12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else notice that Obi's body suit looks very similar to a certain armored Sith's?

021808obi_04.jpg

Honestly if General Kenobi is $90 I will be stoked... sure its a lot of scratch, but that would basically mean that all armored would be that or even less. Since really tossing in a helmet and not a portrait and loosing the cloth bits might actually be cheaper :chew:chew

Honestly if General Kenobi is $90 I will be stoked... sure its a lot of scratch, but that would basically mean that all armored would be that or even less. Since really tossing in a helmet and not a portrait and loosing the cloth bits might actually be cheaper :chew:chew

Hells yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Blank face under the helmet and fewer pieces of cloth = cheaper figure!!!! :chew:chew:chew

Well as the Indy and Gandolf figures are $89.99, expect this one to be exactly the same. The prices for these three figures are all the same. So anyone expecting to be blown away if it comes in at under $90, had better tie themselves down, when this goes up for pre-order:monkey5

You guys catch the 'term' SS used on it's front page: hints at a Clone Trooper body, not just armored Obi-Wan:

Our Production Blog keeps rockin' Toy Fair!
Remember to keep one eye on our Production Blog during Sideshow's Toy Fair 2008 celebration, as we will be posting updates daily, including 'Ask Sideshow' Q&A sessions with our Production Team and special behind-the-scenes product features! In fact, we just posted a closer look at our two newly announced 12-inch figure bodies, the Prometheus and the
Clone Trooper!

I think that there are a lot of people ready, willing and able to join the 12" scale triple digit price point club on Friday.

Exactly, when allot of people have already bought into the Medicom line were the figures are in the triple digits. I don't think this will be to hard for people to swallow and the die-hard fans will gobble these up like Cartman eats Cheesy-Poofs!!!

Did you see the earlier post about the prices at Forbidden Planet... they have Obi and Indy for the same price. Here's to hoping thats the case :rock

Well as the Indy and Gandolf figures are $89.99, expect this one to be exactly the same. The prices for these three figures are all the same. So anyone expecting to be blown away if it comes in at under $90, had better tie themselves down, when this goes up for pre-order:monkey5

Well, I believe you if noone else does. :lol

Well, I believe you if noone else does. :lol
:chew:chew:chew
I think everyones got it into their heads that the price will break the $100 barrier, but when you break it down, the armour's not going to cost more than the costumes. I think the bulk of the price is for the new body. If they used the old one, I could have seen the price arond $70. THink about it, armour they can use (and I'm sure they will) time and time again, or a costume that can only be used once.

This will be $89.99, I'm certain of it. As I said yesterday, the prices for this will be the same as Indy and Gandolf, and the fact that a UK trader have now put these up for the same price for all to see is proof of that. You will be paying $89.99 for this figure.:monkey5

Did you see the earlier post about the prices at Forbidden Planet... they have Obi and Indy for the same price. Here's to hoping thats the case :rock

Here's hoping. I honestly don't think it will go over $100. It doesn't seem like at this point there's a huge list of accessories with this one so it may keep the price reasonable. I told myself when the SW stuff from SST started shipping that I'd be a completist with the exclusives but just get one regular version of each character in my favorite outfit/version ie., Jedi Luke but that Obi-Wan's making me break my own rule. It looks too good not to have on a shelf.

If it is $90 (and later troopers follow suit) then the price increases will sort of even out for some people, since before you had to spend a lot more to get armored figures. Of course, the bottom will drop out of the medicom trooper market...

obi-wan332.jpg

Missing link??????

B000002LPA01LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Just kidding.I'm practically over the moon with this announcement.

2175_press04-001.jpg

I wish we could get closer images of how skinny this body is in the armor.I know it's just the prototype.I just see that elbow armor sticking out to the wind when his arm is extended and something about it just don't look right.

This really shouldn't cost more than $100. I mean that's already a $30+ increase from the regular figures. I would be really upset if sideshow started to charge Medicom or HT prices. Sideshow please keep your customers in mind when making up prices. You don't have to be as good as HT, close enough is fine with most of us. And this figure is definitely more than just "close enough".:D

I don't get how HT can help with this body and it comes out good, and the shoulder on their newest body look like inhuman crap. :confused:

Hot Toys didn't. I read somewhere in another thread a quote from Sideshow. Hot Toys helped with the armour body, but Prometheus was developed by Sideshow themselves

I'm pretty sure Hot Toys was involved in the design and engineering of ALL of the new bodies, from the new small body (Hobbit) to the armor body to Prometheus.

I know a lot of people are very happy about this sculpt, but this picture really makes it clear to me that it doesn't look much like Ewan. I can't put my finger on what's wrong, but if I had seen this head out of context, I don't know if I would have even been able to tell who it's supposed to be.

obi-wan332.jpg

Back