12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

I ordered him even though I originally didn't have any interest in him. I really was going to pass on him, trying to be conservative with my purchases. But once I saw the pics and the accessories, I had to place my order. I figure I can always cancel if I find myself broke at shipping time.

Ditto, my friend.

That's a small part. You can have an expressive sculpt without posed eyes. The issue with Leia, and I was very vocal, is that because the eyes are permanently painted looking in one direction, you can't pose her from a number of angles. Straight staring eyes, unless you can pose the eyes like HT's DX Joker or Enterbay figures, is the best look for posability.

However, there are some sculpts that are even lifeless, that's when it's not as great. There are a number of great sculptors out there, but one thing that I love about Trev is not only his technical skill to capture the likeness, but he's very good at working subtle emotion into his portraits that captures the character without being so extreme it makes you think oh that's specific to one scene. Henry's got that sort of condescending look on him, totally the character, but it isn't just one scene or moment that it represents, it's essentially him the whole movie and who he is deep down, it's perfect.

Hellboy bust comes to mind as a perfect example.

How come Trevor isn't credited at all on the product page?

• Bernardo Esquivel
  • Kevin Ellis
  • Heath Hammond
  • Jared Chapman
  • Jesse Lincoln
  • Chadwick Andersen
  • Toi Ogunyoku
  • The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

Last edited:

Looks amazing really. Sculpt is spot on and the suit looks quite good. Comes with a ton of stuff which is fantastic. I used my RP on him and got it for $75.

I don't see this stopping SS from making a TLC Indy though.

Looks amazing really. Sculpt is spot on and the suit looks quite good. Comes with a ton of stuff which is fantastic. I used my RP on him and got it for $75.

I don't see this stopping SS from making a TLC Indy though.

I think they will definitely make a TLC Indy he will just be very bare bones. Unles HE comes with the Vase.

Low quantity alert on Henry.

Maybe Sideshow will throw in the motorcycle with Indy as an exclusive. That'd be awesome. :)

That would be a great Ex. Would be quite creative but a freaking great choice.

Like a lot of others on this forum I had no intention of buying Henry Sr. Now, I'm not sure I can live without him! He looks awesome! I love the sculpt and accessories! I wonder if they will just have the one Indy as "THE" Indy. The fact that it says "Raiders of the Lost Ark" on the box leads me to believe there will be others. Otherwise, all TLC Indy needs is Belloq's machine gun and a black tie. The lighter would be a fun custom. I'm sure there are 1/6 Zippos out there!

IMG_4217.jpg

There are in fact 1/6 zippos out there.. DML included one with a Vietnam era figure as well as a WW2 Marine I believe.

Damn, that raw sculpt is spot on... I imagine this will be another cast-in-color and if it turns out as nice as Gandalf I think we'll have a winner.

Would have preferred a sculpted neck (extra stubble and old man details) but the suit covers up enough that I don't think it will be an issue.

Back