12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

He looksh great to me shculpturally but overall body appearance sheems a tad shtumpy to me. Perhaps a TT body will make him more elongated and less fat looking. And as it usually is with suited characters, a longer neck is needed. Has it really been stated or is it pure conjecture that they're off Raiders already? I NEED A MARCUS!!! (and not a silly LC one... The serious guy we met in Raiders.)
I like the figure here a lot and am personally happy they went with the sculpted hat (stretching thick fabric over the head usually results in a huge hat or compromised hair. I love that the Indy came with two heads, wish more hatted figs came that way. Since Senior has little hair, this separate hat works fine.
I can't wait till this guy starts shipping!

Oh hell yeah we need a MARCUS so he cans show us the way :whip....Got lost in his own museum, eh? never mind LOL =0)
True but I live in CA and don't want to get kill by the tax and don't want the EX. Henry

It looks great! I probably won't get him, though. I'm running out of room... especially after HT Godfather arrives. Some day.

The whole beard/neck area definitely looks more authentic on the Medicom version. Sideshow gave him a borderline big Santa Claus beard when the beard he had in the movie was much shorter and thinner, exactly like it looks on the Medicom one.

4395_press02-001.jpg
3906_press07-001.jpg

Medicom still made a nice figure, but Sideshow's is twice as good, less toy like and is a great price to boot.
And the beard looks fine
3486-9434.gif

I prefer the Sideshow version of the character than the too toyish Medicom one ..If prod figure isnt too different,This will be the best figure in their Indy line.

ordered...i hate when i just stumble on releases like this, glad i got in on the exclusive or i would have been pissed...

I was away last night and couldn't order the exclusive until this morning. Glad it's still available. I think it looks FANTASTIC! The sculpt is perfect and with a small_studios repaint, it'll look incredible!!! :rock

As long as the GLASSES look that good in production and we're not in for another TOHT glasses fiasco. :rolleyes:

Another WINNER in the IJ line!!! :rock :rock :rock

I have Medi's version and I'm extremely happy with it. But I feel that Sideshow's version is better in the tailoring department and in the sculpt, and I love the look on his face. I pray that what we see here is what we get in-hand, but if Sideshow finds a way to screw it up, then I'll cancel my order and stick with the Medi and be happy with that. I hope it doesn't come to that though, as the accessories and the exclusive are fantastic.

If Sideshow ever does a TLC Indy, it'll be barebones like German Indy, since all of the Grail pieces went to Henry. With the exception of possibly a young Indy, I have a feeling this will be the only character we see from TLC.

So far, just from these pics, I feel this figure is the best of the Sideshow line. For me, Belloq still remains the only figure that's disappointed, and the only one I have not bought.

wow, fantastic looking henry jones!

Though he is kinda pricey compare to the others in the indy line with only one set of hands.

Hmmm. could it be that a non-exclusive is gonna be cheaper? like bellog and toht? why isn't there a non-execlusive of henry jones?

Last edited:

Impressive sculpt, really makes this figure.

Hope Sideshow does not slip in the final product.

I think he looks a lil better than I thought he would... Some of those photos are unflattering though. Clothes look pretty good.. Accessories are nice. Sculpt seems like a good one. But seems a bit on the short n stumpy side... I passed... I'm being a little more cautious with my orders... Last year I went nuts and now they're all coming in at one time OUCH!!!! Still a nice figure overall.

I ordered him even though I originally didn't have any interest in him. I really was going to pass on him, trying to be conservative with my purchases. But once I saw the pics and the accessories, I had to place my order. I figure I can always cancel if I find myself broke at shipping time.

I thinks someone mentioned earlier that this may mean no TLC Indy since all the accessories for the movie seem to have come with Henry. That seems to make sense, even though I would have been happy to get a TLC Indy with a tie. I mean what other accessories could he possibly come with? The machine gun? The lighter?

wow, fantastic looking henry jones!

Though he is kinda pricey compare to the others in the indy line with only one set of hands.

Uh... have you not seen the Indy as German Soldier figure? This one has 10x more value than that.

But then they do something like Leia and have her face in a non "blank" stare and everyone hates it and says it would be better with her looking forward.

That's a small part. You can have an expressive sculpt without posed eyes. The issue with Leia, and I was very vocal, is that because the eyes are permanently painted looking in one direction, you can't pose her from a number of angles. Straight staring eyes, unless you can pose the eyes like HT's DX Joker or Enterbay figures, is the best look for posability.

However, there are some sculpts that are even lifeless, that's when it's not as great. There are a number of great sculptors out there, but one thing that I love about Trev is not only his technical skill to capture the likeness, but he's very good at working subtle emotion into his portraits that captures the character without being so extreme it makes you think oh that's specific to one scene. Henry's got that sort of condescending look on him, totally the character, but it isn't just one scene or moment that it represents, it's essentially him the whole movie and who he is deep down, it's perfect.

Back