Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cancelled a spot on the waitlist for the regular edition Luke way back in December and after pre-ordering Boromir it bumped the cancellation down into the slot that I'm used to checking for Anakin's order status.

So I just clicked on my account, looked down to where Anakin is normally listed and it says, "Cancelled." About gave me a heart attack. :google

Khev said:
I cancelled a spot on the waitlist for the regular edition Luke way back in December and after pre-ordering Boromir it bumped the cancellation down into the slot that I'm used to checking for Anakin's order status.

So I just clicked on my account, looked down to where Anakin is normally listed and it says, "Cancelled." About gave me a heart attack. :google

Close one man... I know I would have shot myself if I had done something like that.

wookilar8 said:
Carb, these aren't mine. I just copied the photo from a previous post. But both exclusive and regular will arrive on the 1st and 2nd!:chew

What a tease! :lol :monkey5

wookilar8 said:
sabres.jpg

"Anything you can do, I can do better.":chew :chew :chew

Or even better

"Mini-me, you complete me.":rotfl

Man this pose seems like it was right out of Kung Fu hustle.

Hi Freaks, I need some help!
I see the eyelet snaps of the cummerbund, but I can't seem to find the way to undo Anakin's belt. I want to redress the costume straighter since it got crumpled a bit in the package. The belt wasn't glued together, was it?
Thanks in advance!

Here is a pic (from Star Wars Chinese forum)of the belt dissembled. Hope it helps you out:

image0971.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta say, the belt, robotic arm and accessories look amazing. Great pic, thanks!

Getting mine delivered this hour!

Great Pic. Will have mine Friday!! Is it me, or did the peg get less detail? Seems like the arm's straight peg will be bothersome as how it ever suppose to stay in place? I can see why folks say it's easily dislogded.

Anyone with the figure: Is the blue of the lightsaber bluer than it appears in the photos? It looks sky/baby blue. Go Carolina Ani!

pixletwin said:
Here is a pic (from Star Wars Chinese forum)of the belt dissembled. Hope it helps you out:

Pixletwin, thanks for finding that pic. I was just able to decipher the pin holes!

Super Poseable said:
Pixletwin, thanks for finding that pic. I was just able to decipher the pin holes!

so how is the belt held together? is it like lukes?

nash said:
so how is the belt held together? is it like lukes?

Oh jeez, y'know what? I never looked too closely at Luke's belt! I currently have him dressed and posed as his arrival at Jabba's palace, so I didn't bother with it.

For Anakin's belt, the clasp is fused to the right end (as seen in pixletwin's pic) and has two short knobby pins that poke through punched holes on the opposite end. The fused pins and open pins look similar when you first look underneath, which is why I was confused in the first place. But I found it very easy to nudge the belt apart.

I had to leave for work before I put it back together, but I can't imagine any difficulty with it.

I got a surprise courtesy of FedEx today... my Anakin Skywalker figure a day early!!!

I've been fiddling with him for the last two hours and I must say that I'm a lot more disappointed with it than I thought I would. And it's not because of the much discussed paint colors. I'm not known to severly criticize Sideshow figures... but this figure really frustrated me at times.

1 - That gloved arm is REALLY a pain! It falls off VERY easy. You can't imagine how easily it falls off. And when it does, especially if you have him wearing the Jedi robe, you have a hard time finding the hole in the socket underneath all the layers of clothing. The first time his arm fell off I had to take off all of the clothing to see how to line up the arm with the hole again.

2 - I was hoping to tuck the shirt underneath the glove (the way they have it in the film) but you can't. As you can see from the Pixeltwin's picture, there is no space between the arm and the glove. So there is no room to tuck the inner shirt nor the flaired tunic sleeve. :monkey2

3 - The inner shirt has a right arm sleeve that is the same length as the left sleeve. You wouldn't think that would be a problem, but it is with this figure. You can not use the fore arm of that sleeve for either the gloved arrm nor the mechanical arm. As a result, the right sleeve is constantly hiked up with a considerable amount of fabric gathering around the shoulder and bicep. This extra fabric also adds to the problem when the arm inevitably falls off. Why not have the sleeve of his right arm be shorter than the left arm? It's not like you are EVER going to use this extra fabric regardless if you are using the gloved or mechanical arm. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I might have to shorten the sleeve myself. :eek:

4 - The hood of the Jedi Robe is WAY TOO BIG!!! It does have the wire in the hood rim but I couldn't for the life of me get it to look right. I may have to use an iron.

5 - The leather straps are stitched to the wrap. This would be okay... if sewn correctly. However the right leather strap on MY Anakin gathers at the top of the shoulder, creating a loop that rises slightly above the shoulder. SO when he stands one strap is higher than the other. And there is no way of pulling down the strap (like the Hasblow version:rolleyes:) without pulling down the whole sash and belt assembly. I currently have Anakin wearing the Jedi Robe to hide this. I hate to do it, but it looks like I'm going to be popping some stitching. :monkey2

Don't get me wrong... I love the look of this figure. The sculpting of Anakin is simply stunning. Andy outdid himself. And, after fiddling with it for those two hours, the figure looks unbelievable in person. However it looks like I'm going to have to overhaul the figure (doing some things I don't normally like to do with a $60 figure) in order to make him more presentable. And that damned removable arm makes the figure FAR MORE fragile than I like my toys.:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
What a great idea!!! :chew :chew :chew

Thanks, jlcmsu for posting the pics. Going to try it right now!!!

Back