12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tsk, tsk, tsk... I'm so disappointed... so disappointed... :D

Well, I'll just come out with it. When I was growing up and could have seen the Indy films, my brother owned them, that type of movie held no appeal to me, I was mainly into Godzilla and Star Wars, not anything older times like Indy, and since I've wanted to see Indy, I haven't had a opportunity to watch any of them, I definitely mean to, but I'm an Indy virgin at the moment.

Well, I'll just come out with it. When I was growing up and could have seen the Indy films, my brother owned them, that type of movie held no appeal to me, I was mainly into Godzilla and Star Wars, not anything older times like Indy, and since I've wanted to see Indy, I haven't had a opportunity to watch any of them, I definitely mean to, but I'm an Indy virgin at the moment.

You've never seen ANY of the Indy films? Not even "Raiders"??

:google

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Heal thyself soon, my son!

:lol

Well, the Indy preorder was quick and painless. Even the $90 didn't seem like a lot because of the tailoring and the extra accessories. I hope Friday's PPO is just as easy...although it won't be...The last Obi-Wan PPO nearly shut down the system...I sense a great disturbance in Force.

For sure Sean, you HAVE to watch those films. They are all fantastic. :rock

As for the paint apps debate... :rolleyes:

I know, that's why I pre-ordered Sideshow's Indy figure this morning, I have a gut feeling I'll really like it. I think I'm just going to have to buy the DVD set on leap of faith. Worked out ok when I bought the first Pirates movie having not seen it. I'm a Harrison fan so I'm sure I'll like them, the trailer to the new movie looks very cool.

I'm in shock! Watch these movies now! Go man, go!

Wow. Don't have time to catch up on 31 pages of posts.

Anyway, this figure looks great!!!! And I really admire SSC for jumping on the Clone Wars in a timely fashion because usually they're products are years behind. So even though this figure's concept was introduced a few years ago, I still give them props for making it to coincide with the recreation of the series.

That said, with the price increase combined with the addition wanting to collect figures of the Indy line and maybe even GI JOE and maybe even POTC from Hot Toys, I'm not sure I want to swing for an EU figure.

Still slightly miffed about the exclusion of a helmet, but I can live without it as i'm sure more Clones will be on their way. Probably gonna fasion him a lance though. Hopefully there'll be a sweet SDCC Exclusive cause I plan to be there this year! I really can't wait for this figure!!!

ANH Leia also had good factory paint (better than the prototype, actually). And aside from the eyes, Bespin Luke also looked just like the prototype shown at SDCC as well.

It's pretty obvious that Sideshow has stepped up their game at the factory in regards to paint apps. Too late for figures like Anakin and ROTS Obi-Wan. BUt there can be no mistaking that the most recent figures have been of a higher-quality in that regard.

Leia did have her hands painted a different color than her head though. Bespin Luke has accessories that snap when you look at them the wrong way, and sometimes a hole in his outfit.
Hopefully this brand new body & armor won't have these manufacturing defects, nor will the armor shatter or break when some of these figures start taking shelf-dives.

Oh, this is a very nice way to unveil the armored body! I wasn't expecting it and it's always fun when Sideshow finds a way to surprise us.

Yesterday was a freak out session and fun!!

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/vtPk5IUbdH0&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

Hopefully this brand new body & armor won't have these manufacturing defects, nor will the armor shatter or break when some of these figures start taking shelf-dives.

Why would they be taking shelf-dives? Are you displaying them on the Medicom stands? :monkey3

Back