12 inch OBI WAN KENOBI - ANH!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some of us who cannot afforrd the PF this will be just as good. Beautiful sculpt and will look good next to a SS Vader, When they give us one.:eek:

The Ringer said:
For sume of us who cannot afforrd the PF this will be just as good. Beautiful sculpt and will look good next to a SS Vader, When they give us one.:eek:

Agreed.... missing out on the PF doesn't seem so bad now.:D

I actually kinda hope he is. Id love to see the "original 12" all released at 1977. Yes I know that includes Vader, just put ANH Vader off for a bit. Satiate the marketplace with the Inclusive ESB, ROTJ or ROTS Vader but keep ANH Vader at 1977.

Memnoch21 said:
Except for the fact that he owned the remote?

Leia didn't own the handcufs, so I guess 'owning' is not really a must for exclusives. But yes, Ben probably OWNED the remote (I don't see what Han would use it for)... I just ask myself, where the heck did Obi keep that remote the whole time? In his pocket? I mean, it's not inflatable, is it? And why did he bother to bring it along in the first place? They are in a hurry, Leia is in danger, and so on. Even if the remote is Obi's, I find it very strange that he would bring this along, of all things. Like it would help them in their quest...
But yes, the PF also came with the remote, so, who knows.

EDIT: it appears that Han did own a training remote (according to https://www.starwars.com/databank/technology/trainingremote/?id=eu ). So, It's possible and very likely that the remote used to train Luke in ANH was Han's, and not Obi Wan's.

Last edited:
Anakin and Obi--- ROTS

Qui Gon and Darth Maul--- TPM

Obi and ______________--- ANH (gotta be Vader.... right? right?)

:fireworks :vader :fireworks

:mexwave

Vader?... pwetty pwease?

DarthNeil said:
Anakin and Obi--- ROTS

Qui Gon and Darth Maul--- TPM

Obi and ______________--- ANH (gotta be Vader.... right? right?)

:fireworks :vader :fireworks

:mexwave

Vader?... pwetty pwease?

I'm getting some good vibrations from the idea that Vader will be at SDCC. :chew

PosterBoyKelly said:
I'm happy for this. 1- Doesn't matter if it has an SS body, and 2- Like the ROTS Obi I trust the sculpt/paint will still be killer when released. Seriously the 1st SS 12" I've been hyped for since...............SDCC Vader.

Jabba was my last big anticipation, but this one is deffinately taking it now (and I know some will argue at the choices right now), but I'm all about OWK!!!

Well this is my first glimpse of the paint job. it's always REALLY scary to see your work painted...because that's when you realize your sculpt either works...or it doesn't quite work...

well I'm REALLY in love with the paint work on this one! the color scheme is spot on for me. really really nice job!!!!!!! the clothing looks awesome and right on target...I'm excited to see this in person all put together. I invested a lot of myself into the sculpt, and it's rewarding to see such a careful attention paid towards the paint job and clothing. excellent!

Alec Guinness...man there wasn't a better job to get! that's was a real highlight, although it had it's distinct challenges.

Trev

Trevolver said:
Well this is my first glimpse of the paint job. it's always REALLY scary to see your work painted...because that's when you realize your sculpt either works...or it doesn't quite work...

well I'm REALLY in love with the paint work on this one! the color scheme is spot on for me. really really nice job!!!!!!! the clothing looks awesome and right on target...I'm excited to see this in person all put together. I invested a lot of myself into the sculpt, and it's rewarding to see such a careful attention paid towards the paint job and clothing. excellent!

Alec Guinness...man there wasn't a better job to get! that's was a real highlight, although it had it's distinct challenges.

Trev

You did an awesome job dude..... any chance you will be doing ANH Han... please, please.

Lets see that great pic again:

052407kenobi.jpg

Great work Tevor, you really nailed the sculpt. Any idea if we'll be seeing some unpainted shots?

You did this Trevor ? I'd like to say thank you ! It is without a doubt the best likeness I've seen in the 12" star wars range so far !

What else do you have up your sleeve?

This is a really great likeness, and it seems like Sideshow have nailed the sculpts for both old and young Ben kenobi. I don't care what the exclusive is, I just need to get this figure asap!

I haven't been too geeked out to post a "me wantee" kinda thing for a looong while, so it's nice to get back in the swing of things with an amazing figure like this.

This is the best human likeness in the SW line, period. Trevor, how about you do ALL the SW figures from now on, 'K? :D

HAs anyone else noticed that on the SS products site, the other three items say prototype above them but the Obi-Wan doesnt??? A mistake or could this actually be the production piece??? I know its highly unlikely but its not impossible.

Back