH was a struggle having to present the figure as it was out of the box.

Could be. Still think if their was two sets of images: one set no photoshop allowed, just good lighting and clothes properly represented, another let Maulfan go crazy. It's always nice to be pleasantly surprised when in hand it looks better than the photos, but I also think they could sell more if they had better photos up of their products. Who knows.

Back