12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

Just as with about every single Indy line, Raiders gets put out first and is kind of a guinea pig. All the faults in the line come out first and then are later fixed by the time they make their way to doing figures from another Indy flick, in which case they have all the problems ironed out and the later figures look great.

Why couldn't any of the Raiders figures have come out nearly as nice as this Henry Sr.? If I collected all things Indy I would be so happy with this figure right out of the box. Looks like the body can use some beefing up but thats pretty much it from my eye.

Last edited:

Such a shame Sideshow finally hits their stride and then backs off on the line.

Such a shame Sideshow finally hits their stride and then backs off on the line.

Pretty much the same story with LOTR... but if you have some odd figures choices (Faramir, German Indy and non-ceremonial Belloq) and figures that don't live up to the proto (Aragorn, Faramir and Raiders Indy) it kind of kills interest in the line.

I know! If they knew they had plans to come out with an Ark then the Ceremonial Belloq, along with the Toht, seem to be a no-brainer. Anyone can kit-bash a decent Deitrich and most of the talent here could make a great one. What a set-up that would have been!

Pretty much the same story with LOTR... but if you have some odd figures choices (Faramir, German Indy and non-ceremonial Belloq) and figures that don't live up to the proto (Aragorn, Faramir and Raiders Indy) it kind of kills interest in the line.

I hear you.

Faramir was Sideshow's way of appeasing the WETA collectors, but 1:6 does not equal poly. I think German Indy was Sideshow's answer to the more rare 12" Hasbro German Indy. I love the Belloq character, but I don't agree with the outfit chosen, and while I like the Raiders Indy for its detail and accessories, match it up to the German Indy sculpt and it definitely does have its issues. Despite all of this though, I like what Sideshow released. I've never expected HT quality from them, which may be why I've never had huge issues with the flaws in the figures.

I was initially pretty happy with Raiders Indy, but its one of the few figures that over time the flaws started to bug me more and more. I had considered having him repainted and put on a TT... but the annoyance of spending an extra $100 or so just got to me. So now I'll likely sell mine... and be lucky to get $50 for him :lol

I was initially pretty happy with Raiders Indy, but its one of the few figures that over time the flaws started to bug me more and more. I had considered having him repainted and put on a TT... but the annoyance of spending an extra $100 or so just got to me. So now I'll likely sell mine... and be lucky to get $50 for him :lol

I guess my love for the character is really what brought me here to this site, TBH. The Raiders Indy does have horrible flaws and in attempting to fix those I stumbled upon this site. I really love the way my Indy figures look now... sure, it's required new bodies, parts and repaints but Indy is a HUGE part of my 1:6 collection, so it's worth it.

Back to Henry. I futzed with him a bit last night (No pics yet, sorry) and had a place ready for him by Indy, who's on a Narrow TT with a little work also done to elongate the neck. So Henry ends up being about a 1/2 inch shorter then Indy.... Not sure how much this is going to bother me going forward since I normally don't get too worked up about height (for example, Luke being as tall as Han in ST gear never bothered me).

What I find to be a bit disappointing is that Henry really requires very little work to look great but now I might be compelled to do a body swap anyway because of the corrections I had to make to previous figures in this line... Maybe I'll just put them on different shelves... :lol:rolleyes:

I guess my love for the character is really what brought me here to this site, TBH. The Raiders Indy does have horrible flaws and in attempting to fix those I stumbled upon this site. I really love the way my Indy figures look now... sure, it's required new bodies, parts and repaints but Indy is a HUGE part of my 1:6 collection, so it's worth it.

Back to Henry. I futzed with him a bit last night (No pics yet, sorry) and had a place ready for him by Indy, who's on a Narrow TT with a little work also done to elongate the neck. So Henry ends up being about a 1/2 inch shorter then Indy.... Not sure how much this is going to bother me going forward since I normally don't get too worked up about height (for example, Luke being as tall as Han in ST gear never bothered me).

What I find to be a bit disappointing is that Henry really requires very little work to look great but now I might be compelled to do a body swap anyway because of the corrections I had to make to previous figures in this line... Maybe I'll just put them on different shelves... :lol:rolleyes:

OR, you could always pick up a Saturday Toys body for Indy. They're back in stock at that place I PM'd you about a while back. They're cheaper than a TT, the same height as the Pro yet evenly proportioned and it'll free up the Narrow Shouldered TT you have Indy on for another bodyswap. ;)

OR, you could always pick up a Saturday Toys body for Indy. They're back in stock at that place I PM'd you about a while back. They're cheaper than a TT, the same height as the Pro yet evenly proportioned and it'll free up the Narrow Shouldered TT you have Indy on for another bodyswap. ;)

Sometimes Nam is the voice of reason.

The ST body looks decent for Indy then? :confused: Of my three Indys I have one on a Narrow and two on Standard TTs....

I'd love to see your collection, Nam....

What about the Soldier Story body? Not really necessary for Henry but I do like what I've seen of it used on Indy and it has a nicely sculpted neck.

Well the Buck's arms are too long for the jacket and the shirt was tight on the Buck. Still looks good on the Pro.

Done.....
:D

I love the Soldier story body.
I used it for my Temple Indy and it's taller than the Indy Pro
picture.php

The Narrow True Type is best for Raiders Indy though.
One problem will be, that after you change these bodies over, you don't want Henry Snr looking shorter, because he's taller than Indy in real life.

Back