Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jango56031 said:
Got mine on Saturday. Wasn't very happy with the paint application on the eyes and lips. I retouched it a little to make him less gothic and more valiant jedi. Check it out!

How did you redo the lips? What kind of paints? What colors? Yada, yada...

Darth Rage said:
Absolutely pjam, the sculpt Andy did is an absolute homerun. I wish I could say the same for the paint though, it is pretty bad IMO. He looks like a girl with that lipstick and eyeliner. I don't know, everyone here seems to be getting over it though, or looking at everything else about the figure to avoid the makeup issue, which is great if you can do that. The costume is fantastic, really great. I definately disagree with the hood being too big complaints, watch the movie again, his hood is frikkin huge. I just can't get past that paint though. Either he goes for a touchup or he goes. Period.

THe paints not that bad. The lips I'm with ya on they do hurt this figure but the rest of it is pretty solid. Get rid of it if ya don't like it but you're given up a great figure.

there is no question that it's an excellent sculpt. The photoshops circulating with the thinner chin are off I think. I don't have a problem with the eyeliner either, it's not that noticeable. I did lighten the lips and eyebrows and worked on the scar a bit, but even out of the box, he's much better looking than most pictures imply.

Darklord Dave said:
there is no question that it's an excellent sculpt. The photoshops circulating with the thinner chin are off I think. I don't have a problem with the eyeliner either, it's not that noticeable. I did lighten the lips and eyebrows and worked on the scar a bit, but even out of the box, he's much better looking than most pictures imply.

Show us pix please. I'd like to see how you did the scar in particular.

jlcmsu said:
THe paints not that bad. The lips I'm with ya on they do hurt this figure but the rest of it is pretty solid. Get rid of it if ya don't like it but you're given up a great figure.

I'm going to improve upon it. I want mine to look more like the proto which is more film-accurate if that's okay with you Josh.

In the past, I have seen paint pens sold in art stores. Does anyone know more about these and if they would be useful for painting small details?

JustinLuck said:
In the past, I have seen paint pens sold in art stores. Does anyone know more about these and if they would be useful for painting small details?

You may want to ask Mikey about that.

pjam said:
I'm going to improve upon it. I want mine to look more like the proto which is more film-accurate if that's okay with you Josh.

It's your figure do with it as you so choose. I got mine and like it so I don't five a damn what everyone else does with theirs.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
How did you redo the lips? What kind of paints? What colors? Yada, yada...
I used a barn red and flesh tone mix watered down and washed over the existing color about 3 times then sealed it with acrylic varnish.

If I tried to change anything on mine he'd have clown lips and his eyebrows would look like they'd been shaved and drawn on. Go me!

You know the most aggravating part... I drove like 25 miles today out to my parents house after a long day of work, just to get my Dad's camera... I get home about 30 minutes ago.... Take a whole slew of nice pics for everyone to see....

And I notice they gave me the wrong cord to upload the pics. :monkey4

Oh well....I guess it will still be this weekend before I can show off Anakin's nicely repainted lips. :monkey2

DarkArtist81 said:
You know the most aggravating part... I drove like 25 miles today out to my parents house after a long day of work, just to get my Dad's camera... I get home about 30 minutes ago.... Take a whole slew of nice pics for everyone to see....

And I notice they gave me the wrong cord to upload the pics. :monkey4

Oh well....I guess it will still be this weekend before I can show off Anakin's nicely repainted lips. :monkey2

:lol :lol :lol ...There is a greater power keeping you from taking non-craptacutal photos!!!!

Anyone else out there done some tweeking on there Ani. If so please post pictures.

jlcmsu said:
It's your figure do with it as you so choose. I got mine and like it so I don't five a damn what everyone else does with theirs.

If you don't give a damn why do you make it such a point to counter every post that looks at a figure in any kind of negative light? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but your post just came across to me as a little....condescending. Sorry if I am misinterpretting.

Back