Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, didn't notice the lip gloss till afterwards.:lol It won't be a mainstay like the doily.

No thats actually a police/fire/ems scanner. My Dad is a paramedic so it comes with the job.

They look too pink. He did some more changes to them and posted more pics that look better but still too pink.

Hmmmmm...not sure about the repaint...they look to pink....Haveing had Anakin for a full day now and really looking at him, I dont have even have a problem with the lips anymore....This figure is to good to get stuck on the color of his lips...also, I think if you are going to repaint his lips you need to do the hair and eye brows too....with the extra light lips it makes the rest of the paint app look uneven.

rainman said:
At least now the guy who posted those pics knows how Sideshow feels now. :D

:lol Well, when my Anakins arrive on Mon, I'm going to keep them the way Sideshow intended them to be (even if it's unintentional)

kingdarkness03 said:
Hmmmmm...not sure about the repaint...they look to pink....Haveing had Anakin for a full day now and really looking at him, I dont have even have a problem with the lips anymore....This figure is to good to get stuck on the color of his lips...also, I think if you are going to repaint his lips you need to do the hair and eye brows too....with the extra light lips it makes the rest of the paint app look uneven.

Yeah, agreed.... Now that I have him in my little grubby hands... I don't really have that much of an issue with the lips. It's kinda like Luke's eyes were in the pics... the camera seemed to make him look "shocked", and Anakin gets the "Geisha" lip treatment. He looks awesome and I love him...

I took some blurry phone pics to tide myself over until I get my next roll developed next weekend. At which time I will post them here..

But here they are anyway.. sorry for the blurriness.. my pnone camera sucks. But if you know me... and you've seen my gallery... you know this already. :lol

111652660RL505191873.jpg

111652702RL079941264.jpg

I kinda traded poses with Luke... Now I just use the more Evil pose with Anakin and have a more heroic pose with Luke. That is... until I have Obi or Sith Anakin... then it will get really fun. Oh....and King... thanks for the advice on the arm stub... I put some glue on it to make it a little less prone to falling off and it hasn't come off since.. Great idea!!

jlcmsu said:
Thanks! I know all you doily fans can't get enough. :lol It shall be a mainstay in my pics from now on.

Nice going Josh, good lighting too, brings out his flesh tones nicely.

Can't wait to see your new pics D.A., the more I see these pics the more I think this Anakin was made for some serious BadA$$ fighting poses

pjam said:
Can't wait to see your new pics D.A., the more I see these pics the more I think this Anakin was made for some serious BadA$$ fighting poses

Yeah he is gonna look sick fighting.. I can't wait for Obi-Wan!!!

Wait until you see the pic I put together.. It's Anakin force choking Luke.... too cool... and oddly enoug it works with both head sculpts. Use the flash for "Extra Shock" on Luke's face!! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Oh nononono. I could deal with the lips until I set him next to Luke. The difference just made him look terrible!! So, here's my lip repaint.

anakin16mh.jpg

anakin24sq.jpg

anakin37vf.jpg

anakin48jz.jpg

anakin59bo.jpg

anakin61rt.jpg

:D :emperor

Now THAT is what his lips were supposed to look like.Very good job Mickey.Why hasn't Sideshow snatched you up yet:confused:

Also those are kick ass pix...If SS doesn't hire you as a painter you can take their production pix for them!

Very nice Customikey! Good job blending the lip with the skin tone. The lips didn't really bug me but now that I see your repaint I am seriously considering sending you mine for repaint (when I get him).I hearby nominate you as Sideshow painter. Now pack those bags and git yerself to China! :D

Let it be known that I'll be glad to do basic lip repaints for a mere $15.

I prefer to paint in my comfy chair. Although I'm certain the crate lends artistic majesty to ones work.

Customikey said:
Let it be known that I'll be glad to do basic lip repaints for a mere $15.

I prefer to paint in my comfy chair. Although I'm certain the crate lends artistic majesty to ones work.

anakin61rt.jpg

This last shot is stunning Mikey, really great! :monkey5

Last edited:
Back