12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt this figure will be $$$. I'm just glad they didn't tease us. Instead, we were given the pics of the piece as soon as this one was announced!!! The anticipation would have been off the charts (not that it isn't already). :)

It would be awesome if he came with a helmet. I would pose him with it under his arm.

And did I read somewhere that the little clone hologram will actually attach to his wrist? That's super awesome too. My biggest disappointment with the exclusive Anakin is that the hologram Palpatine did not attach to the projector.

BTW, what should I do with my GG Ugly-Wan statue when I get this beautiful replacement?

They also answered my question:

A few more questions about General Kenobi: 1) Is Obi-Wan going to come with a Clone Trooper helmet? 2) Is there any cloth being used in the armor itself (the black areas)? 3) What kind of sticker shock can we expect to see with Obi-Wan during Friday’s PPO?

1) General Kenobi will not come with a helmet. 2) There is a brown cloth undersuit under the armor. (Stay tuned to our Production Blog for an entry that will show the armor pieces!) On that note, please understand that the armored pieces and undersuit are not meant to be removed from this figure. Attempting to remove the armor, especially the torso pieces, will cause damage, and you’ll have to invest in some glue to make repairs! 3) We believe that Star Wars collectors will find the price very fair, and reflects the artistry and development put into the piece, while simultaneously maintaining a very reasonable price point in the market.

Basically, Obi-Wan is going to be expensive :lol

Sucks about no helmet though. Was HIS undersuit brown in the cartoon? I don't know why there would be a brown undersuit instead of black otherwise.

That does suck about the helmet. Even though he'd look better without it, it would be nice to have him holding it. From that pricing statement I'm anticipating $100 or less. Thanks for the update on your questions.

Yup, thats why I'm going into work hella early so I can just keep on hitting refresh all morning. I'm gonna get my figures!!!

Hitting refresh will do nothing. The PPO page automatically takes over a few minutes before 10 PST and then auto refreshes every 30 seconds or so until 10 PST.

And did I read somewhere that the little clone hologram will actually attach to his wrist? That's super awesome too. My biggest disappointment with the exclusive Anakin is that the hologram Palpatine did not attach to the projector.

While there is some basis in that disappointment, since Anakin never communicated with Sidious that way, it would make no sense. In this instance, Obi-Wan includes a hologram he did communicate with and the location the hologram projects from is on his person, so kudos to them for doing such. Likewise, the Leia holo would have been more fitting with R2 and some projection beam to make it feel like it's coming from R2.

Yes it was and to answer your why statement, cartoon magic.

How could the Jedi suddenly jump almost a mile at once in CW cartoon?

Just how they do things.

It's also a little strange how Obi-Wan just happens to have a Jedi vest and cape to go over his Clone armor. Likely, he had a special suit just for him so instead of black he had brown under clothing to keep a Jedi look and the armor was just protective.

On that note, my favorite part of the Clone Wars was Mace using The Force to disassemble that super battle droid then launching all the metal components through the remaining droids. That was awesome!

On that note, my favorite part of the Clone Wars was Mace using The Force to disassemble that super battle droid then launching all the metal components through the remaining droids. That was awesome!

Yup, once the action picked up in the 2 part Mace segment of Volume 1, things were pretty sweet.

I don't mind how the CW cartoon was handled, I loved both volumes and look forward to the new series. I was just pointing out how it was filled with typical cartoon world liberties.

That is of course your opinion, and you're entitled to it no question of that.
I feel that that sculpt looks more like Ewan than I look like Bo Bice.
Bo_Bice-SGG-066436.jpg
1117907400_m.jpg

Bo will be performing at my club in a few weeks, and I'm already being bombarded with people wanting to get our pictures together. :crying:crying:crying
At least I'm bigger, lol.

Pretty close if you ask me. :monkey3 :D

Anyone getting upset about the 1/2 mm inaccuracies to ONE photo and saying that this looks nothing like Ewan, first, get your eyes checked.

Second, I think I know what is causing your poor eyesight. The good news is that all you need to do is find glasses and your vision will improve and your need for perfect toys will diminish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.... I get home and dive into writing a paper... never thought to check the site... But DAMN!!

What a figure! That is just astounding. I'm so excited for this, one of my favorite versions of Obi. And to make it even sweeter, you now have the Ep 2 Obi sculpt and the clone armor is molded...and NOT soft like the Medi figures. :D

so AOTC Obi and Clone Troopers (with solid armor) cannot be far behind. :rock

My favorite character of the SW saga gets ANOTHER badass Sideshow treatment. I'm so happy. :monkey2

What a figure! That is just astounding. I'm so excited for this, one of my favorite versions of Obi. And to make it even sweeter, you now have the Ep 2 Obi sculpt and the clone armor is molded... so AOTC Obi and Clone Troopers cannot be far behind. :rock

Do you think they'd just reuse this sculpt? At these prices, I kind of expect them to make a new head.

I almost hope they don't... Trevor NAILED that sculpt. I mean, it's perfect. No need to make another. They could just make it a con exclusive and hike up the edition size. :lol

I'm with you Josh. If I could draw out AOTC Obi-Wan being told, draw him as you'd like a 1/6 figure head to look, this portrait from Trevor would be damn close to my vision. There's so much room for variance with his hair from that film, but how Trev captured is a perfect representation, flattering to look at but totally true to the style Ewan had it in, and the rest of the face. I love it.

I'm with you Josh. If I could draw out AOTC Obi-Wan being told, draw him as you'd like a 1/6 figure head to look, this portrait from Trevor would be damn close to my vision. There's so much room for variance with his hair from that film, but how Trev captured is a perfect representation, flattering to look at but totally true to the style Ewan had it in, and the rest of the face. I love it.

Oh yeah, this is one of the BEST Trevor sculpts ever made. The subtle bits of facial character and the hair... :google

Dude outdid himself on this one. I was stunned when I saw it.. quite literally stunned. :lol

Back