12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure looks pretty damn amazing. I'd be surprised if it gets much better than that, in the mass-production realm.

Man, this figure is amazing. Sideshow has sure done an amazing job with their Obi-Wan figures. They have yet to make a bad one! This is the best likeness yet, if you ask me. I can't wait to own him!

Looking at this piece as a sculptor... Trevor has got SO MUCH of this head and face spot on it's scary. You look at things like the ears, the upper eyelids... just all over the sculpt he's got things absolutely right. :bow

But as a full painted piece, sadly I'm in the "I can see Ewan's individual features but I don't see Ewan" camp. I think some of that is because the bottom of his eyes aren't as wide open as we normally see.

Most of the things that pull my eye can be fixed with paint though (squinty eyes, shape of beard, lips and moustache, hair colour) but one thing that is wrong in shape, in exactly the same way the ROTS Obi was wrong is the hairline.

I'm not sure if this was a SS/LFL directive on both pieces... but Ewan has a round hairline at the front, and on both SS Obi's the peak is a very sharp point over to the left of his head.

hairline.jpg

Overall though, this is another knockout detailed sculpt from Trevor.... and as a figure? I'm not sure you can get much cooler :rock

Ok I need to ask a big favor of anyone who can help me. On Friday I will be at a funeral and won't be able to join in the PPO fun but if someone could place an order for me I would be super super super appreciative,LMK.I just like the peace of mind that my order is in.:D

Looking at this piece as a sculptor... Trevor has got SO MUCH of this head and face spot on it's scary. You look at things like the ears, the upper eyelids... just all over the sculpt he's got things absolutely right. :bow

But as a full painted piece, sadly I'm in the "I can see Ewan's individual features but I don't see Ewan" camp. I think some of that is because the bottom of his eyes aren't as wide open as we normally see.

Most of the things that pull my eye can be fixed with paint though (squinty eyes, shape of beard, lips and moustache, hair colour) but one thing that is wrong in shape, in exactly the same way the ROTS Obi was wrong is the hairline.

I'm not sure if this was a SS/LFL directive on both pieces... but Ewan has a round hairline at the front, and on both SS Obi's the peak is a very sharp point over to the left of his head.

Overall though, this is another knockout detailed sculpt from Trevor.... and as a figure? I'm not sure you can get much cooler :rock

I can't imagine the hairline is by directive of anyone, as Trevor's ROTS Obi-Wan from the dio quite clearly has McGreggor's hairline shape correct.

SWDIO18.jpg

I don't think this AOTC sculpt is as off on the hairline as the ROTS was.

obis4.jpg

Thanks for that side by side Darren!
You really do have an eye to catch the little differences that make a figure look more, or less, like the actor or character.

I can't imagine the hairline is by directive of anyone, as Trevor's ROTS Obi-Wan from the dio quite clearly has McGreggor's hairline shape correct.

SWDIO18.jpg

I still see the 'peak' Darren was referring to. It is possible this is a LFL directive, or (I suppose) that the promo shots were touched up with photoshop to remove the real hairline. Does anyone have a nice screen grab from EP2 clearly showing Ewan's hair line - peak or no peak?

I still see the 'peak' Darren was referring to. It is possible this is a LFL directive, or (I suppose) that the promo shots were touched up with photoshop to remove the real hairline. Does anyone have a nice screen grab from EP2 clearly showing Ewan's hair line - peak or no peak?

Ewan has a circular hairline, it's very evident in any of the images from Phantom Menace where he has his own natural hair. I've drawn it many times and it's as much a trademark of his look as the forehead mole.

Back