12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is $89.99 i think that will be a fantastic price but Forbiddan Planet prices are sometimes all over the place. Gandalf is also the same price.

I honestly don't think this will be under $100.00. I would like it to be. I just don't see it happening.

I honestly don't think this will be under $100.00. I would like it to be. I just don't see it happening.

With Indy being $90, rightly so, I'd expect this Obi-Wan to fall somewhere between $100-$120, which to me is a bargain when a typical Medicom trooper is about $150 now, without a detailed portrait and the extra costume bits, plus better made accessories and sturdier armor. Is it a comfortable price in general for collecting, no, but it's how the market is now, and weighing pieces against similar, it makes sense. Just complicates trying to build any sort of healthy sized collection around a specific property.

With Indy being $90, rightly so, I'd expect this Obi-Wan to fall somewhere between $100-$120, which to me is a bargain when a typical Medicom trooper is about $150 now, without a detailed portrait and the extra costume bits, plus better made accessories and sturdier armor. Is it a comfortable price in general for collecting, no, but it's how the market is now, and weighing pieces against similar, it makes sense. Just complicates trying to build any sort of healthy sized collection around a specific property.

I would like to quietly agree. :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl Sideshow ear muffs!

Yeah I think it is certainly worth $100 - $120. Heres to hoping for less though. :lol

I would like to quietly agree. :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl Sideshow ear muffs!

Yeah I think it is certainly worth $100 - $120. Heres to hoping for less though. :lol

Oh I definitely hope for less, my primary collecting property is Star Wars and I've yet to say no to an SSC figure because the price has been managable, but depending one where things go, I may have to grow selective, which I hope to avoid. I just always try to assume the worst that way I can only be relieved. Given the wording of SSC's comment regarding price, I'd be surprised if this figure was over $120, to me that starts falling outside of their words.

Looking at the forbidden planet price it looks like this will definately be below $100. There, I said it:monkey3

If it comes in under $100, I'll be blown away. That would make me very happy and bodes well for Vader not hitting the $150 mark, at least not a basic one without reveal helmet and all.

I have to say, I finally have another figure I'm super excited about. I love ANH Luke and Han, especially Han, but they don't give me the type of anticpation feeling like ROTS Obi-Wan, Maul, Jabba, Old Ben and the Palps set did, those ones were like dream figures for me. While I've had no prior feelings one way or another about Obi-Wan in the Clone armor from CW, I am loving everything about the way this figure looks from head to toe and I am sooo looking forward to it shipping.

i dont really care about the prequels that much but I am kinda interested in this figure the clone wars cartoon was the best of the lot IMHO

021408_newbody01.jpg

Is it a comfortable price in general for collecting, no, but it's how the market is now, and weighing pieces against similar, it makes sense. Just complicates trying to build any sort of healthy sized collection around a specific property.

Exactly how I feel. Compared to Medicom and Hot Toys its competitive pricing, but both of those companies don't exactly crank out 10+ figures per year for lines like SSC does with SW.

Again I ask, does the price increase plus the addition of Indy and GI Joe signal a slow down for the SW line?

Awesome, man I hope they release Prometheus by itself, if so, I'm totally getting one to replace my HT Jack Sparrow body out, those are much more natural, human looking shoulders. I don't get how HT can help with this body and it comes out good, and the shoulder on their newest body look like inhuman crap. :confused:

I don't get how HT can help with this body and it comes out good, and the shoulder on their newest body look like inhuman crap. :confused:

Not just the shoulders, but the hips, too. Fine unless the figure has tight pants. They also 'changed' that for the child body.

Again I ask, does the price increase plus the addition of Indy and GI Joe signal a slow down for the SW line?

That would be favorable actually. As many figures as I still want to see, if the prices are going to consistently be up in the $80-$100 range, it would be managable if the release rate slew down.

I will say, the wrist joints have me VERY afraid with these 2 new bodies, especially the armored body. The Prometheus wrists look like HT style with SSC pegs, but at least from what I saw with HT's wrists, this isn't much plastic. Unless the hands come out super soft, changing them will likely be impossible to do safely without heat. And the plastic looks sooo small on the wrists of the armor body. These bodies could inhibit my days of posing the hell out of figures and photographing them if the bodies turn out as fragile as they look like they could be.

That would be favorable actually. As many figures as I still want to see, if the prices are going to consistently be up in the $80-$100 range, it would be managable if the release rate slew down.

Same, if SS are going big into the 1/6 scale again i would'nt mind a slow down. 6-8 figures a year im happy with.

I will say, the wrist joints have me VERY afraid with these 2 new bodies, especially the armored body. The Prometheus wrists look like HT style with SSC pegs, but at least from what I saw with HT's wrists, this isn't much plastic. Unless the hands come out super soft, changing them will likely be impossible to do safely without heat. And the plastic looks sooo small on the wrists of the armor body. These bodies could inhibit my days of posing the hell out of figures and photographing them if the bodies turn out as fragile as they look like they could be.

Yeah, that's my worry as well.

Exactly how I feel. Compared to Medicom and Hot Toys its competitive pricing, but both of those companies don't exactly crank out 10+ figures per year for lines like SSC does with SW.

The part I don't get is why everyone assumes it HAS to be as expensive as Hot Toys and Medicom. When Sideshow and other US e-tailers sell these pieces they are paying both the huge licensing fee that the company paid, plus another licensing fee for the right to sell these ASIAN figures in the Americas. Sideshow does not have to pay that second fee. Also, I am willing to bet the edition sizes on the clones, stormies, etc. will dwarf the edition size of any Hot Toy or Medicom figure. Sure, they invested a lot into the body, but they are not stupid enough to try to make it all back on the first figure. There will be 3 or 4 other armor PPOs this year, I just know it. And, I wouldn't be shocked if they had 8,000 to 10,000 figure edition sizes (reg and ex. together) so they will definitely make their money. I am guesstimating 89.99 just like Indy.

Back