ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah there are only 2 on Ebay now.
One is BIN @ £147 :thud::thud:
The other is bidding so no idea where that will finish yet.

I can get MP10 for £187
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Takara-T...1886?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a7538d49e

Yeah Andy seems really good so that's a bonus & make my life easier now.

Hoping to see colour Red Alert after the Tokyo Toy Show...if he's as good as Sideswipe he should look awesome.

Lol I have seen the new Black Widow...she looks good but not a character I really need.
Just getting my Paypal sorted to order Avengers Thor this week so that will be him out of the way...just need to wait for Hulk now & I'm done with Hot Toys for a while I think.
Transformers are taking all my spare cash now :)

Neil

Although I have no intention of selling Faith Leader it's reassuring to know I could get a decent amount for it if I did....hope you get a better deal though.

I'm the opposite on HT and Transformers as the only TF's I'm definitely getting this year are,

iGear Brawn & Gears
MP Sideswipe ( paid for )
MP Red Alert
MMC Sixshot

And from HT,
Already pre-ordered,
Nick Fury
Hawkeye
Loki
Iron Man Mark I version 2.0

Other
Black Widow ( have most of the cash for )
Captain America
Thor
Deluxe Bespin Luke Skywalker

I think Hulk and the Mark VII are probably going to be next year which is probably a good thing! :lol

Although I have no intention of selling Faith Leader it's reassuring to know I could get a decent amount for it if I did....hope you get a better deal though.

I'm the opposite on HT and Transformers as the only TF's I'm definitely getting this year are,

iGear Brawn & Gears
MP Sideswipe ( paid for )
MP Red Alert
MMC Sixshot

And from HT,
Already pre-ordered,
Nick Fury
Hawkeye
Loki
Iron Man Mark I version 2.0

Other
Black Widow ( have most of the cash for )
Captain America
Thor
Deluxe Bespin Luke Skywalker

I think Hulk and the Mark VII are probably going to be next year which is probably a good thing! :lol

Yeah I hope I can find one cheap too but it's not looking too likely at the mo :monkey2

My list for TF's is almost the same as yours but I'm not getting sixshot & I'm adding MP Soundwave to the list.

As for Hot Toys I'm just pre-ordering Thor at the moment & then it will be the wait for Hulk further down the line.

Most of the Avengers I can avoid as I already have Iron Man MkIV & First Avenger Cap so they will do for them.
Black Widow, Nick & Loki while all looking good are not really that important to me.

After that Hot Toys haven't made an announcement about a line I'm interested in collecting so can forgo most future releases for a while now ;)

Although that said the more I look the more I am tempted by Baby Doll & Bespin Luke but with the announcements of the new MP's I am finding it hard to justify them 2 as well.

Maybe if I can find some cash from some sales then I'll get them as well but not holding out much hope.

Neil

Hey everyone. Wow these 3 new MP just look great so far! I went ahead & Preordered from BBTS. Right now I have the 20th Anniversary Optimus Masterpiece so will these be in scale or do I neeed the newer MP10 Prime? Thanks

Hey everyone. Wow these 3 new MP just look great so far! I went ahead & Preordered from BBTS. Right now I have the 20th Anniversary Optimus Masterpiece so will these be in scale or do I neeed the newer MP10 Prime? Thanks

Unfortunately they will not be in scale with your Prime they are in scale to the smaller MP10 which means I will have to double dip Prime as well to make them look at all reasonable in a display...I have the same Prime you do.

There was an example a couple of pages ago of the size difference between our Prime & MP10 to show just how big the gulf in size is.

27280847d1329963360-mp-10-optimus-prime-full-repaint-pic-heavy-xtrepaint_mp10_optimus_f2012_02.jpg

Ours is the MP01/04 Prime on the very left of the pic.

SS & RA will look plain daft next to an original Prime IMO

Neil

Thanks Soundwave. Yeah that is a big difference in size between the Primes, looks like I need the MP10 too. Any idea what a decent price would be for one currently? Or will we be getting a US version sometime?

Thanks Soundwave. Yeah that is a big difference in size between the Primes, looks like I need the MP10 too. Any idea what a decent price would be for one currently? Or will we be getting a US version sometime?

No problems buddy.
Yeah he has been scaled down massively.

He currently seems to be anywhere around the £200 mark ($300 give or take) on Ebay

By all accounts there is a US release due which I'll probably wait for & hopefully they will come to the UK as well so that will be better priced than the Jpn release.

Neil

Yeah, if you want MP-10, wait for the Hasbro release. It has everything, is barely different, and is only $100 instead of Takara's $270.

Unfortunately they will not be in scale with your Prime they are in scale to the smaller MP10 which means I will have to double dip Prime as well to make them look at all reasonable in a display...I have the same Prime you do.

There was an example a couple of pages ago of the size difference between our Prime & MP10 to show just how big the gulf in size is.

27280847d1329963360-mp-10-optimus-prime-full-repaint-pic-heavy-xtrepaint_mp10_optimus_f2012_02.jpg

Ours is the MP01/04 Prime on the very left of the pic.

SS & RA will look plain daft next to an original Prime IMO

Neil

I really hate how small the new MP10 Optimus looks. I passed on it since I already own the MP1/MP4 version. I'm really hoping Soundwave is a decent size.

Yeah, if you want MP-10, wait for the Hasbro release. It has everything, is barely different, and is only $100 instead of Takara's $270.

how much difference if any? I will need to hunt down the USA version...not interested in the $250 price tag from Takara's version

I dunno te Hasbro releases always look cheap by comparison.
Does anyone know of the differences between the 2 different Grimlocks??

I really hate how small the new MP10 Optimus looks. I passed on it since I already own the MP1/MP4 version. I'm really hoping Soundwave is a decent size.

Well you are probably going to hate the new scale of Soundwave too. I think Takara/Hasblow are trying to create the first true "Scaled" line of Transformers. Thats why MP-10 is so much smaller than MP-1(&4) and Masterpiece Megatron. They where the only two that where the outliers in the entire line.

how much difference if any? I will need to hunt down the USA version...not interested in the $250 price tag from Takara's version

Different shade of blue, the eyes are painted blue, and the inside of the trailer is gray (the outside is still painted silver as far as I can tell). The smokestacks don't appear to have been clipped.

Here's a gallery: https://www.seibertron.com/events/gallery.php?event_id=226

I dunno te Hasbro releases always look cheap by comparison.
Does anyone know of the differences between the 2 different Grimlocks??

The Takara MP Grimlock was painted up to resemble the cartoon and comic decos. Hasbro's MP Grimlock was painted up to resemble the original toy, with with all the details that used to be stickers back in the 80s painted on in their proper places. They did the same with the MP rodimus release- Takara matched the cartoon, Hasbro matched the 80s toy.

Some more pics of all the new MPs: https://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/masterpiece-transformers-images-from-the-takaratomy-presentation-at-tokyo-toy-show-2012-175268/

Of particular note is this sizechart:

294943_365906710141942_1288802138_n.jpg

Looks like they pretty much nailed it! Though it may not work with Faith Leader. Is that shorter or taller then MP-10?

EDIT: And Soundwave looks amazing. Energon cubes that can actually fit his chest, Laserbeak can solidly perch on his shoulder/arm, the other Casetticons look pretty much perfect, plenty of articulation (including rotating waist!)...I think we may be looking at the best MP yet here!

I'm hoping that he has a switching visor too, like MP Grimlock. Would be nice if you had the option of displaying him with cartoon red or toy yellow eyes.

Faith Leader is the same at head height as the original MP Seeker mold so Soundwave and more importantly ( to me ) Sideswipe & Red Alert will work fine.

I really don't like the redesigned feet on MP Soundwave....it's like Takara always have to change something about the original design just for the sake of doing so and the feet make it as off putting as the hip kibble on the official releases of the original Seeker mold.

So it looks like my Decepticon lineup will remain 3rd party only, even if Fans Toys don't release their Soundwave.

Are you serious? It's nowhere near as bad as the hip kibble on MP-3! :slap That was an annoying, instantly obvious and ego-driven design choice, this looks more like a way to ensure that he has decent ankle articulation. And it shouldn't be too noticeable if they paint half the foot in colors that match the rest of the leg and the front half silver.

EDIT: Looks like we're getting a shiny Takara Megatron after all. With extra Minicons that form wings and a new cannon:

139434459_org.v1339854365.jpg

Last edited:
Are you serious? It's nowhere near as bad as the hip kibble on MP-3! :slap That was an annoying, instantly obvious and ego-driven design choice, this looks more like a way to ensure that he has decent ankle articulation. And it shouldn't be too noticeable if they paint half the foot in colors that match the rest of the leg and the front half silver.

To me there's no difference.

Both are unecessary deviations from the original design that make the toys less appealing to me.

iGear fixed the issues I had with MP-01 and the first Seeker mold so all being well Fans Toys will still release their Soundwave but if not I guess he'll join Megatron on the list of 'cons I don't have due to the lack of anything suitable for my present direction of TF collecting.

Last edited:
Back