12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, i was on about the armor...but after removing the armor i was so disapointed....the body is useless, joints looser than...oh god, why is it no matter what i type here i end up with some form in inuendo!

Yeah, I found the body to be a bit looser than I'd like (forgiven though, as it's the first release of that new body) and too anorexic to utilize elsewhere. Unfortunately, the armor doesn't fit over the TT so it's kind of a dedicated body. I just used the superglue trick on the looser joints and that seemed to tighten them up a bit.

What does the shoulder design look like compared to the truetype? If the body was designed by Hot Toys, you would think it would not have joint problems. Not that Hot Toys is perfect, but I haven't come across a truetype with loose joints. But I guess it is not produced in the same factory Hot Toys uses and there could be a difference in assembly...?

What does the shoulder design look like compared to the truetype? If the body was designed by Hot Toys, you would think it would not have joint problems. Not that Hot Toys is perfect, but I haven't come across a truetype with loose joints. But I guess it is not produced in the same factory Hot Toys uses and there could be a difference in assembly...?

That's the key. I think structuraly SSC's new bodies are fine, it's just a matter of the production materials and process getting more solidified. My Indy's legs aren't too sturdy, but the upper body, aside from the neck, is fantastic and easily HT quality, and it sounds like Belloq was an improvement on some of the Indy issues, so it's probably a matter of nailing down a formula for production that turns out the best time and time again.

That's the key. I think structuraly SSC's new bodies are fine, it's just a matter of the production materials and process getting more solidified. My Indy's legs aren't too sturdy, but the upper body, aside from the neck, is fantastic and easily HT quality, and it sounds like Belloq was an improvement on some of the Indy issues, so it's probably a matter of nailing down a formula for production that turns out the best time and time again.

Except for the narrow shoulders and short stature, the Pro that the Harbinger came on is perfect. All the joints were tight and there wasn't any neck wobble. Well, the forearms came off a bit easy, but I think that's just the design as they snapped right into place without issue.

Even the TrueType can come apart, I was taking apart my AOTC Obi-Wan kitbash recently to pack away my Hasbro figures since the SSC one's around the corner, and the leg came out, same setup as pro, pins and such. I imagine in some ways it makes production easier building the individual pieces and snapping it all together after.

Even the TrueType can come apart, I was taking apart my AOTC Obi-Wan kitbash recently to pack away my Hasbro figures since the SSC one's around the corner, and the leg came out, same setup as pro, pins and such. I imagine in some ways it makes production easier building the individual pieces and snapping it all together after.

Yup! It's the ideal set-up for modular bodies! :lol

bbphantom,
How's this for too little, too late?
:)

Cheers,
Doug

I bit the bullet and had a go at stripping him down.
Started by buying a few drinks but that didn't work so I went at the armour with a hairdryer and a craft knife. Not the most subtle approach, but the seams on the sides of the armour are hidden by his robes. A quick cut up the left side, popped his head off, then another blast with the hairdryer and the chest piece came straight off. rolled the body suit down around his waist and wrapped a small clear elastic band around the shoulder to tighten it up. Redressed him and now he can hold Cpt. Rex up to talk to him :)

Cheers,
Doug

hey, is it at all possible to swap out obis head for a storm trooper helmet? I'm just curious if it's possible to make the figure fully armored with a little bash, if so, anyone have any pics?

Anyone's Obiwan have an extremely loose body? I went ahead and removed his armor to tighten his joints. I found they glued caps over all the screws so I can't tighten them. I can make his arms do the helicopter just by gently shaking him! The torso can't even stay up straight on its own. It falls forward or side-to-side. Watching the arms spin round and round is hilarious...in a very bad way.

Anyone's Obiwan have an extremely loose body? I went ahead and removed his armor to tighten his joints. I found they glued caps over all the screws so I can't tighten them. I can make his arms do the helicopter just by gently shaking him! The torso can't even stay up straight on its own. It falls forward or side-to-side. Watching the arms spin round and round is hilarious...in a very bad way.

mine's the same....oh n his arm has already dropped off.

Couldnt you just remove the caps?

A P!tu type video is a must! :lol

You've got to do it! :D

hey, is it at all possible to swap out obis head for a storm trooper helmet? I'm just curious if it's possible to make the figure fully armored with a little bash, if so, anyone have any pics?

IMG_0165.jpg

My body had some weakness in the legs, but the rest seems okay. Actually when I was packing him the other day the joints seemed tighter than I remembered. But the armor being too loose is still a problem. Guess I'll beef up the thighs a bit on him and the Stormtrooper to correct that.

Back