Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
No problem. I gotta do this when I get mine as well.

Yeah, nice pics Josh... I was wondering if it would be possible to do this. Would be a little silly to not have it screen accurate with such a high end figure. But, as I can see.. just a little ingenuity and it works.

As for the other issues... I hope that I can make mine look nice. I'm seriously thinking of lightening the lips myself, but am trying to work out the details. I know when he gets here I'll be too freaked out to try.. but give me a few days and I just might. :D

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, nice pics Josh... I was wondering if it would be possible to do this. Would be a little silly to not have it screen accurate with such a high end figure. But, as I can see.. just a little ingenuity and it works.

As for the other issues... I hope that I can make mine look nice. I'm seriously thinking of lightening the lips myself, but am trying to work out the details. I know when he gets here I'll be too freaked out to try.. but give me a few days and I just might. :D

Well at least they're aware of the concerns about the lips over at SS. Hopefully they'll watch for 'lip' problems in the application on future figures. Here's what Heath Hammond, Sideshow Collectibles' 3D Creative Manager, had to say over at RS:

RS: If you had more time or a DeLorean, would you change anything on this figure?

HH: Yeah. The deco on the lips! I don’t know why they can’t get the lip color right.

read the rest (and see all the WICKED photos) here:

https://www.rebelscum.com/SSC16anakinjediEX.asp

I think when you do that little sleeve trick, it will also help with the arm falling off since it will be sort of tied to the sleeve.

What about putting clear fingernail polish on the connector? Maybe that might help it stay in place better. I have heard of people doing that for loose joints on figures. If anyone tries it, let us know if it works. I am still waiting on my shipping notice.

rainman said:
What about putting clear fingernail polish on the connector? Maybe that might help it stay in place better. I have heard of people doing that for loose joints on figures. If anyone tries it, let us know if it works. I am still waiting on my shipping notice.

That will work. It's a trick that works on the knees of the 80's GIJoe figures.

jlcmsu said:
Awesome!! How hard was it to take everything off and do that?

With the arm falling off ad nauseum, I'm getting pretty good at putting him back together. :lol :rotfl :lol

And the rubber band does not help keep the arm in place... it only prevents the arm from dropping to the floor. :rolleyes:

That clear finger nail polish idea sounds good but I'm a bit nervous trying it for the first time on "the one who will bring balance to the Force."

Has anyone tried this on Anakn yet? :confused:

Well, once I get that arm sleeve fixed like the way the pic shows and get him setup. I won't worry about messing with him so the arm should be ok.

im just going to wrap a little bit of tape around the peg, or dab a small dot of super glue to the peg to help give it some diameter.

I want to do this too, but the roboarm is too cool to just leave it in the box. I'd like to be able to change them out. Guess I'll just have to get a regular version to play with the robo arm...

Darklord Dave said:
I want to do this too, but the roboarm is too cool to just leave it in the box. I'd like to be able to change them out. Guess I'll just have to get a regular version to play with the robo arm...

May want to try to "cut to fit" a slice of bandaid strip and wrap it around the peg, I've done that with other pegs and it held the joint fairly tight, adds width and if you don't like it, you can always remove it.

pjam said:
May want to try to "cut to fit" a slice of bandaid strip and wrap it around the peg, I've done that with other pegs and it held the joint fairly tight, adds width and if you don't like it, you can always remove it.

Thats probably the best idea...just a little bandaid or tape to give it some extra width..and like you said...if you dont like it it will always come off, with no harm done to the figure!

kingdarkness03 said:
Thats probably the best idea...just a little bandaid or tape to give it some extra width..and like you said...if you dont like it it will always come off, with no harm done to the figure!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's the easiest way to go, with the least amount of change to the figure....less risk, etc.

I just opened my regular edition Anakin. Yes his hair is a little dark and yes his lips are a little dark, but it's not off enough for me to want to do a repaint.
I would only ask that Sideshow in the future should pay closer attention to the paint apps. The sculpts are fantastic please continue to improve on your
work.

Sideshow doesn't paint the figures. Factory workers in Hong Kong do based on the prototypes they are given by Sideshow, which an artist at Sideshow paints. Same with the clothing.

rainman said:
Sideshow doesn't paint the figures. Factory workers in Hong Kong do based on the prototypes they are given by Sideshow, which an artist at Sideshow paints. Same with the clothing.

Of course. But they need to have a rep at the factory laying the smackdown, otherwise it'll be a crapshoot.

Well got to open mine up. Pretty sweet figure of course. None of the photo's online do him justice, he rocks just like Luke. And seeing the lips in person don't bother me. Now hurry up and throw Kenobi at us.

anakin1.JPG

anakin2.JPG

anakin3.JPG

EVILFACE said:
Well got to open mine up. Pretty sweet figure of course. None of the photo's online do him justice, he rocks just like Luke. And seeing the lips in person don't bother me. Now hurry up and throw Kenobi at us.

anakin1.JPG

anakin2.JPG

anakin3.JPG

Very cool pix Evilface...I really like the last one:lol

Back