12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

The knight's shield with the other half of the Grail inscription would actually be a cool exclusive. I think I'd be more excited about that then say the motorcycle I mentioned earlier. Only because the bike would probably be too expensive for what us collectors would expect in terms of the level of detail.

The Cross of Coronado would be best for young Indy.

I hope Sideshow is taking notes because you guys are coming up with good ideas for TLC Indy accessories.

I can't imagine this having a lower ES than German Indy, which was 750.

Pre-ordered. Damn. I thought there was no way I was getting into the Indy line.

I figured I would just try to search for a decent statue or two (Even thought the Indy sculpt is amazing, I don't like any PF because they are just too big in my opinion. Not a fan of 1/4 scale. Where do you guys find the room for them??).

Anyway, the Henry Jones just looked too good to pass up, so I went and purchased a SS Indy on ebay last night as well for $60 shipped. I've seen what kind of custom mods are out there and they are soo so good, that I'm thinking I could do some similar things to mine (although I would need to send out the head for a repaint or resculpt as I have never tried anything like that). I'm artistic, but I have just never been into 1/6 scale until recently, so I would be hesitant to do anything (plus I don't have the materials, paint, etc.).

officially addicted

SS Indy is fantastic. Not in the kind of way that you'll buy him, take him out of the box and set him on a shelf, but in a re-paint, customizing and futzing way he's just awesome. Good buy, you'll love him!

:lol

Personally, instead of the grail tablet exclusive I would have preferred an open umbrella as the exclusive.

That was one of the many possible exclusives that floated through my head over the past few days leading up to the pre-order. That really would have been cool as it's practical.

I could have just forgotten but the only appearance of that tablet is in Donovan's home, right? Everyone makes fun of the Indy torch/dart but at least he was in contact with that item during the film.... :duh

While I agree the umbrella situation sucks, I think the inclusion of the grail tablet goes along with my theory that you could include key things with Henry that Indy could have as a Last Crusade figure. LC adventure gear Indy is basically a tie away from being complete between Henry and what's in the Raiders figure set, accurrate, no, but neither is the Raiders figure in the same minor details that it wouldn't be right for LC.

I think a lot of the accessories in this line are handled with their ability to be useful to other figures, the Ark, the idol pedistal.

I'm okay w/o the open umbrella... while a nice addition, I can honestly say I'd never use it for a display.

The open umbrella would have been nice thats for sure but what comes with him now is nice as well. This really makes me hope they do a TLC Indy for sure.

I have the Koto Jones Sr, and the open umbrella that comes with that takes up alot of room, display wise.

Personally, I think the exclusive item should have been a 1/6 pair of Elsa Schneider's panties.:monkey3

-

I know some wouldn't care, but in a way, the open umbrella would look a bit odd given the stern look on the portrait, the use of it was entirely comedic, you need a sily face to really get that visual.

Agreed. On the Elsa Schneider panties, that is.... LC Indy should also come with a pair of them.
:chew

A TLC Indy would have to be 100% new. New sculpt, hat, pants, jacket, shirt etc.... If each is kept as screen accurate as possible to each film with specific items that go with it I can see buying all four "adventure gear" Indys, no prob. I can't see Sideshow rehashing the same pants and belts for all the films and expect us to pay 90-100 bucks ea. though.

TLC Indy with tie and some sort of movie item. TOD Indy with ripped shirt, a touch of blood, machette etc and so on.... If each is done true to each film I'll be hooked...

Man, after looking at those pics, I really hope the hat isn't sculpted on. :(

And before people start pointing out that it's listed in the accessories, look at the Utapau, Vader, Stormtrooper, etc. It doesn't mean anything.

Dafasio, we're not supposed to directly post images from the Sideshow website, that's why I just commented there was a photo.

You can save the photo to your PC and upload it some other way, but we're not to use links to SSC's server because it slows it down.

Dafasio, we're not supposed to directly post images from the Sideshow website, that's why I just commented there was a photo.

You can save the photo to your PC and upload it some other way, but we're not to use links to SSC's server because it slows it down.

Fixed.... I had no idea! :confused:

Back