12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, this is one of the BEST Trevor sculpts ever made. The subtle bits of facial character and the hair... :google

Dude outdid himself on this one. I was stunned when I saw it.. quite literally stunned. :lol

Can he PLEASE do the sculpt for Padawan Kenobi NOW? :)

This one is so outta the park!

Sad to admit, I actually like the AOTC Obi-Wan hairdo, when it was Ewan's own hair. I tried to grow my hair like that, but too many factors worked against me. My hair isn't as thick as McGreggor's so it didn't look the same, and after growing a full year, I don't think my hair got more than maybe 3, 4 inches long tops so I got pissed and shaved it all off.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

You actually tried to grow a mullet?

Do you think they'd just reuse this sculpt? At these prices, I kind of expect them to make a new head.

Best business practice for Sideshow would just be to re-use that headsculpt for an Ep. 2 Obi-Wan...as well as all the same pattern designs for the clothes. Though I have to admit I'm not familiar with the differences between the Ep. 2 Obi-Wan Jedi outfit and his Ep. 3 one...but I believe they were very similar. SSC would ultimately save much more money that way and can make a great profit off of a Ep. 2 Obi-Wan with reused materials...much like Hasbro does with practically all their Star Wars Infantry figures.

Of course they could also just very well make a new head sculpt...or maybe at least modify something on this one such as the hairstyle.

Reading the quotes on the SST/HT collaboration and seeing the Medicom interview just puts into perspective how frigging lucky we are to be collectors at this point in time!
Having these three companies partnering and collaborating is a dream come true. I think we only need NECA to jump on board as well and we're done!

107 pages? :google

Adding my own non-dramatic .02:

Wow. Just...wow. I passed on the last few- but if the price isn't absolutely insane, I will *have* to have this figure.

Man today is a good day. Got to see the Where the Wild Things Are vid before it was taken down, Got the CW Obi news, sold a couple of more pieces to make sure I can afford Ben J Grimm and got the Lohan New York Mag pics sent to me so my curiousness of what is under there is finally solved. TF time rocks.

I will be completely honest here and give my probably final unwanted opinion. Does this look like Ewan? Nope at least not to me. Does this look like a young Obi? Yep 100%. I don't know how to explain it. I love this figure. At the same time I don't understand how people can say that this looks like the actor. I really don't. :confused: I also know that fandom can get in the way. So I took a picture of what I thought is the ultimate Obi figure.

IMG_0178.jpg

Looks more like the actor to me but still not as good as I thought. I guess pictures tell the truth. Who knows? I like them all. Just thought that this one was better.

Man today is a good day. Got to see the Where the Wild Things Are vid before it was taken down, Got the CW Obi news, sold a couple of more pieces to make sure I can afford Ben J Grimm and got the Lohan New York Mag pics sent to me so my curiousness of what is under there is finally solved. TF time rocks.

Hell yeah!! What a day! I too enjoyed many of the same things... CW Obi and Lohan nudity. :rock

:lol

Hmmm....I can think of at least three things that would fall in the boob category that are better than this fig but it definitely ranks right underneath.

I thought it'd be a loooooong time before an SSC fig came along that made me like it more than Old Ben, ironically its this one sculpted by the same artist. Bring it on SSC.

Why did you buy the mag when the pics are free online?

Back