ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure with trailer, and at a 100$ pricetag.
mp10prime4.jpg

When is that getting release?

The 'chromed' bits should be yeah, but I am pleasantly surprised with the rest. Looks like the 'chrome' might be the only stickers involved with this. If that's true, and I will keep a close eye on this one.

Yeah, I'll leave any chrome stickers off. No need for those. Still looks to be a nicer figure though.

No, makes no sense at all to me to match Faith Leader up with these newer MP figures. From MP10 onwards the scale of the MP line is spot on for me. Faith Leader would be good scale wise to have with the CHUG figures though I think.

Faith Leader is the same height as Starscream, so it still works.

Quite frankly, I still think he looks better than MP-10. MP-10 looks a little too... manga, for my tastes. I will still get the US version for a hundred bones, though.

He's a great figure all in all, and a good alternative if you DON'T like MP-10. He's a little shorter than Masterpiece starscream, and a little shorter than Grimloc. additionaly, he's got better leg articulation than MP-10.

That said, i'm still getting MP- 10 when he shows up at toys r us later this year.

Okay, yeah, technically he's smaller than Starscream, but only because of the intakes on Starscream's shoulders. Shoulder-to-shoulder, they're the same height.

And yeah, Faith Leader definitely looks better with MP Grimlock.

Then this will be smaller if you match it up with the other MP figures? Makes no sense to buy this to have with your Takara TFs?

:exactly:

Faithleader copies the mp01 design and that design is quite frankly outdated in comparison to Mp10.

MP01 and MP04 at least has the size, die cast and electronic gimmicks to warrant a space in everyone's collection. It was a fantastic design for its time and I like the idea of being able to display an evolution of the Optimus prime toy design.

Faith leader on the other hand is a little redundant. Outdated looks. Flimsy. It is good only as a stand in Optimus prime for ur chugs collection.

But if anyone is thinkin of using faith leader as a stand in prime for their masterpiece collection, I think it is a bad idea cuz it'll just stick out like a sore thumb alongside all the new sleekly designed MPs.

:exactly:

Faithleader copies the mp01 design and that design is quite frankly outdated in comparison to Mp10.

I HATE when people use the word "outdated" just because it's an older version of something. If you like it better, fine, but if you're going to call something outdated just because it's older, back it up! :)

For starters, tell me exactly how MP01's design is "outdated"? The proportions look WAY more like the G1 cartoon Prime and articulation is the same as far as I can tell - better in some respects (he can sit down).

Now, I don't have MP-10 yet, so I can't make a full comparison, but it seems obvious to me that MP-10 has a stylized, anime thing going on whereas the MP-01 design is more accurate to the old cartoon. Hey, if you like a contemporary comic-book look better, that's your opinion, but I'd rather have it look like the '80s original.

But if anyone is thinkin of using faith leader as a stand in prime for their masterpiece collection, I think it is a bad idea cuz it'll just stick out like a sore thumb alongside all the new sleekly designed MPs.

MP-10 sticks out like a sore thumb if you've got him anywhere near Grimlock, but I can tell you from first-hand experience (i.e. I own one) that Faith Leader looks great with both the Seekers and Grimlock. I have no doubt that he'll look great with MP Soundwave, Sideswipe and Red Alert too.

The only problem with the other MPs (other than the bigger MP-01 and Megatron) is Rodimus. In that respect, MP-10 makes more sense, display wise, and if you can stand having Optimus stand much taller than Grimlock, you're good to go. I prefer having Grimlock taller, but I'm still going to get the Hasbro version of MP-10 so I can switch out the display from time to time, change it up for fun, etc.

Faith Leader is the same height as Starscream, so it still works.

I thought in the cartoon that the seekers were a little shorter than Prime? According to the scale ref sheets the cartoonists used, Prime and Megs were the same height, Soundwave a little shorter, and then the seekers a little shorter again. I agree with you that Faith Leader looks more in scale with MP Grimlock though.

I HATE when people use the word "outdated" just because it's an older version of something. If you like it better, fine, but if you're going to call something outdated just because it's older, back it up! :)

certainly not outdated, but there are some things about it i don't like. I have had 4 versions, and all of them heal over when the legs are straight. I have to pose them in a wider stance. Also paint chipping around chest area and the neck and headsculpt could have been better. Lets not talk alt mode... Other than that i agree that the proportions are better on the mp01.

Having said that i slightly prefer the mp-10 because of scale, sculpt, alt mode and possibility. If only there was a perfect blend between the two.

Wait, is MP-10 Prime Taller, or shorter than MP-9 Hot Rod?

my only issue with MP-10, unless hot rod is Taller than him ( which, truthfully, would be more of an issue with hot rod. Wonder if he will get an update.....) , is the reduced leg articulation issue that's been discussed adnauseum, and it's not even that big an issue.

I can tell you from first-hand experience (i.e. I own one) that Faith Leader looks great with both the Seekers and Grimlock. I have no doubt that he'll look great with MP Soundwave, Sideswipe and Red Alert too.

Indeed he does,
grimscream.jpg

grimfaith.jpg

By my reckoning the head height of the MP Sideswipe/Red Alert mold will come up to somewhere on Faith Leader's grill and there's no question that all 3 will work fine together seeing as the MP01/Faith Leader design is more like the cartoon styling than whatever the hell MP10 is based on.

I thought in the cartoon that the seekers were a little shorter than Prime? According to the scale ref sheets the cartoonists used, Prime and Megs were the same height, Soundwave a little shorter, and then the seekers a little shorter again. I agree with you that Faith Leader looks more in scale with MP Grimlock though.

They probably were, sometimes. Have you watched the G1 cartoon lately?

I don't know if that scale chart was actually even used by the animators, to be quite honest, because they certainly played it fast and loose when it came to character sizes...

At any rate, I'm not TOO concerned with how Prime looks with the Seekers, since he'll be displayed with Autobots and Starscream and the rest will be with the Cons. As long as they're close (and both Faith Leader and MP-10 are close enough for me), it's all good.

gotta hand it to maketoys. they really knocked it outta the park with their first two offerings. first battle tanker, then That awesome Devy.

Granted, i prefer Hercules, but that's really just becuase he's so damn big

They probably were, sometimes. Have you watched the G1 cartoon lately?

I don't know if that scale chart was actually even used by the animators, to be quite honest, because they certainly played it fast and loose when it came to character sizes...

At any rate, I'm not TOO concerned with how Prime looks with the Seekers, since he'll be displayed with Autobots and Starscream and the rest will be with the Cons. As long as they're close (and both Faith Leader and MP-10 are close enough for me), it's all good.

Yep, scale was all over the place in the cartoon...makes you wonder why they did a chart in the first place! Still, I think that chart is what Takara are following now in the MP line.

Great pics by the way Deak! I've been tempted to get the green version of Giant for a while now, but I've got Herc and can't justify another £350 on another Devy.

I POed the Green Giant set. I like the $350 price tag vs over $600 to complete the Hercules set. And I actually prefer the Maketoys look better too.

Giant looks really nice, were it not for the existence of Hercules I'd probably have got the green version.

Back