12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been tempted to just email them and see about parting one out. Or paying like $20 for the dressed figure and letting them keep the guns and death star plans.

Anyway back to Obi-Wan, gotta say it's looking like no loose joints here.

EDIT: And Obi Wan's saber will not fit in the saber clip from ROTS Obi Wan, just falls right out.

Last edited:
EDIT: And Obi Wan's saber will not fit in the saber clip from ROTS Obi Wan, just falls right out.

Does it have the clip on the saber and just isn't the same size as the ROTS belt clip or does it not even look like the part on the saber was made to attach to a belt clip?

Does it have the clip on the saber and just isn't the same size as the ROTS belt clip or does it not even look like the part on the saber was made to attach to a belt clip?

Both. The clip looks sculpted with a very small lip so it doesnt have enough to "clip" into the belt. It just sorta hangs there and then falls off at the slightest touch.

Both. The clip looks sculpted with a very small lip so it doesnt have enough to "clip" into the belt. It just sorta hangs there and then falls off at the slightest touch.

Interesting, I'd think for TPM and AOTC Obi-Wan figures, they'd have made this saber to serve that purpose, but sounds like they didn't go that far. Oh well.

Interesting, I'd think for TPM and AOTC Obi-Wan figures, they'd have made this saber to serve that purpose, but sounds like they didn't go that far. Oh well.

over all a super figure .... love his face and all but i dont like his feet ... to big i think

:banana :horror :whip

Just got mine today (glad they didn't wait for Gandolf to ship). I don't remember where I read it, but the body suit isn't black. It's brown with black stripes. The legs are a tad looser than I'd like but mine stands fine without the stand. As for the head, I was surprised to see that it's perfectly compatible with HT's TrueType. Now I'm pondering on whether or not to make an Obi Jedi Master from AOTC by kitting him out with parts from other Sideshow duplicates I own.

I wouldn't say that. The detail they put into the actual saber, and the fact that it actually HAS an unusable belt clip (nob) lends me to believe that we may very well have an Obi Padawan and/or Jedi Knight on the way!

I don't remember where I read it, but the body suit isn't black. It's brown with black stripes.

Utapau Trooper thread, I made a comment about the body suit for the trooper being same as Obi-Wan just black and someone responed that Obi-Wan's was black but for the neck part.

As for the head, I was surprised to see that it's perfectly compatible with HT's TrueType. Now I'm pondering on whether or not to make an Obi Jedi Master from AOTC by kitting him out with parts from other Sideshow duplicates I own.

I'll be doing this as a place holder until SSC makes one, or permanently if SSC never does.

I wouldn't say that. The detail they put into the actual saber, and the fact that it actually HAS an unusable belt clip (nob) lends me to believe that we may very well have an Obi Padawan and/or Jedi Knight on the way!

Well, I don't think the saber means they're not coming, but I do think it indicates that it could be awhile, otherwise I'm sure they'd have just done one hilt that serves the TPM/AOTC/CW purpose.

No, I specifically remember someone posting in this thread (no way I'm going back to find it) about Obi's suit being a black one.

Well, I don't think the saber means they're not coming, but I do think it indicates that it could be awhile, otherwise I'm sure they'd have just done one hilt that serves the TPM/AOTC/CW purpose.

Reread my last post. That's what I said. The hilt DOES serve that purpose, otherwise why even have the belt attachment as it's redundant for the armored Obi.

Reread my last post. That's what I said. The hilt DOES serve that purpose, otherwise why even have the belt attachment as it's redundant for the armored Obi.

Well did you see what Memnoch said, the clip doesn't look made to go into a belt clip, that's why I got baffled. They ought to reuse the same belt clip they've used on every Jedi, and the clip on this saber should fit in there but sounds like it's not even close, which would render this hilt useless for a TPM/AOTC figure without a bit of retooling.

Well did you see what Memnoch said, the clip doesn't look made to go into a belt clip, that's why I got baffled. They ought to reuse the same belt clip they've used on every Jedi, and the clip on this saber should fit in there but sounds like it's not even close, which would render this hilt useless for a TPM/AOTC figure without a bit of retooling.

Remember, the Padawan belt is slightly different from the Master belt. It's also smaller. So if the catch for it is smaller, and seeing as how the AOTC Obi still had the same saber, so he'd have the same catch, it'll work just peachy!

Just got him all set up. I'm actually a little let down by this figure. I don't see what all the joy is about honestly. I'm a little worried now about Vader, Stormies, and Clones. He's way too full of issues to get that excited over. :(

Just got him all set up. I'm actually a little let down by this figure. I don't see what all the joy is about honestly. I'm a little worried now about Vader, Stormies, and Clones. He's way too full of issues to get that excited over. :(

What let's you down so much Josh???

The more I fidget with him, the more I'm realizing, I don't really care about the looser joints. It's the leg armor that's bugging. I'm thinking about maybe taking some velcro and sticking it down the armor to keep it in place on the legs.

So what are the issues? This is a review I'm eager to read.

Back