ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody checked out the new ride at Universal Orlando yet? I'm going in a few weeks. I wonder if they'll have any cool exclusives in the gift shop.

Does anyone know the reason why Tigertracks has no insignia on him? BTW, nice pics, Furyan and corsair. That Powerglide looks swell. Is it a good quality figure apart from the loose joints?

Does anyone know the reason why Tigertracks has no insignia on him? BTW, nice pics, Furyan and corsair. That Powerglide looks swell. Is it a good quality figure apart from the loose joints?

Thanks! He does come with two different sized insignia stickers for you to choose where you want to stick em. From what Ive heard,he came without stickers applied as a throw back to the yellow diaclone lambo..

It's a nod to the Diaclone yellow Sideswipe.

The original TigerTrack was a Figure King Exclusive back in 2003 and must have come with a sticker sheet as I've seen pictures of it with and without the logo.

As Furyan says there is also a sticker sheet with 2 Autobot logos of differing size with the Masterpiece.

I left mine off as I thought it'd be nice to have one with a clean look.

Glider is pretty good, the G1 aesthetic is perfect, the transformation is pretty good considering the size and aside from the arms popping off the ball joints a bit easily the build quality is decent enough.

I'm not sure I would have paid more than £14.99 plus shipping for it but it's definitely the best of the various Powerglides that have been released recently.

Ra88,
Fair enough. Which mode do you like best?

This looks like the old unlicensed Powerglide that was originally produced years ago, before the big surge in popularity of unlicensed Transformers. I think I read somewhere that another company bought that mold, and I guess this is it. They also did a Wheelie and Cyclonus I think? I remember thinking how amazing those looked when they first came out.

--edit: this is it: https://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/article/82556332.html

My main Autobot display as of today,

That's almost exactly like mine. I got Glider in a trade several months ago. Yeah, he's not quite MP quality, that's for sure - or even iGear Mini-Warriors quality... but their version looks like crap to me, and he's certainly the only G1 accurate version out there that I know of. I think he works best in the background, but he seems to look just fine out front in your display, too. :)

Only differences between my setup and yours is that I've switched out Faith Leader for Hasbro's MP-10, and I've removed Arcee for the time being... I'm actually thinking about selling or trading her, but I keep going back and forth on that. She looks great but she's the only movie/Season 3 'Bot there, so she looks out of place. Plus she's a BIT on the small side, so I dunno...

This looks like the old unlicensed Powerglide that was originally produced years ago, before the big surge in popularity of unlicensed Transformers. I think I read somewhere that another company bought that mold, and I guess this is it. They also did a Wheelie and Cyclonus I think? I remember thinking how amazing those looked when they first came out.

--edit: this is it: https://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/article/82556332.html

Spot on.

I always wanted to get one of the original kits that Jizaitoys released but they were very limited and the few that showed up on ebay were way more than I was willing to pay and likewise for Cyclonus.

SuperAlloy released a diecast version of Wheelie which I owned briefly and it was OK but for some reason they upscaled it from the original and it didn't fit in too well with my display.

DPrime,
For me Glider ticks all the right boxes, the MakeToys one looks too Chibi-fied and iGear's just looks BAD.

When Gears and the first 2 Nissans arrive my display will be changing again and the characters from series 2 onwards will be going elsewhere.

Faith Leader will eventually get "retired" to his box or outright sold to make way for Wheeljack.

If I put my issues with modern day Bumblebee aside and get the Masterpiece he can go in with my Decepticons so they can have their own punchbag :lol

9154994131_c85fc34b15_o.jpg

Also, reviewed the KFC B-Box and Birdbomber. They are REALLY nice:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff1c6lvmx3c[/ame]

Back