ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got Cogz and Veer in the post this morning and was disappointed to discover that in person the red parts on Cogz look faded instead of the vibrant, G1 accurate color of the prototype.

Veer's faded coloring is slightly more acceptable as he looks like his IDW appearance but the mold in general isn't as good as it looked in pics and I'll be reselling both along with Spray, Rager and Hench.

iGear have worn out their welcome with me and the only thing I'll consider buying from them in the future is Impactor....providing there's no screwups with the QC or plastic coloring.

I will now definitely buy 2 of Masterpiece Bumblebee plus whatever variants to help ensure that Takara give the other series 1 Minibots the same treatment.

Last edited:
I got Cogz and Veer in the post this morning and was disappointed to discover that in person the red parts on Cogz look faded instead of the vibrant, G1 accurate color of the prototype.

Veer's faded coloring is slightly more acceptable as he looks like his IDW appearance but the mold in general isn't as good as it looked in pics and I'll be reselling both along with Spray, Rager and Hench.

iGear have worn out their welcome with me and the only thing I'll consider buying from them in the future is Impactor....providing there's no screwups with the QC or plastic coloring.

I will now definitely buy 2 of Masterpiece Bumblebee plus whatever variants to help ensure that Takara give the other series 1 Minibots the same treatment.

Aw man that sucks.

Sorry to hear about the issues with Cogz.
I actually never went through with the order & sounds like I was better not too.

On a side note I actually sold my Rager & Spray on Ebay at the weekend for £32 + postage for the pair.
Made my money back more or less on them so that will go nicely with the refund I got from Kapow this week (because of the new pricing policy on the MP Cars & I pre-ordered Prowl earlier at the higher price they gave me a nice £15 refund :)) & will halp fund something new for the collection :)

Neil

Aw man that sucks.

Sorry to hear about the issues with Cogz.
I actually never went through with the order & sounds like I was better not too.

On a side note I actually sold my Rager & Spray on Ebay at the weekend for £32 + postage for the pair.
Made my money back more or less on them so that will go nicely with the refund I got from Kapow this week (because of the new pricing policy on the MP Cars & I pre-ordered Prowl earlier at the higher price they gave me a nice £15 refund :)) & will halp fund something new for the collection :)

Neil

It's a bit of a bummer with them arriving on my birthday but I bought them myself so I can resell them and use the cash towards something else....Toyworld's Hardhead is a good possibility now I've seen some for around £65 shipped.

Silent Bob mentioned the other day that he got a similar refund from Kapow and it's very cool of them to do it as they could easily have kept the initial orders at the old price.

i2g4tnvY057fb.gif

I think I'm now up for backtracking and getting an MP-12. On ebay I notice a lot of the cheapest ones are all from taiwan, have there been any issues of KO or factory seconds being sold? I'm never one to malign a place but am still worried about this pattern :lol

I got a loose Red Alert from an Asian seller on eBay, that I feared might be a factory reject or something, but it looked to be in fine shape with no major issues. Seemed as if they just took it out of the box to save on shipping costs.

I think I'm now up for backtracking and getting an MP-12. On ebay I notice a lot of the cheapest ones are all from taiwan, have there been any issues of KO or factory seconds being sold? I'm never one to malign a place but am still worried about this pattern :lol

Well as you're in the UK like me why not go to the best source & get one direct from Kapow Toys who are getting a restock for the frankly amazing price of £75 + shipping (what I originally paid for my from their inistal batch)

https://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/mp12-ma...p-5774.html?osCsid=0s4ue9l692e4r1iming2mdtab1

Would make sense to me ;) lol

If not have a look at this Ebay seller that was recommended to me by TheCorsair (he picked up his Wrecking Crue from them so know they are legit) as he has MP12 for £76 shipped

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/A-Plus-ANIME-CAMERA-CONNECT?_trksid=p2047675.l2563&clk_rvr_id=496316288928

MP12 -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRANSFOR...nFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item5d40a27e64

HTH

Neil

Thanks for doing the leg work for me soundwave haha, was too lazy going straight to ebay. So kapow are getting a new batch? thats convenient and cheaper!

Thanks for doing the leg work for me soundwave haha, was too lazy going straight to ebay. So kapow are getting a new batch? thats convenient and cheaper!

Lol no problems always happy to help out :)

Andy @ Kapow is a top bloke & their prices are pretty reasonable...especially now they are dropping the prices of the upcoming Autobot Cars to £55 + shipping each

And they have been really good to early pre-orders by giving refunds so that they match up to the new prices (I originally paid £75 shipped for my Prowl Pre-order & I had a £15 refund from them on Friday) which is really good.

I already have pre-orders elsewhere for Bluestreak & Smokescreen otherwise I'd have them on pre-order there as well but they are definitely getting my business again for WJ & Bee

Neil

I can vouch for Kapow also, don't buy from their very often but always good prices and excellent customer service. Just bought a Masterpiece Sideswipe from there which has been posted out today.

So there is a placeholder listing for Soundwave and Acid Storm on TRU's website--they will apparently be available to order on July 18th.

The new box style looks great, love all the stuff you get with Soundwave for 119 bucks.

The Acid Storm is really cool, can never have enough aircraft. :yess:

So there is a placeholder listing for Soundwave and Acid Storm on TRU's website--they will apparently be available to order on July 18th.

I've been told that they have also appeared in the TRU UK system but no mentions of date or prices yet but it may be around the £100 mark which will be a bargain as that's easily half what I paid for the Takara version :thud:

Neil

That's too bad. I haven't yet gotten my Cogz but I guess I'm going in with lowered expectations now. :(

Called it on BB. :)

And yeah, I'm pretty much done with iGear myself. I'm not saying I won't ever buy an iGear product again, but I certainly won't be preordering anything from them anymore, that's for sure. They've really taken a turn for the worse.

That's too bad. I haven't yet gotten my Cogz but I guess I'm going in with lowered expectations now. :(

Called it on BB. :)

And yeah, I'm pretty much done with iGear myself. I'm not saying I won't ever buy an iGear product again, but I certainly won't be preordering anything from them anymore, that's for sure. They've really taken a turn for the worse.

I think my disappointment is perhaps in part due to how good all the Masterpieces have been of late....anything of lesser quality really stands out and not in a good way.

Cogz is probably 90% there but it's that missing 10% that makes the difference and there's no excuse for screwing the colors up.

When they were the only company doing Minibots it was easier to cut them some slack but with Masterpiece versions now being on the table and rumors of another 3rd party company making their own it becomes easy to drop iGear especially if the rival products stick to a consistent scale and design aesthetic.

Buying Bumblebee will inevitably help improve the chances of the other season 1 Minibots being made officially and we know from the Huffer sketch that Shogo Hasui did that he'd knock each one out of the park.

I'm also intrested to see what this other company bring to the table as long as they don't go "Classics" and try and reinvent the wheel.

The new box style looks great, love all the stuff you get with Soundwave for 119 bucks.

The Acid Storm is really cool, can never have enough aircraft. :yess:

If this is true, then I'd rather wait and buy the TRU version and get the additional soundwave as a bonus figure, since the takara mp 15 and 16 which I'm planning to get cost bout 59 each which would be about $118 not including the shipping. :gah:

Back