12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly it would be next to impossible to make a suitable Utapao dio backdrop since the world was mostly empty space.

Maybe a rock wall...

Well? You could always take a screen shot of the Republic Gunship offloading the troopers like Sideshow used for theirs, blow it up for the backdrop and use a rock-like base. Then pose your figures in front of it.

I agree that it was on purpose... but I'm not that bothered by it in person so it'll stay for now.

I concur. In my opinion, it isn't as bad as it looked in the pictures other folks have posted. I may remove it later, but I'm going to keep it for now.

I wonder if they pre-made the Utapau Trooper belts in the same run as Kenobi so they got the weathering, but because their armor has the legion paint scheme, the rest of him came out clean from a different factory.

The weathering on the belt is really not that noticeable in person. I'm going to get some rubbing alcohol today and clean it up as I want it to look as white as the rest of the armor. Is rubbing alcohol what I should use to get it off? I don't want to damage it!

Just got/opened mine. The legs are pretty loose as most have stated which is a bummer, but I'm more disappointed in his left arm being really loose. The shoulder is so loose I can't even get the arm to stay up very high. Awesome looking figure, but bummed as an initial reaction.

The weathering on the belt is really not that noticeable in person. I'm going to get some rubbing alcohol today and clean it up as I want it to look as white as the rest of the armor. Is rubbing alcohol what I should use to get it off? I don't want to damage it!

Here is what orbitingx said to me about using rubbing alcohol in an earlier post. I was apprehensive about trying to get it off also because I was scared it would harm the finish. I'll probably try this later, but let us all know how it works for you.

I understand about being apprehensive. These are not cheap figures, but using rubbing alcohol didn't appear to harm the finish. Water alone will not remove it and even with rubbing alcohol you have to really work it...I would say it's safe. I tried on the back of the belt first to test. At least the residue is not on the actual belt but the belt boxes.

got him today and i love him. no loose joints really. they arent super tight but they arent flopping around either. all the joints have the same looseness. the only thing i dont like is the lack of a saber clip on the belt (unless i'm missing it), and the fact that his shoulder armor pushes the arms back down. really like how easy it is to swap hands. id post some pics but my photobucket isnt letting me upload any. i click upload and choose the pics and then nothing happens. any ideas?:dunno

I scored a exclusive version on ebay for $115 minus $34.50 (after I get that MS cash back) after shipping and the wait for the cash back it:rock costs me $91.

I received mine today. Overall, he is a good figure. The head portrait's paint application reminds me of Hot Toys and gets an A+. But for the price, I would have liked to see them use a higher grade plastic for the armor that is whiter and glossier. This current armor is more of an egg shell white. When I was adjusting the lower leg armor, it felt like it may break easily. Also, now this is perhaps accurate to the clone design, but the lower leg armor appears to be a bit oversized near the ankle.

I received mine today. Overall, he is a good figure. The head portrait's paint application reminds me of Hot Toys and gets an A+. But for the price, I would have liked to see them use a higher grade plastic for the armor that is whiter and glossier. This current armor is more of an egg shell white. When I was adjusting the lower leg armor, it felt like it may break easily. Also, now this is perhaps accurate to the clone design, but the lower leg armor appears to be a bit oversized near the ankle.

Its oversized.

just got home and opened up mine. the legs are a LITTLE loose, but it's not so bad that he needs a stand to stand. he stand, kneels etc just fine.

I am really glad that MOST everyone is so stoked about this figure. And to know that so many do not have loose joints is a comfort as well. Mine are a little loose, but they work plenty well enough. I had high hopes for this figure and it appears to be shining.

Mine's a bit of a bust. :( Impossible to raise the arms to shoulder height, let alone higher for the more dynamic poses I was looking to get out of this.

The sculpt, as noted by everyone else, is first-rate, and the paint is great as well. But the body isn't what I'd hoped for, I'm afraid. I'd send it back to the retailer for a replacement, but I'm not sure after reading other reviews that any replacement would be any better. So at this point, I'm undecided as to what I should do. I mean, the sculpt alone is about enough to call it a keeper, even if the poseability doesn't live up to my expectations.

As another plus, I love the fabric of the cape. It seems thinner than the previous fabric used on the Jedi robes, and drapes nicely over the body for such a small scale. They've stumbled upon something good with that, at least.

Back