12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

Oops, yeah I forgot about the time difference.

I'm glad you're giving the Indy line a shot, Lordscum. I had a fleeting moment of weakness where I was going to cancel Henry and wait til I found him cheaper. But now I'm determined to keep the order, particularly because it's the Ex with the Grail Tablet. But I don't think I'll change my mind about getting the $85 fridge (just the reg for me)!

Hey Jim, I've been with the line since ROTA Indy was announced
2 years ago. I didn't get anything else though for awhile but earlier this year got the Reg Belloq and Toht and just got German Indy .
Looks like I'll have Henry the week of Thanksgiving and should be able to get KOTCS Indy either through the SS Waitlist, Ebay or a forum mbr.

:woo Glad to hear it Lordscum! Nice that you've managed to get all the figures so far. I've enjoyed the hell out of them. As I've mentioned before, Indy was the reason I got to collecting 1:6 figures in the first place. Can't wait for Henry and the treasure trove of artifacts!

Its a nice break from the Star Wars line for me and Raiders was the second most importaint of my childhold next to A New Hope.

I've wanted a good quality 1:6 Indy for many years and SS came through. I do hope the line continues with TOD Indy , Mola Ram and Dietrich .

Got a pending on my card for $104 and some change. I'm guessing it's Henry. Only outstanding order I'm waiting on.

I thought about not posting, so don't beat me up to badly for writing this, but I saw Henry today, but the guy won't let me photograph him (as the release date hasn't arrived yet).

All I can say is: The face is awesome. The top of the head is too small, no way to display him not wearing the hat. The glasses had their own special area in about the middle of the packaging (meaning a lot of care taken), from what I could see high quality. The Grail paint job appears to be a bit too bright.

The biggest problem is that the body is too short, it is a lot more obvious with Henry than it was with Indy. He looks "stubby", and the clothes look "stubby" as well.

There is only one Grail Diary, and it is in the open position.

I will TRY to get some pics tomorrow.

Does it at least look like the prototype on the site?

I thought about not posting, so don't beat me up to badly for writing this, but I saw Henry today, but the guy won't let me photograph him (as the release date hasn't arrived yet).

All I can say is: The face is awesome. The top of the head is too small, no way to display him not wearing the hat. The glasses had their own special area in about the middle of the packaging (meaning a lot of care taken), from what I could see high quality. The Grail paint job appears to be a bit too bright.

The biggest problem is that the body is too short, it is a lot more obvious with Henry than it was with Indy. He looks "stubby", and the clothes look "stubby" as well.

There is only one Grail Diary, and it is in the open position.

I will TRY to get some pics tomorrow.

Sounds like what I'd expect.... and I don't mean that in a negative way. The Pro really isn't a good base for Henry, so the "stubby" look doesn't surprise me at all.

Do my extend trick and futz the clothing and I'm sure you can make him look less 'stubby'. I did it with Lando with great success.

Do some of us really get the exclusive so just we can open it with the "exclusive" item or do we just get the exclusive because it is the exclusive and end up buying the regular version as well?

depending on the figure at times I'll but the exclusive to keep MIB and the Reg. to display.

Pics up at Toy-World:

20091113_600ba572063bd7a6f18aRiuwBf0bKBk0.jpg

Thoughts?

link: https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15613&extra=page%3D1&page=2

Looks great!!! :rock!!!
Mustache and Eyebrows should be a tad darker, easy fix...
but everything else looks superb!!
Tailoring looks better, and the fabric looks better than the proto

Can't wait!!!

Looks like the same plastic skin as the German Indy - which is a great thing. The eyes look a bit funny, but I'm blaming that on the photograph. Glasses look great! And the collar is even flat!

Paint apps. and glasses look great. That plastic bowtie and plastic grail diary still suck though.

The glasses look great, was a bit worried with the prototype having opaque lenses. The head looks less fat from that angle too.

Back