12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would they be taking shelf-dives? Are you displaying them on the Medicom stands? :monkey3

With 2 exceptions, I display mine with no stands, I don't like them. My Medicoms are well-balanced and pose easily, they don't need any unless I want Spidey clinging to a wall. The figures afflicted with the buck body take more time to work with, but I can get them to stand on their own. Shelf dives do occur, but the guys that do are now on the bottom:lol

Sorry if this has been addressed in the previous pages, but it sounds like from the video that the base body is new and specifically for armor figures which means its not the promepheus used for Indy (or however you spell it)?

Sorry if this has been addressed in the previous pages, but it sounds like from the video that the base body is new and specifically for armor figures which means its not the promepheus used for Indy (or however you spell it)?

Correct. It's ANOTHER new body.

Correct. It's ANOTHER new body.

Cool. I wonder what the differences are.

I'm hoping the promepheus is more anatomically detailed with muscles in the forearms, bicepts, etc and that the armored version has thinner arms that allow for posability while keeping the armor strong but from appearing too bulky.

Cool. I wonder what the differences are.

I'm hoping the promepheus is more anatomically detailed with muscles in the forearms, bicepts, etc and that the armored version has thinner arms that allow for posability while keeping the armor strong but from appearing too bulky.

That's pretty much a safe assumption, I'd think.

Leia did have her hands painted a different color than her head though. Bespin Luke has accessories that snap when you look at them the wrong way, and sometimes a hole in his outfit.
Hopefully this brand new body & armor won't have these manufacturing defects, nor will the armor shatter or break when some of these figures start taking shelf-dives.

It won't/shouldn't shatter. ABS is tough stuff. As the behind the scenes says, its the same stuff they make LEGO out of. I had my Collectors LEGO Star Destroyer make a 6 foot fall to the floor. While the model shattered, the pieces were all fine. Just don't go bashing General Kenobi with a Hammer, and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
It won't/shoulder shatter. ABS is tough stuff. As the behind the scenes says, its the same stuff they make LEGO out of. I had my Collectors LEGO Star Destroyer make a 6 foot fall to the floor. While the model shattered, the pieces were all fine. Just don't go bashing General Kenobi with a Hammer, and you'll be fine.

You should have filmed it, and edited it, with a massive explosion...

My cat had jumped on it. Who knew that Entire Star Destroyers could be taken out by 6 pound cats?

Do you know if this type of plastic is prone to yellowing like the Transformers G1 Jetfire or the paint on the GG Busts?

ABS is not as prone to yellowing, no.

That said, I would advise against displaying it anywhere it is directly contacted by sunlight for hours a day.

Hopefully the Forbidden Planet pricing will be indicative of the Obi-Wan PPO, and other armored characters to follow. Vader may be slightly more on a tall body, but He should be in this ballpark too.

Back