All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an email back. Seems they missed a step in my refund process, and all systems are now a go. I do trust them, but still... I'll rest when I see that 500 bones back in the positive column.
Good to hear, man. At least it's worked out. I agree with what you said, big baby was only in one scene. I got how people are upset though because given the option alot of people would pick the ex. Big baby is a cool addition. It's like the Elvira pf, I like the bat more than the spider so the ex is take it or leave it for me.

Gonna jump on the waitlist for the EX, just to see if it might convert. If it converts, sideshow is going to get a nasty email. :rolleyes:

Edit: well, I tried, but now I can't get on the waitlist because I have an order in for one already.:duh

Yeah me too, not only that but I sold a few items to make room for it.

Complete Bull????! :banghead

:lol That sounds familiar...

I went on the mad scramble to sell stuff to make up the funds & room for my alleged EX HB too. Ah well... it's time to trim down anyway I guess :rolleyes:

I think I will take this item if SS is willing to give me a discount on the 1/4 scale Big Baby replica, that way I can at least display it with what should have been the EX piece. It won't be the same, but it might look nice on the stand beside the PF.

:sick

My response ----

Mike,

I would be lying if I said I was happy with this situation, after how poorly the website performed during Black and White Friday it goes from bad to worse. I won't even begin to mention specifics as to other ordering fiascos whether they be PPO or orders that I have attempted to place when your newsletter goes up. Sideshow has really been underperforming lately with everything from paint peeling, edition sizes becoming meaningless (they are either being upped AFTER items are sold out, or being left open like the Iron Man 2 maquette or Darth Vader 1:1 bust), etc. It is all becoming very hard to bare as a collector, especially at a time when money is tight and collectibles would be the first thing to be expendable. I find it almost offensive that Sideshow would not even offer some form of additional discount or item as a good faith gesture after what was by all accounts a major blunder. Your website clearly stated the item as being in stock and as a member of a good number of online message boards I know there is a significant outrage over this mistake. Please consider providing those who are being let down by this situation a discount on the 1/4 scale Big Baby replica, that way at least we can have a display that is somewhat close to that of the exclusive. Perhaps that is asking too much, but I personally believe it would go a long way to restore some customer confidence; which is lacking as of late. I have been an avid collector of all things Sideshow for about 6 years now, and must say that customer service has ALWAYS been a very strong characteristic of Sideshow, I have always appreciated your fan/collector interaction; I have very fond memories of time spent at Comic Con and other venues. I have spent a decent amount of time with quite a number of Sideshow employees and know that most are really quality people, lately though it has just been a string of bad circumstances.

So after all that, I would like to retain my order; I really would like to cancel based on principle, but I trust that this sentiment will be passed on, and well I can't pass up a good deal even if it is just the regular edition.

Thanks again,

Matt Nicastro

No nothing yet, I sent it after their business hours.

I did however forget to mention how I decided to clear some space and sell off a few pieces ... damn. :mad:

So if you settle for the regular, the shipped price comes out to
about $250 for us in California. Is this really much better than what
you can find on ebay?

Yeah, that's how it's done LOTRfan. Good letter.

As to the point you forgot to mention, selling stuff off to make space and funds, I think that is really common, and I'd be more pissed about that than anything. That's completely out of Sideshow's control, but preventing mistakes like the Hellboy PF fiasco from happening would go a long way to help collectors not get stuck in that situation.

I'm glad you stuck with the regular, that's still a good deal, but still a major bummer all around.

Yeah, that's how it's done LOTRfan. Good letter.

I really want to make clear I appreciate Sideshow as a company and a good number of their employees, but everyone needs some constructive criticism now and again, right? Honey is out, we'll see if we can catch a fly or two; if not I'm switching to vinegar.

:horror :lol

Back