All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These recent posts have made me nervous about my bust. Whenever I go in my room, i'll do a once over to make sure nothings wrong with it.

It might sound paranoid, but with such a low es, you wonder if they all might suffer the same fate at some point.:(

Not paranoid at all, considering both numbers 8 and 139 have had the same problem. That's both ends of the edition size.

I just can't decide if I should send it back, or live with this one.

Not paranoid at all, considering both numbers 8 and 139 have had the same problem. That's both ends of the edition size.

I just can't decide if I should send it back, or live with this one.

See what BBTS is willing to do for you. Maybe they'll do a partial refund?

Has anyone noticed any issues with the Hellboy II 1:1 bust? I only checked mine out once before putting it back in the box. All these stories have me worried...

In other HB related news, my regular HB II PF from the Mistress chat contest showed up today! :rock

Sorry to hear the bad news Master Wayne, I know the feeling.
Mine was also yellow under the peeling paint, clearly
there is know primer there. This is indeed BS!!!!

Yes it is. Do we know for sure the yellow color means it hasn't been primed? Should it read as white if it had been? Perhaps they used a clear primer coat? It makes no sense that certain areas are nice and tight, and others are flaking.

Still waiting on BBTS' reply. :(

Could also be that the top coat was applied before the primer had time to dry... creating some trapped moisture. Either way a QC problem and one that should be taken care of by Sideshow.

That actually makes sense, some of the chips that flew off were white on the underside, and not the color of the paint.

BBTS offered me a full refund/return or a $75 store credit.

Not loving either option, really.

What are the odds of 'making' Sideshow restore mine?

That actually makes sense, some of the chips that flew off were white on the underside, and not the color of the paint.

BBTS offered me a full refund/return or a $75 store credit.

Not loving either option, really.

What are the odds of 'making' Sideshow restore mine?

Slim to none and slim left town... :naughty

I've decided to risk it and keep the bust. It's just too important to me, and I guess I'll repaint it over time as needed. The store credit is going towards my DX Joker.

I'll be taking the bust to Dougie's house later this week to have him to sign it. Expect a few photos in here after. :)

I finally got the SS hellboy. Use the coat, horse shoe, gun on a HT...I made a cigar for him but i think its too big?

P1010964.jpg

P1010971.jpg

Yeah I think the cigar looks fine, the Horseshoe though looks a bit out of scale.

edit: as does the gun actually. Could ya do a comparison between the two guns? HT and SSC? It might just be the angle, I'm not sure I have seen a comparison between the two.

edit2: Nevermind, found a pic in Jeff Parker's review on Crawford's site.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_070809b.htm

review_jphellboy_27.jpg

you think the cigar looks fine...maybe its just me looking at dutch cigar which is much smaller... I watch the movie again and he holds a bigger gun ..so i chose the SS gun coz its bigger. It fits better too..In the movie the gun is not silver though...will do some dry brushing when have the time....

Well cigars come in all sizes and there are some pretty huge ones. I prefer the HT gun though. Sharper cleaner details and the scale looks more correct.

I just got the sideshow Kroenen figure!!! I love it hes my favorite character!! but I dont like the body he's on tho. Anyone know a better one to use? And his plastic boots suck.

Back