All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you get those cases? Actually been looking for something like that.

Thanks.

I made them. My girlfriend made me swear that if I got into this that they had to be in a case of some sort and I didn't like them all grouped together. Took to much away from each figure. So I came up with this design. I looked all over the net trying to buy these and couldn't find anything I liked. Forced me to make'm.

So what's the recipe if you don't mind me asking. The base and top I figure are either pre-made glass dome bases or home-made. The glass/plexi cylinders I have no idea on.

i hate doing this - but here is a lot of figures I've put up for sale - see the For Sale Section.

IMG_6056.jpg

I got my bases done and here they are. I based them off the battle scene with Wink. Water and stone. I also did a little stitching on HB to get his coat a little more under control.

I got my bases done and here they are. I based them off the battle scene with Wink. Water and stone. I also did a little stitching on HB to get his coat a little more under control.

Damn that looks great!! :D Very well done....really adds a lot to the figures and gives them a classy look. :rock

Those bases are simply stunning.
Thanks. They were pretty simple. I use epoxy putty to sculpt the stones and then I paint them. The water was really fun. It is called Easy water and I get it from a hobby store. Its like hot glue that you melt and pore but its gets really hard. The cool thing is you can comeback in with butane torch and rework it. You can carve ripples and stuff and then hit it with the torch and it smooths everything out. Fun stuff. This was the first time I have used it and I really enjoyed it. It much better than using a gloss varnish, because it fills the gaps.

Are they attached to the bases in any way? I may have to look into that Easy Water stuff.

Nope, they just stand there. I was planning on making some kind of wire guide or something to keep them up but didn't need it. The only questionable ones that I had was Joker and Ironman but they seem to be standing ok. Joker has gotten a little weak in the knees, but for now still holding strong. If you want to see my others look in the Show your shelves section under my hot toys. I think that's what i named it.

Back