12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No proof it'll happen, but it would only make sense to want these new bodies to be top notch. If they went to the lengths to make a new body, surely they'll want it to be the best they can.

Since Hot Toys helped develop this body, my guess is the issues come in the production phase and that's what'll need to be worked on. Hot Toys production bodies are tight, I'm sure the proto armor body was just as nice, but now something needs to be done at a factory level to make the thousands of figures come out with bodies as solid as the proto.

I agree MF...it would only make sense. It would also only make sense that they would come out the gate with this problem solved! And not have it be a hit or miss, as it seems. I've yet to read anyone saying their joints were "tight"...just not loose, if you know what I mean.

I too believe that this is a production issue, but one that has plagued SSC for far too long. This should not be an issue with their first three figs on this new body right from the start. And if there were problems, and obviously there are, they should have corrected it with the Hobbits and Obi should have shined like a new Caddy! Should have been just as good as Hot Toys production quality or better. My guess (and this is only a guess) is that maybe the cost of the HT figs represents there effort to manf. higher quality figs and SSC is lower in cost cause they don't. Now what I mean is that HT pays more production cost in order to ensure a higher level of quality control and passes that cost on to the consumer. Perhaps SSC is not paying for that level of service, hence the price difference and the hit or miss batting average they have with their joints.

I agree MF...it would only make sense. It would also only make sense that they would come out the gate with this problem solved! And not have it be a hit or miss, as it seems. I've yet to read anyone saying their joints were "tight"...just not loose, if you know what I mean.

I too believe that this is a production issue, but one that has plagued SSC for far too long. This should not be an issue with their first three figs on this new body right from the start. And if there were problems, and obviously there are, they should have corrected it with the Hobbits and Obi should have shined like a new Caddy! Should have been just as good as Hot Toys production quality or better. My guess (and this is only a guess) is that maybe the cost of the HT figs represents there effort to manf. higher quality figs and SSC is lower in cost cause they don't. Now what I mean is that HT pays more production cost in order to ensure a higher level of quality control and passes that cost on to the consumer. Perhaps SSC is not paying for that level of service, hence the price difference and the hit or miss batting average they have with their joints.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Popped off the head from my second obi and the neck went with it. Was a pain trying to get another heck in there but I finally got it after some time. Used an extra head that I had laying around and to me it looks pretty good.

PICT0259.jpg

PICT0261.jpg

FINALLY got mine today! EXCELLENT SIDESHOW! Except that mine also has a loose right shoulder, so Obi-Wan can't raise his arm to talk to the hologram or lift his saber. I'm going to try and get at that shoulder to see if I can tighten it somehow. I usually use the tricky super glue technique. (You CAREFULLY put a drop or two of superglue in the joint and KEEP MOVING IT until it gums up, making it tight.) If you don't keep moving the joint it will obviously bond and become unmovable. Try at your own peril! It works well though.

Just wondering...how are people getting the belt off?

I took the little cylinder off then pulled out the tabs holding it in place. But since I was replacing it with a jedi belt, I didn't put it back on so I don't know if I messed it up or not. But it didn't seem like anything was broken so I doubt it.

I took the little cylinder off then pulled out the tabs holding it in place. But since I was replacing it with a jedi belt, I didn't put it back on so I don't know if I messed it up or not. But it didn't seem like anything was broken so I doubt it.

Same here. That was a miserable sucker to clean up though, wouldn't want to strip the weathering off another belt!

I did the same thing to get the robe off of my second obi for a clone custom. The belt somewhat holds on but the canister (the part that holds it closed the most) doesnt seem to wanna stay in place all to well.

Keep checking Toy Anxiety's website. They've been parting him out. I got the chest and abdomen sections from them.

Are these avalable anywhere in the UK yet? Forbidden planet (both sites) have him up for pre order, as do play.com

Take it he is still to be released in the UK?

Cheers

I bit the bullet and had a go at stripping him down.
Started by buying a few drinks but that didn't work so I went at the armour with a hairdryer and a craft knife. Not the most subtle approach, but the seams on the sides of the armour are hidden by his robes. A quick cut up the left side, popped his head off, then another blast with the hairdryer and the chest piece came straight off. rolled the body suit down around his waist and wrapped a small clear elastic band around the shoulder to tighten it up. Redressed him and now he can hold Cpt. Rex up to talk to him :)

Cheers,
Doug

Back