12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure is awesome, cool hand sculpts, great portrait, hair color is much lighter to my delight, armor seems really nice, as has been said the belt weathering really doesn't distinguish much in person from the rest of the armor. Got lucky I'd say with the body, while the leg and arm joints are much more free posing than I'd like and compared to a Hot Toys body, I wouldn't say they're loose either. For me a loose joint actually hurts the ability to hold a pose it's put in, so far he's hold the poses I've put him in, haven't gotten to extreme yet though. One thing I was nervous about and turne dout well, the bit on the Obi-Wan head where you can see neck actually lines up smaller than the collar on the armor suit, so it gives the appearance the suit is around his neck, great job there, some of the early photos gave the impression the neck may be at the same point or overlap the suit and show that it's a toy head. The head even turned out better than the Hobbits to me, no strange light catches where there's a shiny glistening in certain lighting, and all the fine detailing on the forehead and eyes of the sculpt still show nicely.

Yeah, I was happy to see that the neck joint is very well hidden on the figure. With the exception of the wrist joints they are all very well disguised.

This figure is a Hottoys creation, correct? If so, is he the same height/scale as Sideshows 12" scale figures?

No it's SS with assistance from Hot Toys on the body. And yes, he is the same height/scale as SS other 12". And he's one of SS's best. You should definitely pick him up if you don't have him.

There is nothing Hot Toys about this figure. They just borrowed Hot Toys idea of the head / neck attachment.

Well mine arrived today, but mine had a few hiccups. The left ankle pin has part of the tab split off, so the 'ball' won't stay together and poor Obi keeps losing his foot. Also had some problems with the lightsaber, but I sent Sideshow's customer service an email. They've been good in the past when I've had small problems with figures, so I'm hoping they'll take care of this as well.

My box also arrived with a pretty good dent from UPS. I included a suggestion that they go back to the old style 12" shippers, those were usually pretty solid.

I was surprised these didn't ship with the styrofoam end caps.

It was becuase of the size of the packaging , but they started to double box
figures in this size package earlier this year with Praji, Padme and ANH Leia I believe.

I know alot of it is cost cutting measures. I'm almost positive that Ki Adi Mundi, The Rebel Fleet Trooper, Storm Trooper , Capt. Antilles and the Utapau Clone will all ship in the same size box and in the same manner.

They will have to obvioulsy use a much bigger box for Vader and I'm not sure about Indy since he comes with so many accessories.

I hadn't ordered a figure in a while until Obi-wan. When did they start putting all the accessories on the same side as the figure?

This is the first non-exclusive (as in Domestic or SDCC/CIV related) where they are all in one tray, I believe.

Back