12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

The hat seems kind of off. I don't know. Is it like that on everyone's?

haha, I don't know, there's a buckle in the hat band. I had no idea which way it was supposed to be positioned. I had mine with the buckle on his right, maybe it's just backwards??

I just opened mine up a couple hours ago and I think Henry is a great figure. The head is a bit on the big side but other than that he looks great.

I put mine on the TT Slim though and I like it a bit more.

Last edited:

I thought the slim would be too small but that looks great. I will give the 'pulling the legs out a bit' a go as it seems to work.

I thought the Slim would be too small also but it worked out fine. It allows the arms too hang closer to the body than the Pro.

Great pics folks! Mine's out for delivery today. I'll be rearranging the collection tonight to accommodate.

Mine will be delivered on 11/24/09. The wait is getting harder, the more pictures I see. It's nice to know Sideshow is improving the figures with each one, though.

Nice pics, Cocobloloboy. I especially like your Indy! Can you show more pics of him? He looks nicely repainted.

Mine will be delivered on 11/24/09. The wait is getting harder, the more pictures I see. It's nice to know Sideshow is improving the figures with each one, though.

I'm in the same boat! Mine will be here on the 24th as well! At least it won't be held up becuase of Thanksgiving.

Mine's out for delivery!!! I'm as "giddy as a school boy".

Too bad Henry Sr. wasn't giddy even when he was a school boy. ;)

So I extended the legs on Henry but had a tough time accepting the temporary state of the mod.... I wanted to create some kind of a spacer to put into the joint.

I had a few folding table leg plugs that I had used when modding Luke and Han Stormtrooper helmets for use on a standard neck post. I had bought about three packs of all various sizes so I took the smallest and thinnest ones and cut a strip about 1" x 1/2". These were plastic, not rubber so they were thin and pliable. I bent the piece and slid it into lower leg groove then slid this onto the knee joint. It gave Henry an extra 1/2 inch of height and now I don't have to worry about the joint collapsing when I'm posing him.... Of course the more I think of it I really could have just super glued the joint in place... I'll post pics tonight when I get home. That 1/2" made the figure perfect, IMO. His pants look as if they're tailored, not bunched up around the ankle.... This might be one of my favorite figures and definitely one of the best Sideshow offerings I've gotten this year.

So I extended the legs on Henry but had a tough time accepting the temporary state of the mod.... I wanted to create some kind of a spacer to put into the joint.

I had a few folding table leg plugs that I had used when modding Luke and Han Stormtrooper helmets for use on a standard neck post. I had bought about three packs of all various sizes so I took the smallest and thinnest ones and cut a strip about 1" x 1/2". These were plastic, not rubber so they were thin and pliable. I bent the piece and slid it into lower leg groove then slid this onto the knee joint. It gave Henry an extra 1/2 inch of height and now I don't have to worry about the joint collapsing when I'm posing him.... Of course the more I think of it I really could have just super glued the joint in place... I'll post pics tonight when I get home. That 1/2" made the figure perfect, IMO. His pants look as if they're tailored, not bunched up around the ankle.... This might be one of my favorite figures and definitely one of the best Sideshow offerings I've gotten this year.

I tried Wor-Gar's mod last night before swapping Senior to a Narrow Shouldered TrueType but didn't like the way it made his legs look disproportionate to his trunk. The Pro's trunk is already scrunched and IMO, making the legs longer just compounded the issue.

I tried Wor-Gar's mod last night before swapping Senior to a Narrow Shouldered TrueType but didn't like the way it made his legs look disproportionate to his trunk. The Pro's trunk is already scrunched and IMO, making the legs longer just compounded the issue.

That is a concern, but if you pull the pants down a bit on the hips it will balance out the additional leg length. Of course, if you have a better body ready to go, that's ideal. This fix is just for those who don't want to shell out more money or are looking for a temp solution. Or are lazy like me. :)

The "plug" idea sounds like a good way to stabilize the extended joint too.

That is a concern, but if you pull the pants down a bit on the hips it will balance out the additional leg length. Of course, if you have a better body ready to go, that's ideal. This fix is just for those who don't want to shell out more money or are looking for a temp solution. Or are lazy like me. :)

:lecture:lecture:lecture It's absolutely a great mod for the budget-minded! I'd already picked up a TT with Sr.'s name on it to match Indy since I knew the Pro was gonna be too short and living in earth-quake country, want my figures have as much durability as possible.

You know, if a company could design a body where these "extensions" were intended, could actually lock in place and added one to the torso -- not a lot, just a 1/4 inch on the knees and torso so you could gain an overall 1/2 inch -- that would solve alot of the height issues for collectors. Might save the company money as well in not having to develop multi-sized bodies.

An 'adjustable height' body seems like a good seller.

Wasn't the Pro body conceived as a modular body that they could add extensions in order to change the heights/builds? There was an image of all the different pro types on the boards at one point. Anyone care to look?

Wasn't the Pro body conceived as a modular body that they could add extensions in order to change the heights/builds? There was an image of all the different pro types on the boards at one point. Anyone care to look?

The Pro hasn't quite lived up to the anticipation.

Really, what bothers me most, is something everyone wanted originally: that damn articulated neck. Now we're stuck with a shiny, plasticy knob and an odd cut-line along the sculpt's jaw.

Not worth the added -- and minimal -- articulation to me.

'Kay. Found it:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=6838

Not as modular as I thought. I think the new Duke and Anakin are going to use the taller Pro.

As far as the neck, aren't the TTs pretty much the same? Maybe someday Sideshow will give the neck some texture at the very least. But you're right, Wor-Gar. I can't say I've really used the added articulation with my figures' poses.

That was the intent, and to an extent, it is - hence why you get the whole forearm when you try to pull off a hand :lol. Unfortunately it was never intended for the height changes on the consumer level, only the manufacturing level, and then, only as needed for certain characters.

:lecture:lecture:lecture It's absolutely a great mod for the budget-minded! I'd already picked up a TT with Sr.'s name on it to match Indy since I knew the Pro was gonna be too short and living in earth-quake country, want my figures have as much durability as possible.

I bought a couple TTs yesterday and still had a Narrow sitting at home that I could have used but to be honest I really liked the way the Pro looked on the upper body and when I looked at the piece as a whole the legs looked short to me. As WG said I pulled the waist line of the pants down just a bit. This combined with the extended legs, BTW the fix for extending the legs also stabilized the knees quite a bit, made him about as perfect as I could hope for.... of course we all have different eyes when it comes to our figures proportions. At this point I'm 100% happy with Henry... F'n awesome!!! :rock It's a win-win for me... Didn't have to port over another Pro to a TT, like Storm Shadow just last week:rolleyes:, and I'm happy with the results.

Back