ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you serious? It's nowhere near as bad as the hip kibble on MP-3! :slap That was an annoying, instantly obvious and ego-driven design choice, this looks more like a way to ensure that he has decent ankle articulation. And it shouldn't be too noticeable if they paint half the foot in colors that match the rest of the leg and the front half silver.

EDIT: Looks like we're getting a shiny Takara Megatron after all. With extra Minicons that form wings and a new cannon:

139434459_org.v1339854365.jpg

So glad I preordered that! :)

To me there's no difference.

Both are unecessary deviations from the original design that make the toy less appealing to me.

iGear fixed the issues I had with MP-01 and the first Seeker mold so all being well Fans Toys will still release their Soundwave but if not I guess he'll join Megatron on the list of 'cons I don't have due to the lack of anything suitable for my display.

So even if FT don't release one, you still wouldn't get it? Not even a cheaper Hasbro version? When everything else about this looks amazing and what people wanted from a MP Soundwave? Wow, you really are OCD about this stuff. :lol But hey, as long as you have a collection that you're satisfied with, that's all that matters. Hope you don't take my teasing too personally. :)

Shame that the shiny on that megaton is just Stickers. Ok, I give up. Going today to get the us release of voyager Megs.

The 'chromed' bits should be yeah, but I am pleasantly surprised with the rest. Looks like the 'chrome' might be the only stickers involved with this. If that's true, and I will keep a close eye on this one.

Some more pics of all the new MPs: https://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/masterpiece-transformers-images-from-the-takaratomy-presentation-at-tokyo-toy-show-2012-175268/

Of particular note is this sizechart:

294943_365906710141942_1288802138_n.jpg

Looks like they pretty much nailed it! Though it may not work with Faith Leader. Is that shorter or taller then MP-10?

EDIT: And Soundwave looks amazing. Energon cubes that can actually fit his chest, Laserbeak can solidly perch on his shoulder/arm, the other Casetticons look pretty much perfect, plenty of articulation (including rotating waist!)...I think we may be looking at the best MP yet here!

I'm hoping that he has a switching visor too, like MP Grimlock. Would be nice if you had the option of displaying him with cartoon red or toy yellow eyes.

Is Starscream being reissued since he's in that pic?

So even if FT don't release one, you still wouldn't get it? Not even a cheaper Hasbro version? When everything else about this looks amazing and what people wanted from a MP Soundwave? Wow, you really are OCD about this stuff. :lol But hey, as long as you have a collection that you're satisfied with, that's all that matters. Hope you don't take my teasing too personally. :)

No chance.

After experiencing bad QC issues on both Hasbro releases of MP01 I refuse to consider any of their MP releases even though they'll be cheaper and that's assuming Soundwave even gets released here as with Hasbro UK nothing is ever certain.

I do have OCD actually but with TF's it's really more of a case of whittling down my preferences to one general style after 5 years of experimenting and as Transformers are no longer my top collecting priority it means I'm a lot pickier than I was before I decided to change direction.

If other people like Takara's Soundwave then that's fine with me, my present collection is just fine without any form of Megatron so Soundwave is no big deal.

And don't worry on the teasing, as long it stays good natured I'm cool with it.

The scale of Soundwave is ok. Damn, I just don't want to buy another Prime. The MP-10 just looks cheaper quality plastic then the original which also had die-cast material used. And Im going to assume that The black Prime, Ultra Magnus & Megatron will get another re-release again? I'm feeling Takara is just milking the line now.

According to information from the convention panel, MP Soundwave can fit up to three cassettes at once, AND he is compatible with the old ones. Niiiice.

Then this will be smaller if you match it up with the other MP figures? Makes no sense to buy this to have with your Takara TFs?

No, makes no sense at all to me to match Faith Leader up with these newer MP figures. From MP10 onwards the scale of the MP line is spot on for me. Faith Leader would be good scale wise to have with the CHUG figures though I think.

He's a great figure all in all, and a good alternative if you DON'T like MP-10. He's a little shorter than Masterpiece starscream, and a little shorter than Grimloc. additionaly, he's got better leg articulation than MP-10.

That said, i'm still getting MP- 10 when he shows up at toys r us later this year.

He's a great figure all in all, and a good alternative if you DON'T like MP-10. He's a little shorter than Masterpiece starscream, and a little shorter than Grimloc. additionaly, he's got better leg articulation than MP-10.

That said, i'm still getting MP- 10 when he shows up at toys r us later this year.

Is Thru doing Prime with trailer or just the figure only?

Faith Leader works perfectly with,

MP Grimlock, either Seeker mold, Sideswipe, Red Alert, Soundwave & minions

The majority of CHUG releases.

All iGear's PP series and some of their Mini Warriors.

Numerous other 3rd party releases.

It also lacks the diecast that made the original incarnation of the mold so top heavy and prone to falling over if a gnat farted within a range of about a mile.

It has a nice robot mode, unlike MP10.

It is the only G1 Prime worth owning aside from the original.

Last edited:
Back