12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My AOTC want list is:

Obi-Wan (this portrait, AOTC clothing)
Anakin
Padme (Tattooine/Naboo Arrival Dress, Arena Costume)
Dooku
Clone Trooper (with correct rifle)
Jango Fett

Seeing SSC's armored Obi, I'm beginning to belive that an 12" SSC Vader will look equally fantastic. Buying a Medicom RotJ Vader is no longer a priority for me. Unless I can find one cheap that is. :D
But for all those that are hoping for more armored SW figures from SSC during SDCC, or later this year: better be prepared for the next price hike! What ever the price on this Obi-Wan will be... the forthcoming armored figures will cost more.

But for all those that are hoping for more armored SW figures from SSC during SDCC, or later this year: better be prepared for the next price hike! What ever the price on this Obi-Wan will be... the forthcoming armored figures will cost more.

How do you figure? Stormtroopers and basic Clone Troopers would involve less than Obi-Wan to the costume and weapons, not to mention have a head that can be recycled.

Only troopers like the ROTS Commanders and Arc Troopers could be more than Obi-Wan with their somewhat more elaborate costumes.

I'd fully expect basic troopers to be equal to or maybe even slightly less than Obi-Wan in price.

I don't know about that. I think Obi will be a pretty good indicator of what we'll be paying for armor down the road. There has to be a ceiling to the prices at some point, they can't just keep raising them exponentially.

I actually want less figures from AOTC:

Ki Adi Mundi (Ki, Yoda and Dooku would be one figure for AOTC and ROTS)
Yoda
Dooku
Clone Trooper
Jango Fett

Nope, I only want one Padme... the battle at the end of TPM. Other than that I'm not a big fan of the character.

I don't. I will buy any version of TPM Padme and any version of ROTS Padme.

I found ROTS to be a very boring Padme... A TPM Queen Amidala PF (with light up bulbs at the base of her gown) would rock but in terms of a 1/6 to be placed with others in cool poses I think the Geonosis arena white outfitted Padme (or even the white droid factory outfit with cape) would be the best.

galactiboy said:
Nope, I only want one Padme... the battle at the end of TPM. Other than that I'm not a big fan of the character.

An interesting choice-- but I still prefer AOTC Padme.

Back on topic though-- it is interesting that this General Obi creates some great directions for the line--not only with the obvious armour question somewhat resolved but also in the willingness of the SS creative staff to tackle EU characters (and versions of beloved characters)...

BTW, Heath said in the chat (should have copied it, sorry) that the the armored figures will have a great range of articulation and that they put a lot of effort into the design to be sure we'd be happy.

That's great, I'm going to pass on this figure because it's EU and I'm sticking to Canon Movie figures only but it's good to know that stormie's and such will have great articulation once they are released.

Should I look for a Hasbro clone trooper head to hollow out as a helmet or is the scale difference just going to make him look ridiculous?

Back