All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the DiD boots are also a must have as the Sideshow boots both look a bit wonky and allow no articulation of the ankle.

Just got my Angel of Death.

Yep. Same problem. Doesn't seem as bad as your's, but I can feel the paint cracking under my finger tips as I hold it. Already put a crack in the collar bone just by touching it. The texture is so dry, and not smooth at all. Son of a bltch!!!

It's such a gorgeous bust, too. I wonder if it's salvagable. It's worth it to me. Anybody know of any primers I could self apply, or anything like that?

Oh, and by the way, I got number 8/150. My favorite number, and the lowest I've ever recieved. So this problem must span over the entire line.

won Number 29 during spook (pics are in my gallery) it looks good so far, but I'm ultra paranoid handling it now. No blemishes or bubbles I can find, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I hope they can rectify this for you, a piece this big and this beautiful shouldn't have these kinds of issues.

Yeah. The Angel of Death bust has just started cracking in TWO more places now, including the edge of the crown. That's too much for me. I could live with the other issues, but this is enough.

BBTS is sending a UPS truck to pick her up from me and issuing me a full refund. Such a shame.

I'm tempted to buy one off Sideshow while they still have stock, but I'm beginning to suspect this whole line is defective.

Well after nearly 3 months of sporadic emails (first contact to HT on 9/10/09) they have shipped a replacement for my Abe Sapien. I still don't know if it is just replacement pieces, or a new figure... but at least I should have a displayable Abe before too long :lol

So, while not as quick as Sideshow... I am happy that HT was willing to work with me. Especially now with the knowledge that the seller Mista305 was a crook :lol

Well after nearly 3 months of sporadic emails (first contact to HT on 9/10/09) they have shipped a replacement for my Abe Sapien. I still don't know if it is just replacement pieces, or a new figure... but at least I should have a displayable Abe before too long :lol

So, while not as quick as Sideshow... I am happy that HT was willing to work with me. Especially now with the knowledge that the seller Mista305 was a crook :lol

Was he? What did I miss? :lol

just took my AODeath back out again and gave her another once over.
Some cracking in the black on the base near where the actual bust sculpt starts. Other that that its still ok.
I do feel 1 spot on the top of the head where it feels like the paint could be loosening a bit, but pushing down on the spot didnt produce any cracking or paint flaking.

Seem to be lucky so far, but Im not sure how much faith I have in the longevity of this piece. :(

A lot of us did... bummer for me is that I had credit from a previous order that was to be applied to my Thriller figure. But since the original transaction is so old I'm boned :cuss

A lot of us did... bummer for me is that I had credit from a previous order that was to be applied to my Thriller figure. But since the original transaction is so old I'm boned :cuss

We've been learning a lot of lessons around here lately.
Maybe I could put your Mista305 credit toward my pinkertonfx Pennywise head. :lol :dunno

Nah, that is already going towards my Pinkerton Pennywise head... I got screwed really hard this year :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Oh, balls.
But...monkeys love tigers!
monkeyTigercub2.jpg

That's the best I got for ya.
:peace

No offense to Nanjin who I'm sure is a standup guy, but these kinds of things are what make me wary of buying any of the custom Star Trek figures. I'm already out $80 because Chris Howes decided it was easier to steal people's money than sculpt and deliver heads.

We have all gotten screwed this year. I'm out $60 from Howes and $75 from Pinkerton. I am now done with customs. Sucks Mista305 turned out to be a screw head.

Yeah, I sadly got screwed by all three... what really sucks though is that its not like one happened and I then made a mistake with my money again. All transactions were going at approximately the same time and then all fell apart over the course of the last 6 months :lol

But, I'm now being very cautious on who I deal with. Sadly there are just too many flakey people out there.

Back