12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

That is one of the FINEST displays I have ever seen!

Wow.

Received my Henry Sr today, really is an awesome figure. I couldn't wait to tie him up!

Built the chairs a couple of weeks ago in anticipation, they are made from balsa and painted up, the 'ropes' are upholstery piping obtained from a haberdashery store, the zippo is a 'dragon' version and the decals I made myself.

pix:

DSCF1976.jpg

I got my Henry Jones a couple of days ago. Just took a quick picture today. I like this one a lot as it is straight out of the box.

SideshowHenryJones.jpg

Looks great, Tyler! I went and put myself back on the waitlist for this one, so we'll see....

But man, this figure looks great....and I love that set-up Cavlcade put together...fantastic!

I don't know if you guys noticed in the newsletter it said there were some Henry Ex's up for second chance. If these don't sell out, then the "pause" in the line will definitely become a "stop".

There are still plenty of Toht Ex's, but only about 10 of each Belloq (if the little "Low Quantity Alert" bar is accurate) and about 70 German Indy.

I don't know if you guys noticed in the newsletter it said there were some Henry Ex's up for second chance. If these don't sell out, then the "pause" in the line will definitely become a "stop".

There are still plenty of Toht Ex's, but only about 10 of each Belloq (if the little "Low Quantity Alert" bar is accurate) and about 70 German Indy.

Awww that is a surprise but I guess if collectors don't find the ex suitable they will go else where cheaper.

It's a shame cos I think the Grail Tablet is an absolute must-have and totally worth it to get the figure at the full Sideshow price.

It's a shame cos I think the Grail Tablet is an absolute must-have and totally worth it to get the figure at the full Sideshow price.

IMO, the exclusive was a complete disappointment because of the quality. Hollow, plastic as it turns out. It should have been a bit heavier. If they can make a solid suitcase for Henry Sr., they can make a solid grail tablet. A must-have item that fell short. Can't say I would have spent full price on the figure knowing this.

Same here. This is one of those exculsives that is a must have and it
did cost 50.00 plus dollars to get.:rolleyes:

IMO, the exclusive was a complete disappointment because of the quality. Hollow, plastic as it turns out. It should have been a bit heavier. If they can make a solid suitcase for Henry Sr., they can make a solid grail tablet. A must-have item that fell short. Can't say I would have spent full price on the figure knowing this.

I'm not bothered by it in the least.

Aww, damn! The Grail Tablet is what made me order it yesterday. Well...as long as the sculpting and painting is top notch, I can overlook the cheap feel to it.

Anyone notice how fast the senior exclusive is flying off the Sideshow website? I wonder if when the exclusive sells out then the regular edition will also be up for second chance.

Anyone notice how fast the senior exclusive is flying off the Sideshow website? I wonder if when the exclusive sells out then the regular edition will also be up for second chance.

That's really sad. I look at the others and see why they're available but can't fathom why Henry Sr., let alone the Ex is still there. :( Guess it's a testament to how disappointed Indy fans are at Sideshow.

I think it's pretty good that Henry's down to about 10 from the 28 announced in Thursday's newsletter. That's 18 sold in 4 days. Belloq Ex is down to about 5 (from 10) and the regular still around 10. Seems like there's some life left.

So assuming that the regular edition sold out completely and no new units are going to pop up, combining both editions, they sold 1,740 Henry Senior's so far. Not up to Star Wars standards, but Indiana Jones never was. Anyways, it seems successful to me.

That's really sad. I look at the others and see why they're available but can't fathom why Henry Sr., let alone the Ex is still there. :( Guess it's a testament to how disappointed Indy fans are at Sideshow.

I don't know if I'd say that...speaking for myself, I'd always wanted to add Henry to my collection. but thanks to Sideshow's (unintended) "feast or famine" shipping of figures, I had to make some hard choices at the time he shipped and I think it's a safe bet some others have been doing that too.

The only "disappointment" I have with the Indy line is the stop-n-start release schedule it had along with some of the choices made for what to release.

Henry Jones is absolutely a core character worthy of a release, but with many Indy collectors having already picked up the Medi version a short time earlier (and that version still being readily available through Sideshow), Henry might've been a better choice to feature later in the line.

I hopped right on the waitlist for Henry after last week's newsletter announcement and he'll be up here on Thursday...can't wait to see this one for myself.

Back