ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's in box pics of dotm sentinel prime over at tfw2005, hasbro butchered the paint job on a nice sculpt... How typical, takara do the mold some justice please.

110310-RED-8199-1_1299598827.jpg

There's in box pics of dotm sentinel prime over at tfw2005, hasbro butchered the paint job on a nice sculpt... How typical, takara do the mold some justice please.

It's suprising how many people still get excited over Photoshopped images and then act all disappointed when the actual product photos surface.

Takara are doing "Masterpiece" versions of Sentinel Prime and Ironhide although like their previous Movie MP's they're the same molds as the Hasbro ones just with premium paint apps as opposed to new molds designed from scratch without the kid friendly gimmicks.

Having seen a better pic of Ironhide's truck mode recently I could possibly be tempted by the Takara version but the lack of proper BFG's on his arms is still off putting.

The RTS Voyagers ( Grapple,Lugnut & Strafe ) are now starting to show up in the UK so the recent run of good releases continues although it still doesn't come close to making up for the lack of Generations beyond wave 2 or all the other stuff Hasbro couldn't be bothered to send here.

Apparently the geniuses at Hasbro UK thought RPM's would be the line to push so they cancelled Generations in favor of those :slap

Last edited:
Eh, paint apps dont bother me as much these days. Not when the prices are so different. I still like Sentinel Prime and i'll stick with the cheaper hasbro version unless takara do a paint job to him thats comparable with Buster Prime. If so i'll be willing to pay the extra, but not for things like deluxes where 1 can cost over £20 just to get it from Japan with shiny paint.
Things are tight in this day and age, gotta make the sensible decision.

Went to TRU again today and bought Perceptor whilst Deluxes are still £9.97 apiece.

I wouldn't have paid more than a tenner for it but the robot mode is really nice once the backpack is pegged into place properly.

The half track mode sucks balls though and I'm considering removing most of the kibble and scratch building some new parts so he's more like a Deluxe sized Revoltech.

I'm also going to make a targeting monocle for his eye and as Blurr's sniper rifle doesn't really fit in his hands properly I'm going to get this custom Targetmaster kit,
https://www.shapeways.com/model/181500/gunslinger_figure__vantage_.html?gid=mg

It's suprising how many people still get excited over Photoshopped images and then act all disappointed when the actual product photos surface.

Takara are doing "Masterpiece" versions of Sentinel Prime and Ironhide although like their previous Movie MP's they're the same molds as the Hasbro ones just with premium paint apps as opposed to new molds designed from scratch without the kid friendly gimmicks.

Having seen a better pic of Ironhide's truck mode recently I could possibly be tempted by the Takara version but the lack of proper BFG's on his arms is still off putting.

The RTS Voyagers ( Grapple,Lugnut & Strafe ) are now starting to show up in the UK so the recent run of good releases continues although it still doesn't come close to making up for the lack of Generations beyond wave 2 or all the other stuff Hasbro couldn't be bothered to send here.

Apparently the geniuses at Hasbro UK thought RPM's would be the line to push so they cancelled Generations in favor of those :slap

I have no complaints with that, the molds are already extremely accurate to their movie counterparts. All leader prime and leader ss were missing was a good paint job and that's what takara did. So I'm definately in for MP sentinel and MP ironhide.

I have no complaints with that, the molds are already extremely accurate to their movie counterparts. All leader prime and leader ss were missing was a good paint job and that's what takara did. So I'm definately in for MP sentinel and MP ironhide.

Prime also lacked articulated hands, a moveable faceplate, rubber truck tyres and some diecast parts.....those sort of features are standard on a G1 Masterpiece.

Starscream is lacking similar kinds of details and has two glaring errors.........wing mounted missiles in F-22 mode and no jet boosters on his back in robot mode.

Had both molds been designed from scratch with no space being taken up by electronic gimmicks and the customary battery box they could both have looked much better.

I think the Movie Masterpiece line should really be called a Premium line because the only thing that's different from the regular ones are the paint apps.

Prime also lacked articulated hands, a moveable faceplate, rubber truck tyres and some diecast parts.....those sort of features are standard on a G1 Masterpiece.

Starscream is lacking similar kinds of details and has two glaring errors.........wing mounted missiles in F-22 mode and no jet boosters on his back in robot mode.

Had both molds been designed from scratch with no space being taken up by electronic gimmicks and the customary battery box they could both have looked much better.

I think the Movie Masterpiece line should really be called a Premium line because the only thing that's different from the regular ones are the paint apps.

movie masterpiece or premium, its all the same to me, there is nothing set in stone saying that masterpiece has to have all the features you said. Btw grimlock and screamer, do they even had metal parts on them?

movie masterpiece or premium, its all the same to me, there is nothing set in stone saying that masterpiece has to have all the features you said. Btw grimlock and screamer, do they even had metal parts on them?

Grimlock does, I don't know about Starscream.

ah_t00t,
Welcome! :wave

In answer to your question the hardest & most expensive Transformer for me to get is pretty much anything that gets a retail release :lol

The UK gets useless distribution from official sources, retail prices average at twice the US price and import stores always mark prices up.

Having said that 2011 has started pretty well with the first 2 waves of RTS Deluxes and the first wave of Voyagers appearing at retail but experience leads me to believe that it's best to enjoy it while it lasts because the run of new stuff on shelves will come to a shuddering halt round about the 2nd wave of DOTM releases.

Hi guys,

Been new around here and was just wondering what's the hardest and most valuable Transformer toy to collect for you guys, for me i would say The Transformer Victory Series Lio Kaiser

Dinoforce Giftset Dinoking, Jr. Rodimus Convoy, Black Zarak, Any of the Gold chrome Lucky draw figures and many more!

These will be the Dutch and maybe European prices for TF3 toys:

Cyberverse Legion Class €5.99 ($8.28)

Cyberverse Commander Assortment €12.99 ($17.95)

Cyberverse Action Set Asst €24.99 ($34.54)

Mech Tech Deluxe Asst €19,95 ($27.57)

Mech Tech Voyager Asst €34,95 ($48.30)

Mech Tech Leader Asst €74,95 ($103.60)

Basic Human Alliance Asst €15,99 ($22.10)

Human Alliance €54,95 ($75.93)

Import here I come!

These will be the Dutch and maybe European prices for TF3 toys:

Import here I come!

Hasbro may as well directly say "We won't sell Transformers outside the USA & Canada" because they clearly aren't bothered about supporting anywhere else properly.

I'm personally not bothered about the DOTM line but for those that are it sucks.

Back