Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVILFACE said:
Who is that supposed to be?

Mark Hamill from ESB.... not the best sculpt in the world, but worlds ahead of Hasbro if you didn't want to re-use SSC Luke to make a custom. And that would be what I was going for.

The sculpt is from Sovereign studios....

As for the current clothes, he is wearing the Hasbro "Ceremonial gear" Luke from Ep IV.

DarkArtist81 said:
Mark Hamill from ESB.... not the best sculpt in the world, but worlds ahead of Hasbro if you didn't want to re-use SSC Luke to make a custom. And that would be what I was going for.

The sculpt is from Sovereign studios....

actually it's from ROTJ. and it's an eydylhands sculpt commissioned by super serg. it's a shame that that sovereign studios guy is making re-casts.:monkey2

captain sack said:
actually it's from ROTJ. and it's an eydylhands sculpt commissioned by super serg. it's a shame that that sovereign studios guy is making re-casts.:monkey2

hmm....well, I'm glad I now know that.. :confused:

Thanks Sack...I had no idea. It still works for my purposes, but still glad to be a little more in the know.

What color did you choose for his lips, DA? They look perfect. Also, have you thought about thinning his eyebrows a bit? The prototype had skin color partially painted on the tops of his eyebrows. It thinned them down a bit and he looked much more like Hayden.

JustinLuck said:
What color did you choose for his lips, DA? They look perfect. Also, have you thought about thinning his eyebrows a bit? The prototype had skin color partially painted on the tops of his eyebrows. It thinned them down a bit and he looked much more like Hayden.

Well Justin... I started with Warm tint skin tone and added just a touch of Burnt Sienna, I then started adding the Skin Tone Base until it got light enough to my liking. After that I lightly drybrushed it over the lips until I felt it was blended nicely enough. Then I added a little more Burnt Sienna into the mixture to get a slightly darker color, drybrushed that into the lip line and lip edge to give it a little depth.

As for the eyebrows....they don't really bother me too much. I lightened the hair color on them and they look fine. Plus I don't really want to mess with that part of it too much. It'll be very obvious that I touched it up and I would probably have to do the whole head. :monkey2

DarkArtist81 said:
Thanks for the comments Khev!! Nice coming from another Bespin Luke fan like yourself... :D

But once I had it finished and breathed... it was all gravy. You don't live too far away from me, so if you ever wanted it done, I'd do it for you. Anything to help a fellow freak and SW fan....

Oh...and just to give you an update on that Bespin Luke I am working on... I got the head and he's currently "renting" Ceremonial Luke's uniform until I get the Bespin one... Check it out...

I didn't paint this one though... just tweaked it... I just love how it's coming along.
Sweet, I'll let you know after I get Anakin (due to arrive today!) and if I'm ever in your neck of the woods. :)

Nice job on the Luke, looking forward to seeing the finished work!

jlcmsu said:
Cause I want to. Its my right to interject my opinion when and where I choose. Just because I respond doesn't mean I care.

Like I give a damn what you got to say. You're one of the biggest damn cry babies I've seen on a message board.

Josh, when I read your PM to me, you know the one, the one titled "Kiss Off" and telling me to "Kiss your ******* ass", I was curious as to what I could have posted that would have upset you so much. So I started reviewing the threads that I had posted in recently and found this one, which appears to be the culprit.

I won't stoop down to your pathetic adolecent level so will dispense with the name calling. I will say that I honestly feel sorry for you and wish you the best.

signed,

"damn cry baby" :monkey3 :rotfl

DarkArtist81 said:
Well Justin... I started with Warm tint skin tone and added just a touch of Burnt Sienna, I then started adding the Skin Tone Base until it got light enough to my liking. After that I lightly drybrushed it over the lips until I felt it was blended nicely enough. Then I added a little more Burnt Sienna into the mixture to get a slightly darker color, drybrushed that into the lip line and lip edge to give it a little depth.

As for the eyebrows....they don't really bother me too much. I lightened the hair color on them and they look fine. Plus I don't really want to mess with that part of it too much. It'll be very obvious that I touched it up and I would probably have to do the whole head. :monkey2

DA, what brand paints do you use?

And what colors did you use to lighten the hair and eyebrows?

I'll love the whole world if someone can tell me specifically how/what I need to do in order to fix the lips on my Anakin figure. ;)

:emperor :chew :maul

IrishJedi said:
I'll love the whole world if someone can tell me specifically how/what I need to do in order to fix the lips on my Anakin figure. ;)

:emperor :chew :maul

CustomMikey offered to repaint lips for 15, his post is somewhere in this thread, maybe PM him to see if offer is still good.

pjam said:
CustomMikey offered to repaint lips for 15, his post is somewhere in this thread, maybe PM him to see if offer is still good.

Oh, I saw that and I'm indeed tempted to do so. I just assumed that he's already swamped with those requests and didn't want to add to that. I'm crazy enough to try it myself... I'd just like to know which paints to use exactly and how they should be mixed, etc.

I am willing to pay Customikey $15 just to put up a tutorial on how to paint his lips and what color. (seriously).

RoboDad said:
I'm with you! Even a general list of the steps and the materials used would be a great thing to have.

I've never seen so many guys concerned about lip color since "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" aired...

and you can include me at the top of the list, I even want to lighten his hair a few shades too.

pjam said:
Everyone's trying to figure out how to fix his lips... or so it seems from many posts on other boards... I've never seen so many guys concerned about lip color since "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" aired...

and you can include me at the top of the list, I even want to lighten his hair a few shades too.

I wouldn't want to do anything to my Anakin but when I posed him beside Luke, damned, the over-the-top pain appl is so glaring! :monkey2

Back