All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys Hellboy w/Sideshow pants:

iiv.jpg

It's pretty surprising how much better looking the Sideshow one's are. The HT feel like they are higher quality, but the look is totally wrong.

Overall, I love this figure. I do not have the Hot Toys version to compare it to though. There are minor flaws here and there, but as I have mentioned before, you really have to search for them (such as a tiny bit of the neck which is fle___one showing on the back of the neck, but it is covered by the jacket). The joints aren't loose at all but not as stiff as the HT Captain America (in other words, its poseable). I really don't think my cell phone pics do it any justice.

Looking at pictures of this on Ebay I see that he must have a rubber upper body like the HT, as there are no joints. I was hoping this one would be harder plastic, as even the possibility of deterioration of the HT would worry me.

What's the material like in hand?

Hellboyknockoff016.jpg

He looks like he'd be a good replacement for the floppy, skinny Sideshow version I have.

It is reassuring to hear that the "knock offs" are decent quality. I have been eyeing them up for some time but wanted to make sure that the rubber didn't split or perish or that there weren't other obvious problems. Now to battle with my conscience...

In the meantime, my custom Kroenen to look at. I started with the Sideshow Kroenen and the swapped out pretty much all of him. He is now on a TTM-16 body, with a bodysuit by Kato, the mask is by taylerdurdem on OSW (I bought a second mask so that I could have assassin and officer Kroenens, and then stuck with his as the paintwork is so much better than on the Sideshow one), boots by DiD. I still want to find a replacement for his bendy plastic blades, but no luck so far. I might just colour them with metallic wax and hope for the best.

6861658783_e1e3ca67b0_z.jpg

6861659025_5bdd3c15cb_z.jpg

And the Kroenen brothers. I am not finished with officer Kroenen. My main kvetch is that the cap looks too small on the mask. It is a 3R Heydrich cap and I unpicked the seam at the back so that it would fit over his head. But it still looks too small scale wise. Anyone know who makes SS caps for blokes with fat heads?

6861659639_21c7bc58ac_z.jpg

I really like the look of them, they fit better and are not as shiny. You can get a Sideshow Hellboy pretty cheap... I paid around $20 for a loose one and right now I'm selling the rest of him (except for the pants) on eBay.

Parted out I'm already up to $30 for the remainder with about 3 hours left :lol

It is reassuring to hear that the "knock offs" are decent quality. I have been eyeing them up for some time but wanted to make sure that the rubber didn't split or perish or that there weren't other obvious problems. Now to battle with my conscience...

In the meantime, my custom Kroenen to look at. I started with the Sideshow Kroenen and the swapped out pretty much all of him. He is now on a TTM-16 body, with a bodysuit by Kato, the mask is by taylerdurdem on OSW (I bought a second mask so that I could have assassin and officer Kroenens, and then stuck with his as the paintwork is so much better than on the Sideshow one), boots by DiD. I still want to find a replacement for his bendy plastic blades, but no luck so far. I might just colour them with metallic wax and hope for the best.

6861658783_e1e3ca67b0_z.jpg

6861659025_5bdd3c15cb_z.jpg

And the Kroenen brothers. I am not finished with officer Kroenen. My main kvetch is that the cap looks too small on the mask. It is a 3R Heydrich cap and I unpicked the seam at the back so that it would fit over his head. But it still looks too small scale wise. Anyone know who makes SS caps for blokes with fat heads?

6861659639_21c7bc58ac_z.jpg

Great job!!!

I want a Hellboy 2.0 SO FLIPPING BAD! :gah:

Theirs no way I'm paying $200 for a knock off... that moneys going to Robocop.

Just been informed my Prince Nuada Spear is waiting for me at home :yess:

Here it is...

Hellboy II - Prince Nuada's Spear 1:1 Replica

scaled.php

6893263919_15be3d364f_b.jpg

6893263281_1f77916473_b.jpg

Love it the Mirrored finish & Elfish symbol on the blade is great, i got Nuala's Dagger too which makes for a good letter opener :wink1:

Pretty heavy though which makes for spinning and twirling it around difficult :lol

Is it worth picking up HT Abe Sapien? I love the character but it is a dated figure and with little accessories

^ It's worth it. But you gotta be careful, because it's a dated figure, some of them has cracked rubber, but mine's doin allright after all this time.

Back